Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 12:59 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,204,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I understand Chicago has many indoor places and venues that will be requiring proof of vaccination.

Not sure, yet, if the whole County, or State will be following suit....
Do expand on what many parts of Chicago are not Cook county, and vice versa ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 01:04 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
ManApplet, my understanding that the CITY of Chicago will be mandating the vaccination card mandate for bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters, etc.

But at this time, the entire COOK COUNTY is not mandating this.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:10 PM

OK. But IMHO it is not a good idea to mix it up now. That has been the problem all along that has landed us here already again still. But if my hopes expressed in my most recent thread start OP materialize we are getting over the entire c19 problem in terms of death and severe illness worries. Keep your fingers crossed!

Old 12-23-2021, 01:32 PM

ManApplet, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family, brother!

Old 12-23-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
ManApplet, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family, brother!
Hello Oregano !!!! Seasonings greetings ! I already polished up the festivus pole. This year it is a broom leaning in the corner under the hanging wall shelf. I have giant spf trees right out the house doors and windows so no need to bother with bringing one in. But I do bring in cedar and spf needles for odor. Set a bowl of them on the wood burner as long as needed. Thanks for the greeting and best of the holiday seasonings to you as well.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:39 AM

WOW! I started this thread during the pandemic, and am I HAPPY to be past that part of history!!

I've actually been hanging out a few times this summer (when I DO spend time in Wisconsin! LOL!!). And I must say, it does have that old school neighborhood vibe that I love about similar neighborhoods in Chicago.

I rode my bicycle around there yesterday. It was cool to see a Demarinis Italian, with a Three Brothers Serbian place, right around the corner!

But WHY does Groppi's Italian Deli NOT make fresh Italian subs?!?! That aside, very cool to sit outside in their patio, sip wine, and chat the locals!

Old 09-12-2022, 07:05 PM

6,374 posts, read 4,987,814 times
Quote:
And this one is more obscure I think. But I live by the Milwaukee/Greenfield border. So, take a walk in that subdivision between Morgan Avenue and Forest Home Avenue; 43rd Street to 51st Street. I can't quite put my finger on it. But it SO reminds ne of areas you'll see in Chicago's Forest Glen/Norwood Park/ Edison Park area. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Streetviewing 27th St now, it kinda reminds me of the far south/southwest side of Chicago and adjacent inner-ring suburbs (like Evergreen Park, Hometown, Hickory Hills area). Less dense than the far NW side near O'Hare, more green, more large parking lots and chain businesses.

Old 09-13-2022, 06:54 AM

TheTimidBlueBars, good morning,

Which part of 27th Street is giving you Chicago far south/southwest vibes? 27th runs from the inner city all the way south to the city border. I was trying to think of which part of 27th Street you were looking at...

Thank you!

Old 09-13-2022, 12:15 PM

117 posts, read 84,306 times
All of it. It's all one big megacity to me i'm actually kinda surprised Milwaukee hasn't been absorbed into Chicagoland yet. It's been awhile since i've been up there but i'll be picking up my daughter there this Friday so i guess i'll see if there's anything new.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:43 PM

Kraftask, if you are interested in any recommendations, should you be in Milwaukee, please reach out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee