Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 06:34 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Every time I even look at my bike, I feel like a little kid who got everything I ever wanted at Christmas. It would take a LOT for me to give it up.

Just an update (not that I think anyone cares but...) I got a 4" fat tire ebike that goes about 30mph, and while its a lot of fun, and does great in the sandy areas, it IS NOT anything like the thrill of riding my Kawasaki motorcycle. So this girl is no where near giving up my ride. I still feel like a kid on Christmas day every time I lay eyes on my bike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2023, 05:49 AM

145 posts, read 149,574 times
I am in my late 70s.
In my life, starting at age 15 with a used Triumph Tiger Cub (I think they called it) I have had some 20+ MCs.
I would buy and sell bikes all my life trying out many over time.
Due to getting older and weaker I gave up bikes about 18 months ago and sold my last cruiser.
But, the urge to be on two wheels got to me again.
I needed something lighter and I read about scooters and looked at them. Low center of gravity too.
So I found a used Suzsuki Burgman 400 for my solo rides around the rural area I live in.
It is different for sure. With the CVT and braking done with the hands your feet are not used at all.
So far so good. But I am also thinking at my age and with the medical conditions that I have that this will almost certainly be my last set of two wheels.

Old 05-04-2024, 05:34 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,144,587 times
I won't give it up but I have altered my riding habits. I don't commute 45 min to work and home mainly due to amount of traffic and people drive like jags to and from work. When I get home and have dinner I will go out for a sunset ride, I try to stay out of the city and stay out in the country. I don't drive at night unless I have to and I don't drink and drive. I rarely have close calls with this strategy.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

785 posts, read 514,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The people who should give up motorcycles are the ones with loud pipes baffles removed. I was the at MC shop today. Upon leaving I was behind a old guy in a cruiser. The noise was so freaking loud I pulled over and let him ride away to not have his muffler noise ring my ears. I was using earplugs and a full face helmet.

Imagine living next to such an ass.
Most cruiser riders will rev their thumping beasts all the time, especially when going through an underpass or when between two walls of any kind. I have to admit I've revved mine just to hear the Cobra pipe.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

7,962 posts, read 3,912,744 times
Decades ago, I traded my motorcycle in on a wife.

Guess which one is higher maintenance.

Old Today, 09:41 AM

3,516 posts, read 776,661 times
i had a motorcycle for a minute .. never could remember to put my feet down when i stopped ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles