Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 09:26 PM

1,361 posts, read 990,279 times

Advertisements

OMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLlesthDoo

This is horrible. Freak accident... why do players not wear a scarf of sorts around their neck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 05:57 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post

This is horrible. Freak accident... why do players not wear a scarf of sorts around their neck?
A skate blade would cut through a scarf.

Kids coming up through the system were full face cages and neck protectors.
I fail to see why they abandon that safety equipment when they make the pros.

Old 10-30-2023, 02:58 PM

55 posts, read 41,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
OMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLlesthDoo

It was a dirty play from a player with history of dirty play. It was the most disgusting act of disregard for fellow players I have ever seen on an ice rink of any level.

Old 11-01-2023, 06:32 AM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho Relaxo View Post
It was a dirty play from a player with history of dirty play. It was the most disgusting act of disregard for fellow players I have ever seen on an ice rink of any level.
The this was an accident is the biggest crock of **** said. It was intentional and glad police are involved now. The kick receiver is from my state and my buddy probably knew him.

Old 11-01-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The this was an accident is the biggest crock of **** said. It was intentional and glad police are involved now. The kick receiver is from my state and my buddy probably knew him.
Yes. I was just up there in Hibbing a couple weeks ago. Petgrave led that league in PM and has been ejected from a few games. Also heard he was kicked out the ECHL. He's a goon and a thug and should be barred from pro hockey forever.

Old 11-01-2023, 03:14 PM

While I would never say he wanted to kill him, he absolutely threw his legs at him in a maneuver that was grossly negligent and the results are a young man dead who had his entire life ahead of him.

I do not know how anyone could watch that grizzly video and come to any other conclusion other than it was deliberate. He was not "clipped" like some claim.

Old 11-01-2023, 04:14 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Intentional act and should be tried and convicted to set an example. Should be banned from professional hockey for life even if he isn’t convicted.

Old 11-01-2023, 04:58 PM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
RIP - Adam Johnson and thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

A lot of those involved in the sport are now stating that this seemed to be intentional.

Matt Petgrave ‘absolutely intended' clash with Adam Johnson in ice hockey death, says ex-NHL star - The Telegraph (31st October 2023)

Old 11-01-2023, 06:19 PM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
It was the most disgusting act of disregard for fellow players I have ever seen on an ice rink of any level.
It was an assault.

Old 11-01-2023, 07:41 PM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
While I would never say he wanted to kill him, he absolutely threw his legs at him in a maneuver that was grossly negligent and the results are a young man dead who had his entire life ahead of him.

I do not know how anyone could watch that grizzly video and come to any other conclusion other than it was deliberate. He was not "clipped" like some claim.
Yep, the twitter video saw was in slower motion and every hockey friend agreed who I showed it to that it was intentional. I also read he had been thrown out of recent games for harassing refs, plus basically had more penalty minutes than whole league combined.

I wonder if Johnson did anything prior to cause the kick…if so, I hope English laws play a bigger role… he’s not dealing with USA or Canadian laws there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey