Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 10:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Today I am working on planters and flower beds. This is leading up to my re-do of the entry way and front door in our new house. I bought the paint for the front door (but since we're going to replace the hardware I haven't painted it yet)- a deep teal blue. I'll post a picture of before and during and after in my other thread "The renovations and decorating have begun!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:42 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
Deep cleaning, I've got house company coming in later this week. Not much fun, I'd rather have a good project!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Deep cleaning, I've got house company coming in later this week. Not much fun, I'd rather have a good project!
It is so satisfying, though. its nice get everything sparkled up and the fragrance of furniture polish in the air.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is so satisfying, though. its nice get everything sparkled up and the fragrance of furniture polish in the air.
You got that right! I am about to go on a deep cleaning binge myself right this minute. I love the way a clean house sparkles and smells so fresh.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 AM

I like how these two planters turned out (one on either side of my front door):

My back yard and patio are a real challenge because there are TOO MANY TREES OUT THERE and until we get a real plan going for landscaping that back yard, I just have to make do with what we have. So here's the patio - this is actually a "before" picture because trust me - a year from now this back yard and patio will not look like this AT ALL. But I did manage to clean it up and organize it a bit yesterday.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times
Just one cushion cover and the roller blind still to make for the guest room, getting there slowly. A little more slowly since I fell on Sunday and fractured 2 ribs *ouch*, taking things slowly this week hopefully I'll be up and running again next week

Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times
Another project took an unexpected turn, I found an ikea picture frame at a thrift store for $5 (1st pic) it had some water damage so I took it apart realized that the photos are actually printed on the back piece which was damaged so I made a new back and printed photos to put in it.
This is where the fun started, I masked the 'etched' glass so I could paint the frame white, looks great .... took the masking tape off and disaster !!! the etching was actually a plastic film on the front of the glass so now I'm left with this (2nd pic)

The fix for this is to use a blade and clean the rest of the etching off and re-do it with frosted spray paint. I'll post pics when the project is completed.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-frame.png   What are you working on now?-imag0626.jpg  

Old 07-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Another project took an unexpected turn, I found an ikea picture frame at a thrift store for $5 (1st pic) it had some water damage so I took it apart realized that the photos are actually printed on the back piece which was damaged so I made a new back and printed photos to put in it.
This is where the fun started, I masked the 'etched' glass so I could paint the frame white, looks great .... took the masking tape off and disaster !!! the etching was actually a plastic film on the front of the glass so now I'm left with this (2nd pic)

The fix for this is to use a blade and clean the rest of the etching off and re-do it with frosted spray paint. I'll post pics when the project is completed.
Good times, good times! Feel better soon, by the way.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:54 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Well the other day I started taking down some of the ugly wall paper the previous owner put up in the bathroom. Some came down easily---other parts need some work. I thought they might have put it up to cover up awful walls but the walls aren't that bad---just needs a little work around the window.

Met with the first contractor and because I had a flat tire, I missed him. But my husband didn't really care for him. He made suggestions that neither of us cared for and made it seem like his suggestions would be better. Such as:

-Recommending (repeatedly) a shower door. (I really don't like shower doors at all.)
-Recommending we bring the ceiling in the bathroom down and make the tile go to the ceiling. I already live in a tiny apartment and you want me to feel more enclosed in my very tiny bathroom?
-Recommending that we put some type of full-length mirror and telling my husband I would want one, because how else would I get ready/dressed? And even after my husband, who knows me pretty well, tells him that I wouldn't want a mirror in the bathroom (aside from over the sink) he tells him that he thinks I would.
-Wants to set-up some type of garbage chute to toss stuff out of the apartment---yes, hello we live on the second floor and we have people below us with outdoor patios.

So I am still working on finding a contractor.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:49 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
...-Recommending (repeatedly) a shower door. (I really don't like shower doors at all.)...
I've been making plans to remodel my master bathroom. It's a good sized bathroom, but I'm still thinking of having no shower door. The only kind that I would consider is a clear glass door, which I think looks really good, but I don't want to have to squeegee after every shower. I have the rainfall glass right now, and it's hard enough to keep clean, so the clear glass would be murder with our water.

So yeah, ditch him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating