Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 11:52 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Biotin broke my face out really bad
How long did you take it for before it made you break out? Did the acne go away when you stopped?

Everyone's body is different though. I took biotin for a few months and I didn't experience any side effects but it also didn't do anything for my hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 06:44 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,045,572 times
I've used Nioxin shampoo for years. It really makes my hair look fuller.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:46 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Every time I see the Viviscal commercial now I think of Jada Pinkett Smith. Is Viviscal effective for propecia?

Old 05-15-2022, 06:47 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
Nexxus is a good brand,use $5 coupon

Old 05-25-2022, 02:38 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
I used the Aveeno products for years for decent moderately price hair care. My hair type is 1b.

It was feeling like time for a change and I've just bought a bottle each of their refreshing and thickening shampoo and conditioner. I'll let you know how they work for me when I use them next.

Says it's scented with rosemary, cucumber and peppermint. Maybe summer-y?

Old 05-27-2022, 02:25 PM

788 posts, read 1,740,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've used Nioxin shampoo for years. It really makes my hair look fuller.
That's what a beautician recommended to me for my fine hair, going to try it

Old 05-27-2022, 06:19 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Kerastase Densifique shampoo and conditioner have hyaluronic acid that traps moisture beneath the cuticle of the hair, plumping up individual hair strands for more volume and body.

They also have a hair serum that I began using when I was losing hair like crazy and developing a receding hairline. I've used it for about a year now and although overall my hair is still thinner than I'd like, the balding areas now have about 6" of new growth. Unlike Rogaine, you won't lose the hair when you stop using it.

Not cheap, but these products have worked for me. https://www.kerastase-usa.com/collec...-hair-set.html

Old 05-28-2022, 10:01 AM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
How long did you take it for before it made you break out? Did the acne go away when you stopped?

Everyone's body is different though. I took biotin for a few months and I didn't experience any side effects but it also didn't do anything for my hair.
It happened really fast and went away when I stopped taking it.

Old 06-11-2022, 02:10 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
I've tested my new Aveeno products.

The pros:

It smelled good when I was using it.
My hair felt very clean and lightweight when it was dry.
My hair looked shiny
It had really good detangling properties, combed out smoothly.

A possible con:

It gave me fullness and body but no more so than other products I've used.

I am going to continue to use it.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:07 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Update: I ended up getting her the Viviscal supplements and the black castor oil shampoo and conditioner from Maple Holistics. I've never used them but I routinely massage Jamaican black castor oil on my scalp before shampooing and it has really thickened my hair. I took a before pic of her scalp. I'll see if it helps her at all in a few months.
Just got the Jamaican Black Castor Oil from Amazon today. Looking forward to trying it! Next I'm going to try the castor oil shampoo and conditioner. I love the B7 biotin shampoo but it doesn't seem to do the trick about my scalp. Great for my hair though. It's been growing like a weed but because of stress and lots of house heat it is showing signs of thinning.

How long do you leave the black castor oil on your scalp? For an hour, a few hours, overnight... ?

Edit: Bummer the castor shampoo and conditioner at Maple Holistics is currently sold out. The shampoo is available but I'd like to try both and it saves money by buying them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care