Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Normally not my type of stock since I live 20 years in the past and the only high tech device I own is an Apple Ipod. But I did buy some shares of NVDA several weeks ago thanks to some really good investigative work that was done by a friend..... and am quite pleased with the performance so far. 4 for 1 stock split on the way..... might be time to add more NVDA then.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 05:27 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,427,522 times
I think graphics cards saw a huge boost from covid with people at home and younger people using their stimulus money to play video games. They’re also used for bitcoin mining and so it rose as that rose.

These trends are all coming down, so I’d suspect the company will level off and not have the type of huge gains. It’s stock more than tripled the last 2 years. I’d suspect getting in now is a little late to the party.

And after the stock rises another 400%, we can bookmark this and look back at how much of an idiot I am.

Old 06-22-2021, 06:17 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
NVDA has a great future long term. Everything is going to require more and more powerful chips in the future especially when it comes to AI and NVDA makes the best ones.

What people don’t understand about stocks that go up must come down. Stocks that have gone up 10,000% hit new highs constantly. A stock has to hit new highs to get that kind of performance. NVDA isn’t some small cap speculative stock that barely has any sales. It’s a fundamental power house and poised to be an even bigger player in the future.

Old 06-22-2021, 06:44 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,395,706 times
NVDA will have more upside when it acquires ARM. There has been doubts about it because of the UK blocking the deal. However Huang has basically said he has come to an agreement with the UK to keep the jobs in the UK. That was their worry and NVDA+ARM will generate far more jobs than ARM alone. If this acquisition happens NVDA is the world’s foremost chip company. There isn’t a close second. I am thinking it can reach $1,000 if that deal closes in the not too distant future. I think one day NVDA will be the most important American company.

I have been pounding the table on this stock for the last 200 or 300 points. I expect it to actually dip after the split. I read that a majority of the time stocks that s[split actually decline in the near term. The run up normally occurs as people chase before the split.

I still love the stock and it is a core holding for me. This is one I hold and not trade. The TAM in the future is just absolutely bonkers. As you can tell I can’t say enough good enough things about NVDA. Ther guy running it is a pure genius. Catch up on who Jensen Huang is and see if that sways you.

An honorable mention if you like NVDA would be AMD is acquiring Xilinx and is also run by a genius Lisa Su.

I own meaningful positions in both companies.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:43 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Hoping it dips so I can get some more.

Probably the first suggestion where beergeek doesn’t look like a dinosaur.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:55 AM

454 posts, read 198,114 times
Nothing insightful to add except that chips are core to almost everything we do and if that remains true in the future then a leading chip designer should be valuable. I own nvda, amd and mu for a few years now and will continue to hold them. They are core to my portfolio.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

Probably the first suggestion where beergeek doesn’t look like a dinosaur.
Ha ha.... gotta change with the times, right?

Old 06-22-2021, 10:00 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I can't think of a stock I like more than NVDA right now.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:54 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You and me both. The upcoming split will give more an opportunity to get into the stock. This is one of stronger stocks in my account. And when it dips, if it's doable, I'll buy more. Love the product. Love the company. Love the future of this company.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:10 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
I bought some NVDA back in December and it's been a nice ride up lately. I'm much more of a fan of the old school tech like NVDA, AAPL, MSFT, INTC..steady growth, reliable, profitable...sometimes even a small dividend thrown in.

If this dips after the split, I'll be scooping up some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing