Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 07:15 PM

137 posts, read 64,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well I can guarantee you that if we don't send Ukraine any money had better be prepared when Russia invades Poland which is exactly what will happen.
You endorsed Newsome, explains why your takes are always wrong. Nice fear mongering, but zero relevance to reality.

Perhaps turn off your fanatical far left media that spouts war propaganda 24/7. Maybe Russia will invade Poland like how accurate our government was about WMDs in Iraq.

Quote:
And the EU is contributing and NO, we are not broke.
$34 trillion and counting. Meanwhile my idiot governor in California has bankrupted this state and looks like a sham of its old self.

We can kiss your fear mongering and economical knowledge goodbye.

PS - My taxes as a middle income Californian being killed by our psycho communist state, Trump helped my taxes. You love fairytales it seems, like Democrats are not for the oligarchs and corporations. Hint, most of them are all far leftists in your pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 08:23 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anytime the tax cuts are mentioned as though it is spending, that person appears to be very naïve by echoing talking points.

And what war crime would come to America?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You are correct about the tax issue, but wrong about the war.

On the other hand, if USSR wants to attack NATO, I tend to agree with Trump.
If NATO isn't willing to do their part, why should we help them?
What do you mean I am wrong? I asked a question. How can I be wrong when I am asking a question?

Old 02-17-2024, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well I can guarantee you that if we don't send Ukraine any money had better be prepared when Russia invades Poland which is exactly what will happen. And the EU is contributing and NO, we are not broke. We would be in better shape if Trump hadn't given the billionaires and corporations a big wet kiss in his 2017 Tax ACT.
Just trying to help you with correct information...

Probably fruitless on my part - but whatever.

IRS data proves Trump tax cuts benefited middle, working-class Americans most

Income data published by the IRS clearly show that on average all income brackets benefited substantially from the Republicans' tax reform law, with the biggest beneficiaries being working and middle-income filers, not the top 1 percent, as so many Democrats have argued.

A careful analysis of the IRS tax data, one that includes the effects of tax credits and other reforms to the tax code, shows that filers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $15,000 to $50,000 enjoyed an average tax cut of 16 percent to 26 percent in 2018, the first year Republicans' Tax Cuts and Jobs Act went into effect and the most recent year for which data is available.

Filers who earned $50,000 to $100,000 received a tax break of about 15 percent to 17 percent, and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 in adjusted gross income saw their personal income taxes cut by around 11 percent to 13 percent.

By comparison, no income group with an AGI of at least $500,000 received an average tax cut exceeding 9 percent, and the average tax cut for brackets starting at $1 million was less than 6 percent. (For more detailed data, see my table published here.)

That means most middle-income and working-class earners enjoyed a tax cut that was at least double the size of tax cuts received by households earning $1 million or more.

What's more, IRS data shows earners in higher income brackets contributed a bigger slice of the total income tax revenue pie following the passage of the tax reform law than they had in the previous year.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:40 AM

137 posts, read 64,519 times
Quote:
Just trying to help you with correct information...

Probably fruitless on my part - but whatever.

IRS data proves Trump tax cuts benefited middle, working-class Americans most

Income data published by the IRS clearly show that on average all income brackets benefited substantially from the Republicans' tax reform law, with the biggest beneficiaries being working and middle-income filers, not the top 1 percent, as so many Democrats have argued.

A careful analysis of the IRS tax data, one that includes the effects of tax credits and other reforms to the tax code, shows that filers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $15,000 to $50,000 enjoyed an average tax cut of 16 percent to 26 percent in 2018, the first year Republicans' Tax Cuts and Jobs Act went into effect and the most recent year for which data is available.

Filers who earned $50,000 to $100,000 received a tax break of about 15 percent to 17 percent, and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 in adjusted gross income saw their personal income taxes cut by around 11 percent to 13 percent.

By comparison, no income group with an AGI of at least $500,000 received an average tax cut exceeding 9 percent, and the average tax cut for brackets starting at $1 million was less than 6 percent. (For more detailed data, see my table published here.)

That means most middle-income and working-class earners enjoyed a tax cut that was at least double the size of tax cuts received by households earning $1 million or more.

What's more, IRS data shows earners in higher income brackets contributed a bigger slice of the total income tax revenue pie following the passage of the tax reform law than they had in the previous year.
It’s like talking to a wall, they’re ideologues (brainwashed) who don’t care about facts and reinvent them on the whim. Democrats support the oligarchs and 1%, but pretend are fighting for the middle class as they vote the most oppressive and privileged politicians into office.

Last edited by Wrv2424; 02-17-2024 at 10:00 AM..

Old 02-17-2024, 09:44 AM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So you’re ok with letting this horrible war come to America and be fought by Americans?
I am just grateful that the Ukrainians are pushing back against Russia.
Quote:
And what war crime would come to America?
Quote:
... but wrong about the war.
Quote:
What do you mean I am wrong? I asked a question. How can I be wrong when I am asking a question?
OK, I made a classical mistake.
I assumed you were asking a rhetorical question.
(I will assume, for now, the word "crime" was in error, since it seems to have come out of nowhere.)

There is only one war.

If you want details, and have some time to read it, I will send you a link to my (booklet length) article, explaining what is happening.

Old 02-17-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrv2424 View Post
It’s like talking to a wall, they’re ideologues (brainwashed) who don’t care about facts and reinvent them on the whim. Democrats support the oligarchs and 1%, but pretend are fighting for the middle class as they vote the most oppressive and privileged politicians into office.
That is accurate.

Old 02-17-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
OK, I made a classical mistake.
I assumed you were asking a rhetorical question.
(I will assume, for now, the word "crime" was in error, since it seems to have come out of nowhere.)

There is only one war.

If you want details, and have some time to read it, I will send you a link to my (booklet length) article, explaining what is happening.
Yes - crime was in error.

Russia seems to be claiming this is some centuries long territorial dispute. They may go after Poland down the road.

I'm not seeing America in that equation.

We got issues with the multi-national, anti-American brigade that Biden is allowing in the borders. Who can be concerned w/ Russia?

Old 02-17-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yes - crime was in error.
Russia seems to be claiming this is some centuries long territorial dispute. They may go after Poland down the road.
I'm not seeing America in that equation.
We got issues with the multi-national, anti-American brigade that Biden is allowing in the borders. Who can be concerned w/ Russia?
Back in '94 (?) when the Ukrainians allowed all nuclear weapons to be removed from their land, we (and others) agreed to insure they remained secure. This is how the world sees it, whether you see it that way or not.

As for the territorial dispute, there is some truth to that. The Eastern part of Ukraine (not sure how much) belonged to Russia until WW1. Kiev was once Russia's capital (1854?).

Putin is trying to retake all of the former Russian Empire (this differs, somewhat, from the USSR).

But, if we allow Russia to have Eastern Ukraine, Russia will not stop with Ukraine. They will go forward with Putin's goal, until they achieve it. And we would appear weak, for allowing it.

Weakness invites aggression. Always.

The crime (and I use that, deliberately) wasn't in backing Ukraine.
In fact, however, there were two crimes.

The first was encouraging Russia into attacking Ukraine. In fact, luring them, since it was a planned move, to lure them into a trap. That was a crime.

The second was in not, immediately, ramping up production of ammunition to match, or nearly match the quantity sent to Ukraine (and now, to Israel). And that was the second crime.

Old 02-17-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:
There is only one war.

You are simply looking at two (of at least five) fronts, to that war.

Old 02-17-2024, 12:20 PM

Quote:
There is only one war.

You are simply looking at two (of at least five) fronts, to that war.
Well - that's true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media