Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 03:07 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's not about Putin here, it's about lives. Russia has demands that can be met without further bloodshed and a lot of Ukrainian people wouldn't mind that but NATO's involvement here is basically using Ukrainian lives to help us proxy fight Russia. The bloodshed on both sides is all due to US involvement here. Ukraine is losing a lot of men regardless how the west thinks they are keeping Russia at bay. It's because we're supplying them with lots of artillery with our printed money. This bloodshed could be avoided rather than use money and weapons of mass destruction. It's just reprehensible how so many people would rather have war than peace. Of course, no Americans are losing sleep over lost lives.

I think Russia and China will want revenge against us in the next world war because of our involvement.
What demands? You mean appeasement? Give back the land they unlawfully invaded?
I hear the ghost of Neville Chamberlain beckoning….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 03:51 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,296,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Have to wonder what Trump has on Vance. To go from being a never Trumper who called him America's Hitler to being publicly embarrassed by him while receiving his endorsement and now running interference for him.
I think it's called "Peter Theil's money"

Vance is a fraud. When it was chic to throw hillbillies under the bus, he pretended to be one (he's not, his parents and grandparents have a claim) to have enough street cred to bash the culture, write a "eulogy" for a people and culture not yet dead. Got some headlines and pats on the back for it.

Then when the GOP became dominated by, well the types of people Vance threw under the bus, he quickly changed his rhetoric and became a MAGA dude, and a 1/2 witted one at that.

It's obvious he's faking, overcompensating with his rhetoric, again just a complete fraud of a human being using political division, dark money, and name recognition from his garbage book to underperform his way to a Senate seat.

Old 02-14-2024, 05:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's not about Putin here, it's about lives. Russia has demands that can be met without further bloodshed and a lot of Ukrainian people wouldn't mind that but NATO's involvement here is basically using Ukrainian lives to help us proxy fight Russia. The bloodshed on both sides is all due to US involvement here. Ukraine is losing a lot of men regardless how the west thinks they are keeping Russia at bay. It's because we're supplying them with lots of artillery with our printed money. This bloodshed could be avoided rather than use money and weapons of mass destruction. It's just reprehensible how so many people would rather have war than peace. Of course, no Americans are losing sleep over lost lives.

I think Russia and China will want revenge against us in the next world war because of our involvement.

IF we're going to sit back and let psychopaths like Putin dictate the world order we've already lost that next war.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:33 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
If a bill has been created that says:

"If the next president tries to stop this funding, he gets impeached."

Then everyone who created that bill -- particularly SleazySchumer and Mitch "Frozen" McConnell -- are benefitting from the grift.

There is absolutely no reason to be funding this war to the amount we are when our own southern border is wide open.

Old 02-15-2024, 06:46 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'm okay w/ some drifting over if it makes sense...recurring expenses like SS spending, since its so predictable.

I'm against one administration spending $100B more we dont have on new things, or wars, when the prior admin's time is 80% gone.

Handcuffing incoming admins is wrong, but since its dems doing it right now its okay...wait until the situation's reversed.

The new incoming admin should be able to reserse all of that kind of spending.

I pray that the Republicans win back the White House and Senate, and hold the House so we can restore order to our finances.
The fiscal year runs from September to October, there is no way around it unless the world stops for elections. So the funding would expire in September 2025, 9 months into the next term.

I was just making the point that the tax cuts were in place years carrying over into Biden's full term. Vance's claim that a president holding up this funding in the next term to accomplish a peace agreement might subject the president to impeachment is complete nonsense.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:49 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
If a bill has been created that says:

"If the next president tries to stop this funding, he gets impeached."

Then everyone who created that bill -- particularly SleazySchumer and Mitch "Frozen" McConnell -- are benefitting from the grift.

There is absolutely no reason to be funding this war to the amount we are when our own southern border is wide open.
It doesn't.

But the job of the executive branch is to carry out the legislation written by the legislative branch.

Old 02-15-2024, 07:59 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
So you’re ok with letting this horrible war come to America and be fought by Americans?
I am just grateful that the Ukrainians are pushing back against Russia.
If we’re so broke why did the Republicans push through trillions of dollars in tax breaks for the rich?
Anytime the tax cuts are mentioned as though it is spending, that person appears to be very naïve by echoing talking points.

And what war crime would come to America?

Old 02-16-2024, 04:14 PM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
So you’re ok with letting this horrible war come to America and be fought by Americans?
I am just grateful that the Ukrainians are pushing back against Russia.
If we’re so broke why did the Republicans push through trillions of dollars in tax breaks for the rich?
Quote:
What demands? You mean appeasement? Give back the land they unlawfully invaded?
I hear the ghost of Neville Chamberlain beckoning….
While I agree with you about the war and, in fact, there is only one war ...
You are dead wrong about the trillions of dollars in tax breaks for the rich talking point.
Unless you think I am rich, living on a G.I. Joe pension.

Old 02-16-2024, 04:17 PM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anytime the tax cuts are mentioned as though it is spending, that person appears to be very naïve by echoing talking points.

And what war crime would come to America?
You are correct about the tax issue, but wrong about the war.

On the other hand, if USSR wants to attack NATO, I tend to agree with Trump.
If NATO isn't willing to do their part, why should we help them?

Old 02-16-2024, 05:16 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I heard JD Vance on the radio explain why he is against it, and I agree.

It forces spending to continue through 2026, which woul be 1/2 of the way through Trump's final term if he were to win.

I dont believe today's Congress should be able to spend $ that far out into the future for a war like this one that the EU should be funding..not us...we're broke.

If Trump tried to stop the funding to Ukraine, the Dems may try to impeach Trump yet again.

JD's right...no to this bill funding Ukraine's war well into 2026...no way.
Well I can guarantee you that if we don't send Ukraine any money had better be prepared when Russia invades Poland which is exactly what will happen. And the EU is contributing and NO, we are not broke. We would be in better shape if Trump hadn't given the billionaires and corporations a big wet kiss in his 2017 Tax ACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media