Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 AM

4,705 posts, read 25,291,381 times

Advertisements

NO, I don't live in Tellico Village. This is the first I have heard of the lawsuit.

Last edited by Beretta; 11-23-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM

10 posts, read 36,094 times
Default lawsuit

Don't know what all the legalgalities are and don't really care.I am thinking of buying here and want to know how this will affect the owners, has the assessements gone up or are they going up.
Thanks Jimbo

Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo409 View Post
Don't know what all the legalgalities are and don't really care.I am thinking of buying here and want to know how this will affect the owners, has the assessements gone up or are they going up.
Thanks Jimbo
Wow. It's all relative. The legalities are important to anyone that lives there and may very well have an impact in one way or the other. Obviously by the answers that have been thoughtfully posted for you, there isn't a lot of knowledge or information for you here. You should contact a real estate professional, whether realtor or attorney, for the information you seek.

Best of luck on your home purchase.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:15 PM

419 posts, read 656,292 times
Default tellico village loudon

Hi,

One thing that we do know is we want to retire to an active community so we can make friends easier and have lots of things to do if we want. Where we want to settle is an unknown. We are looking at Tennessee first and then SC, NC.

I did search and there is some posts on here about Tellico village but it seems they are from long ago.

Would love some recent info on those who have moved to Tellico village especially coming from the West - we are in Seattle. One thing that does concern us is the pollution in the air and if it really is dangerous. The way I look at it as one can get cancer know matter where they live so it is not that big of a concern for me; hubby looks at it differently.

We have considered Del Webb in Mount Juliet near Nashville it being an over 55 community. I think we would be happier in Eastern Tn near the mountains. Hubby is a motorcycle rider and loves to go on rides (not on a Harley however - don't hold that against him). So, that area seems ideal for that. Medical services are a big concern. Wondering how good the medical is there. I know in Nashville they have Vanderbuilt.

Would love to hear your experience.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,291,381 times
I don't think you really need to worry about air pollution in Tellico Village. There is a fair amount of radon there, so you will want to have it tested when you buy a home, especially if it has a basement.
By the way, a radon mitigation system is not that expensive to install, and eliminates the radon quite well. They also lower humidity.

There is not a lot close to or in Tellico Village (shopping), but its a half hour or less drive to lots of shopping and hospitals, etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,746,390 times
We just moved to Tellico Village from Northern California 2 months ago. We LOVE IT. There is so much to do here. And most of the people in the village are transplants from other area so it's easy to make friends with your neighbors and people in your particular hobbies/sports. I think the air pollution in Knoxville is a bit over-hyped. It is also not widespread like it is in Los Angeles. While Knoxville itself has high pollution, 2 nearby counties were just touted to have the lowest in the state, so it varies widely within a small area. I have not noticed any air pollution problems in the TV area. The village, as people here refer to it, is not so much a village in the traditional sense, but rather a large and semi-rural sub-division strung along the shores of Tellico Lake. The lake is a fairly constant level and is not drawn down in the fall and winter like other lakes in the area. The village also has 3 semi-private 18 hole golf courses, a beautiful fitness center with indoor pool and every fitness thing you can imagine, many tennis courts are located in areas throughout the village. There is a dog park, a picnic pavilion, a yacht club and several marinas and boat launches. There are clubs for every type of enthusiast from quilting to motorcycle riding. We are very near to the Smokies, about 45 minutes or so. We are within 15 minutes of two small towns, Loudon and Lenoir City, which have the usual stores like Walmart and Home Depot. Turkey Creek and Farragut are about 20 minutes away and they have every type of restaurant and large store you can name. The roads here are great for motorcycling. They are uncrowded, beautiful, bucolic scenery at every turn. There are several world famous motorcycle routes very nearby, the Tail of the Dragon (hwy 129 over the mountains), and the Cherohala skyway, also the Moonshiner hwy. You really need to visit to see what it's like. TV is not an age restricted community and it is not gated. There are MOSTLY retirees and 55+ folks here, but not exclusively. It is also not cookie cutter homes like Del Webb communities. There are all sizes and designs of homes, ranging from zero to 20 years old, from 1200 to over 6000 sq ft, from the low 200's to over 2 million. Some are lakefront with docks, some are golf front, some are tucked into the surrounding woods. Go to the Tellico Village POA website and check it out.

North Carolina was also on our list, but we crossed it off after checking it out. The mountain community home prices were not much better than Nor Cal and the taxes were no big bargain either. Tennessee has super low taxes, good home prices, good energy prices, and amazingly friendly people.

eta: feel free to PM me if you have any questions you don't want to post to the whole forum.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I think the air pollution in Knoxville is a bit over-hyped. It is also not widespread like it is in Los Angeles. While Knoxville itself has high pollution, 2 nearby counties were just touted to have the lowest in the state, so it varies widely within a small area.
That's because Knoxville is in a valley and sits between major crossroads. One good rain and it drastically drops. It's also far more prevalent in the summer when we actual can get health warnings. I've never seen those beyond summer, though. Like stated, it is no where near the level of LA or other large, smog-filled communities.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM

4,598 posts, read 6,352,889 times
In choosing a retirement destination, I would not overlook the following:

Here is a web site to look at the different tax aspects of all states: How does your state compare ?.

Here is a weather site to compare areas with your preferences: Weatherbase

Here is a state by state business climate ranking: CNBC ranking

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Tennessee is dead last for tax burden, compared to all other states.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 PM

34 posts, read 42,484 times
My wife and I bought our home in 2011. It's a wonderful place to meet new friends and enjoy the amenities that Tellico offers. If you wish to use a gym or play a few rounds of golf, use the indoor or outdoor pool, Tennis, what ever, you pay as you go. Small fees for the use of the things that you want to do. There are no mandated fees that you must pay even if you don't use the facilities offered.
Everyone waves to each other on the road and I think we all giggle , knowing we've all found that 'little bit of heaven' in Tellico Village. We're all there to escape the hustle & bustle of traffic jams, high utility bills, outrageous property taxes and enjoy The Good Life! Tellico is really a 'USER FRIENDLY' area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville