Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 06:00 AM

297 posts, read 244,379 times

Advertisements

Why is the level of crime so high in Little Rock, a capital city, including violent crime. How much of this is black against white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 08:18 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
It's the same type of situation you see in large cities all across the country.

I don't know that racially-motivated violent crime is of any significance one way or the other in Little Rock.
Most of it is gang-related, or random punks doing random things.

If anything, being a capital city is a hindrance there: not enough focus is put on local issues. "Local" media often has a broader, state-wide slant.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:15 PM

83 posts, read 174,050 times
I will say that for the record, LRPD said that among ALL of last year's homicides, only ONE was a random act of violence. In all other cases, there were connections between the perpetrator and victim.

Old 05-25-2023, 03:09 AM

Default but if you look at the city data graph on LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
It's the same type of situation you see in large cities all across the country.

I don't know that racially-motivated violent crime is of any significance one way or the other in Little Rock.
Most of it is gang-related, or random punks doing random things.

If anything, being a capital city is a hindrance there: not enough focus is put on local issues. "Local" media often has a broader, state-wide slant.
you will see it's almost of the chart, very bad for a city of it's size. the gab website i frequent has videos of a ton of black against white crime, no real connection between the perps and the victims except for race.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:03 PM

83 posts, read 174,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveareeno5 View Post
the gab website i frequent has videos of a ton of black against white crime, no real connection between the perps and the victims except for race.
If you're talking about Little Rock homicides specifically, that comment is objectively untrue. See my comment above.

Old 06-17-2023, 10:10 AM

471 posts, read 825,144 times
Little Rock, along with the rest of Arkansas has one of the nation's highest crime rates. In 2019 Arkansas had the highest meth use in the nation.

Having worked in law enforcement in Arkansas, I will say that its people are some of the friendliest anywhere. And this includes the crime world. Arkansas has some of the friendliest thugs around. It's cultural. Ditto the black population. In my experience the black population in Arkansas has much less racial animosity towards whites than in most other places. Although I didn't work in the Little Rock area, I would say that you're quite safe if you avoid the obvious high crime areas.

Old 06-20-2023, 12:54 AM

Default To clarify..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335i View Post
If you're talking about Little Rock homicides specifically, that comment is objectively untrue. See my comment above.
I was talking about the city data crime clock for Little Rock, like a clock with forced broken hands off the scale. Higher than many it's size or larger.

Old 06-20-2023, 01:22 AM

Default thanks for that additional confirmatory info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
Little Rock, along with the rest of Arkansas has one of the nation's highest crime rates. In 2019 Arkansas had the highest meth use in the nation.

Having worked in law enforcement in Arkansas, I will say that its people are some of the friendliest anywhere. And this includes the crime world. Arkansas has some of the friendliest thugs around. It's cultural. Ditto the black population. In my experience the black population in Arkansas has much less racial animosity towards whites than in most other places. Although I didn't work in the Little Rock area, I would say that you're quite safe if you avoid the obvious high crime areas.
Gee friendly until they shoot your or stab you, huh?

What you say I guess is true for most cities if you stay in safe neighborhoods. But if you're a newcomer now always easy to know where it's safe or not. So I guess the criminals are not bigots, they don't care much if ur white or black? As long as you look like you have money and are on their turf? Haha.

Old 06-21-2023, 09:43 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
I'm not sure what the metrics are for how the website figures crime data, but here's my feet-on-the-ground idea of crime in Little Rock compared to cities I have lived in or currently live in (I'm in Little Rock).

Let's take the biggest city in New Mexico, Albuquerque. Crime is off the charts there. Good neighborhoods, bad neighborhoods, it doesn't matter, it's a very dangerous city. Period.

Tucson. I spent 2+ years there during the COVID lock downs. It has its dangerous areas, but overall the crime in nowhere near the level in Albuquergue. Has a fair amount of road rage incidents (shootings), very little armed robberies. Lots of safe areas like the college area and mid town. I felt a lot safer there than Abq, but trouble could be had in the bad areas for sure.

Little Rock. It really depends on where you are. There's very little road rage, not that many armed robberies, and almost all the shootings are between people who know each other. Either a drug deal gone bad, nightclub altercation, or domestic violence. I feel safer here than in the previous 2 cities, but that's because of the area I live in and travel in. It's the South, which means a large Black population, and since they tend to be the poorest for many different reasons, their neighborhoods are where a fair amount of the crime is.

Little Rock is also a capital city, and historically they tend to be poorly financed and poorly run. The big politicians don't live here, they just work here, so it's not their turf. Washington D.C. is the perfect example of that. I lived there around 25 years ago and it was pretty scary.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:02 AM

Default thanks much for that personal

take on your experiences. For privacy reasons I must reply to you in PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area