Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 10:28 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,103,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I don't think hobos have trash cans, do they?
Yes, the government provides trash cans (dumpsters) and often porta-potties, but hobos tend to throw their trash on the ground and do their business outside the porta-potty on the ground or sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 02:28 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
The people across the street from me are what are called red-necks with money. They leave their trash cans out in the street for days on end. We refer to them as the "hillbillies", but that is probably an insult to the Clampits.

Bottom line is that you can't fix stupid..or arrogant. We have covenants which they disregard in many ways: loud cars, motorcycles, boats, stinking fires ( i think they burn old wet pallets), junk trucks, fireworks, barking dogs...the whole gamut. Now they are tearing up the woodlot and building on another 2400 square feet...for...you guessed it...more cars and boats and motorcycles.

We gnash our teeth and wait for him to be killed on a motorcycle, and her, the gold digger, to flee the neighborhood and go flash her/his money somewhere else.

Hey, it could happen...

Old 01-25-2023, 02:26 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,123,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
The people across the street from me are what are called red-necks with money. They leave their trash cans out in the street for days on end. We refer to them as the "hillbillies", but that is probably an insult to the Clampits.

Bottom line is that you can't fix stupid..or arrogant. We have covenants which they disregard in many ways: loud cars, motorcycles, boats, stinking fires ( i think they burn old wet pallets), junk trucks, fireworks, barking dogs...the whole gamut. Now they are tearing up the woodlot and building on another 2400 square feet...for...you guessed it...more cars and boats and motorcycles.

We gnash our teeth and wait for him to be killed on a motorcycle, and her, the gold digger, to flee the neighborhood and go flash her/his money somewhere else.

Hey, it could happen...

^^^^^
Spike strips.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:50 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
^^^^^
Spike strips.
Uh- you can't lay a set on your neighbor's place and get away with it, and you sure don't want to lay a set on your own property.
Ain't nobody gonna allow you to set them out on the public road.

But they might be good to keep rednecks out of your trees though, if they can be nailed to tree trunks.

I'm quite prompt to haul my garbage can back to my driveway when the weather is warmer and the driveway isn't covered with snow and ice.

But today, it's been really cold (5º this morning). And my driveway has lots of ice and snow on it, and I haven't had any reason to go outside today except to go fetch the can.

So there it sits. Halfway up a snow berm and halfway on the sidewalk. It's in no one's way, because all the local pedestrians are walking in the street now until the weather warms up enough to melt the sidewalks.

I won't let the can stay out that long, but it might be tomorrow before I finally go out and get it. Or the next day, if tomorrow turns windy.

I think this is the wrong time of year to be discussing the issue.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:38 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,123,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Uh- you can't lay a set on your neighbor's place and get away with it, and you sure don't want to lay a set on your own property.
Ain't nobody gonna allow you to set them out on the public road.

But they might be good to keep rednecks out of your trees though, if they can be nailed to tree trunks.

I'm quite prompt to haul my garbage can back to my driveway when the weather is warmer and the driveway isn't covered with snow and ice.

But today, it's been really cold (5º this morning). And my driveway has lots of ice and snow on it, and I haven't had any reason to go outside today except to go fetch the can.

So there it sits. Halfway up a snow berm and halfway on the sidewalk. It's in no one's way, because all the local pedestrians are walking in the street now until the weather warms up enough to melt the sidewalks.

I won't let the can stay out that long, but it might be tomorrow before I finally go out and get it. Or the next day, if tomorrow turns windy.

I think this is the wrong time of year to be discussing the issue.

Yes, it depends on your snow removal (private and public, I guess). I had a bug snowfall in my neck of the woods through the night and have a snow guy come clear my driveway. I still have a lot of shoveling to do around the house though. But yes, in winter, I set the garbage bin and recycling (same day, once every two weeks) one in the driveway, the other on what was once the lawn, lol. Otherwise, I block my way in and out and my sons’ two cars.

I once had a neighbour who took our smaller recycling bins a couple of times, and I couldn’t find them, although suspected it was him. My older son who was nineteen at the time rang his house and walked right in and got the bin from the backyard, and came out. Kind of scared the neighbour’s wife. Lol.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:42 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,010,152 times
My question is, So what? You may not like it but its on their lawn. How does it hurt you in anyway?

Old 01-26-2023, 02:32 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,348,584 times
My can is on public sidewalk, but the sidewalk stays passible when the can is out. Almost always, anyway- winter weather tends to mess with that the most often, but I have a high school very near by. Kids are kids...

Old 01-28-2023, 06:42 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Hey, it could happen...
So, is there a HOA you can report these violations to? Or have you and they are doing nothing to help solve the problem?

The part about waiting for him to be killed on a motorcycle....really? That's sick, joking or not.

Old 06-04-2023, 08:43 AM

39 posts, read 34,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
99% are renters. Complain to their LL or prop mgr
It's since been resolved. I contacted someone at the tf city website, and someone came down and left a note on their door with official city letterhead. They never left it out again. They were definitely renters. I don't think they are still there, though. New folks, more renters and these new nabes bring in their can.

The bin itself didn't bother me. This is not the best looking street. It's just the mailperson's job is tough enough ( even if they don't walk and just drive ). I didn't like to see her inconvenienced with the bin in the way.

Old 06-05-2023, 11:40 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,760,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsmusicpizza View Post
It's since been resolved...
Thank you for the update.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls