Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 7,169 times

Advertisements

London is worlds most important city the capital of the world where everyone rich celebrity lives in the most visited city in the world why not New York. America not Britain is most famous country in the world .

However the most famous city is London.What Makes this city so desirable to others even on Bollywood they had a song set in the London bride tower bridge as they dancing their I guess cause we colnized India so they more about the Uk but in somewhere like China or Philippines ,South Korea , Japan America is more well known .

London is not even the biggest city in Europe Istanbul is I know it is not fully in Europe home of Byzantine and ithe and Ottoman empire . it is one most visted cities in the world however it is tourist place not a financial city . The biggest city in the world as well having biggest economy of any city is Tokyo which is holding this year's olympics why London why not Tokyo there loads others I could name Dubai , Shanghai ,Bejing , Los Angeles Berlin , Moscow Paris, Hong Kong , Las Vegas , Sydney , Seoul ,Rome Barcelona. But they will never come close to London never why can't New York compete with London

I guess cause as I said London is the more important city America has a million other important cities we only have one London.

On songs hear about London you will hear Chicago , San Francisco and Washington Dc as well New York but a British artist will only sing about London

However sometimes it can feel like the Uk is not relevant apart from London the rest of the country has no attractions like if I'm bored in the school holidays going on trip to the country is the boring not same as America where it is far more dangerous and exciting where you explore so much and plus their landscapes are way better.

I know I'm going on but still I want to know what you think about London as whole and about being capital the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 01:00 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Dont be daft, London is not the 'capital of the world' and the US is not 'the most famous country in the world' either! How can any country be 'more famous' than any other and where exactly did you read that London is the worlds capital?

Old 08-04-2021, 01:50 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,241 times
It´s not, the world capital has always been New York City.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:56 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,353,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
It´s not, the world capital has always been New York City.
I don't think it was in 1243 A.D., so not always.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 7,169 times
America is new country so yeah it has not around for so long such as in 1243 A .D Athens was the capital of the world named after the Greek goddess Athena but we still hear about Greece cause of the migration crisis.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:28 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
London is the capital of the world?

hmm... news to me.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:02 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,353,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens4ever90 View Post
America is new country so yeah it has not around for so long such as in 1243 A .D Athens was the capital of the world named after the Greek goddess Athena but we still hear about Greece cause of the migration crisis.
I think you need to read up on some history. What on earth are they teaching you in your school?

Old 08-04-2021, 03:06 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens4ever90 View Post
London is worlds most important city the capital of the world where everyone rich celebrity lives in the most visited city in the world why not New York. America not Britain is most famous country in the world .

However the most famous city is London.What Makes this city so desirable to others even on Bollywood they had a song set in the London bride tower bridge as they dancing their I guess cause we colnized India so they more about the Uk but in somewhere like China or Philippines ,South Korea , Japan America is more well known .

London is not even the biggest city in Europe Istanbul is I know it is not fully in Europe home of Byzantine and ithe and Ottoman empire . it is one most visted cities in the world however it is tourist place not a financial city . The biggest city in the world as well having biggest economy of any city is Tokyo which is holding this year's olympics why London why not Tokyo there loads others I could name Dubai , Shanghai ,Bejing , Los Angeles Berlin , Moscow Paris, Hong Kong , Las Vegas , Sydney , Seoul ,Rome Barcelona. But they will never come close to London never why can't New York compete with London

I guess cause as I said London is the more important city America has a million other important cities we only have one London.

On songs hear about London you will hear Chicago , San Francisco and Washington Dc as well New York but a British artist will only sing about London

However sometimes it can feel like the Uk is not relevant apart from London the rest of the country has no attractions like if I'm bored in the school holidays going on trip to the country is the boring not same as America where it is far more dangerous and exciting where you explore so much and plus their landscapes are way better.

I know I'm going on but still I want to know what you think about London as whole and about being capital the world.
You need to listen to a wider variety of music, there are plenty of songs set in other parts of the UK. Ferry cross the Mersey....Scarborough Fair etc.
AFAIK, the world doesn't have a capital. so pick your own

Old 08-04-2021, 03:29 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
OP: how many accounts do you have?

Old 08-04-2021, 04:06 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Why is London the capital of the world and not somewhere else? Because it just is. That's all there is to it.

And America is NOT the most famous country in the world. It just thinks it is.

London is the hub of England and England is the center of the universe.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London