Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 01:54 PM

711 posts, read 960,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
My guess is wadejay26 is a Flyers fan. Of course he is going to whine about the Penguins.
Incorrect
LGR!!!
And I didn’t whine about the Penguins. Only about how Cindy used to be. He has matured and now takes a hit without complaining.
Only thing worse than a Flyer is a Flyer fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 03:11 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Incorrect
LGR!!!
And I didn’t whine about the Penguins. Only about how Cindy used to be. He has matured and now takes a hit without complaining.
Only thing worse than a Flyer is a Flyer fan.
Thank goodness. My apology. And agree with your points. Crosby was a diva and a diver when he came into the league, and this is coming from a Penguins fan.

I don't really have a rooting interest per se. Anyone EXCEPT Boston. I'd be fine with the Rangers winning it all. Just beat the *rap out of Boston, please.

Old 05-13-2024, 07:24 AM

17,593 posts, read 15,742,231 times
Quote:
Thank goodness. My apology. And agree with your points. Crosby was a diva and a diver when he came into the league, and this is coming from a Penguins fan.

I don't really have a rooting interest per se. Anyone EXCEPT Boston. I'd be fine with the Rangers winning it all. Just beat the *rap out of Boston, please.
I remember when my team had to face Crosby during my teen years at a particular large tournament. We lost 10-1. He had 10 points lol.

Anyway ditto on the Boston thing. Although I’ll add the Oilers to that. As long as the Oilers and Bruins are out, I’m happy with the remaining teams.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:12 AM

1,596 posts, read 905,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I remember when my team had to face Crosby during my teen years at a particular large tournament. We lost 10-1. He had 10 points lol.

Anyway ditto on the Boston thing. Although I’ll add the Oilers to that. As long as the Oilers and Bruins are out, I’m happy with the remaining teams.
You don't like Oilers.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:13 PM

17,593 posts, read 15,742,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
You don't like Oilers.
For reasons I cannot quite put my finger on, as much as I admire and appreciate Connor's talent, I just don't want them to win. So yea, you could say I really don't like them.

At this rate, they're going to give this guy a heart attack or something anyway. He's played 28 and 29 minutes respectively in his last two games. And his game relies on bursts of speed. Surely they don't expect him to keep skating up and down the ice at 22mph while playing half games?

Old 05-16-2024, 05:11 PM

^I think the problem with Edmonton is they don't have reliable defense. Their defense is offense by scoring a ton of goals.

Old 05-16-2024, 07:23 PM
JRR

8,235 posts, read 5,743,701 times
It will be interesting to see how the Canucks react from the start after the words from the coach after game four and the subsequent line changes. They sure seemed to be sleepwalking through the first two periods on Tuesday.

Old 05-16-2024, 10:05 PM

17,729 posts, read 15,496,971 times
Someone with more playoff history knowledge than I maybe can give an answer here.

So far, only ONE series has been a sweep. Rangers over the Caps.. Which I quasi called.

But.. One swept series through the first two rounds? That's.. pretty low, right? Usually 2 or 3 of the first round series wind up being sweeps.. Or.. Does it just seem that way to me?

Old 05-17-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Someone with more playoff history knowledge than I maybe can give an answer here.

So far, only ONE series has been a sweep. Rangers over the Caps.. Which I quasi called.

But.. One swept series through the first two rounds? That's.. pretty low, right? Usually 2 or 3 of the first round series wind up being sweeps.. Or.. Does it just seem that way to me?
Solid observation. I think part of it has to do with parity in the league. There has been more parity in recent seasons where you don't see utter domination. For instance, there have been postseasons where the President's trophy team went out early - see Boston last year.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:46 AM

17,729 posts, read 15,496,971 times
Quote:
Solid observation. I think part of it has to do with parity in the league. There has been more parity in recent seasons where you don't see utter domination. For instance, there have been postseasons where the President's trophy team went out early - see Boston last year.

Same thing happened to the Caps back in '15 or so.

I'll give you the parity argument.. and the fact that.. It's actually pretty hard to win 4 in a row, period.

Just feels that this year, at least the first round, was more competitive than normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey