Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:31 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03 View Post
Great thread.

I saw in a FB group a plan for (finally) The Presidio development off of Heritage Trace and 35 which included a WinCo grocery. Was kind of exited about that. Between them and Buc-ees I'm a happy camper. Only thing (still!) missing is a classic HEB store.
You have a link or something?

Please, feel free to add ANYTHING, because I know there's more going on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 PM

54 posts, read 109,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You have a link or something?

Please, feel free to add ANYTHING, because I know there's more going on here.
great thread ... jjg you've got your finger on the pulse on all the cool stuff that's happening. yes please post a link to the development at presidio junction. i know that target swapped some land and the're planning a super store there and i lowe's own's some land there

Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc View Post
great thread ... jjg you've got your finger on the pulse on all the cool stuff that's happening. yes please post a link to the development at presidio junction. i know that target swapped some land and the're planning a super store there and i lowe's own's some land there
Thanks. Someone has to.

And I actually found it.

Commercial

- "Presidio Junction"
U.S. 287 & 35W junction, Alliance Area
Mixed use project that has some existing apartments already.

View Map here: Presidio Junction: Dallas - Fort Worth: Residential Retail Office Hotel Entertainment: Meeting Real Needs for Real People

Old 07-28-2014, 08:47 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,406 times
Since it is actually moving forward (ie. road work being done), I guess I might as well add:

Walsh Ranch

Description: The Walsh Companies has master planned, designed and will implement a quality mixed-use community on 7,275 ± acres in Tarrant and Parker Counties, Texas. The community incorporates state-of-the-art planning techniques, creating a strong sense of place that will be a sustainable asset to the City of Fort Worth, the Region, and the State.

Image:
Additional image:

7,275 ± Acres
11.4 square miles
1,698.5 acres in Tarrant County
5,576.5 acres in Parker County
Property annexed for limited purpose within the City of Forth Worth
Property is 3.6 miles across from east to west; property is 6.8 miles from north to south
Over 7 miles of Interstate frontage along I-30, and I-20
Property surrounds intersection of I-20 with I-30

Walsh Ranch - introduction

Other links:
Fort Worth Walsh Ranch Development Could Be Home For 50,000 | The Buyer's Choice Blog
The Fort Worth Chamberletter » Walsh Ranch
Walsh Ranch interchange set for 2015 finish » Aledo ExtrA » Weatherford Democrat
Medical facilities planned for Walsh Ranch development | TrinityCountry.com

Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 PM

Mixed-Use

- "Stop Six: Cavile Place"
Cavile Place, Eastside
Mixed Use projects part of Fort Worth's Urban Village program (which saw the rebirth of West 7th and rebuilding of Near South) which would include new housing, office, and retail which is much, MUCH needed for that part of town.
Should take several years to come into full completion.

Quote:
Fort Worth took the first step toward a $112 million plan to transform the aging Cavile Place housing project and surrounding neighborhood in Stop Six, with the City Council voting unanimously July 22 to adopt it into the city’s comprehensive plan.
Cavile Place was built in 1954, named after a black educator named J.A. Cavile.

Officials estimate it will take 10-15 years to implement the plan. It includes razing the 300-unit housing project, rebuilding 225 units in a modern complex on the site and redistributing the rest in the surrounding neighborhoods, building a community garden as a central gathering spot, improving East Rosedale Street for hoped-for retail and other commercial uses, and heightening the focus on education and job training.

The plan includes property acquisitions contemplated at $13.1 million of the overall project budget. About 45 percent of the land in the neighborhood is vacant, the plan says.

The 400-acre redevelopment zone is bounded by railroad tracks north of East Rosedale Street, Stalcup Road on the east, Ramey Avenue on the south, and Edgewood Terrace and Lloyd Avenue on the west.

Key features of the plan:

• Transform vacant property into community gardens and farmers’ market, along the Dunbar creek/drainage channel from Calumet Street southeast to Ramey Avenue. Besides creating a central spot, the garden could create job possibilities including marketing and selling the produce and could increase the retail-starved neighborhoods’ access to fresh produce. The creek would help irrigate the gardens.

• Stress the importance of school to the neighborhoods. “The scholastic achievement of these students weighs heavily on how much funding we get,” Bivens said. A Tarrant County College “opportunity center” is one possibility, Bivens said. The plan also calls for expanding transportation services to the schools during bad weather.

• Create a neighborhood job training and business incubator that would focus on training and placement programs in culinary arts, agriculture and other jobs related to the community garden concept. Create a small-business development program related to community gardens.

• Demolish the 300-unit, “barracks-like” Cavile Place and replace it with 300 new public housing units, including 225 in the Cavile neighborhood. The remaining 75 units would be “outside the Cavile Place neighborhood on sites to be determined,” the plan says. The 300 units would be demolished and replaced in phases of 112, 88 and 100. A proposed 150 new units, including public housing and affordable and market rate rentals, would be built on the Cavile site. The plan calls for “blocks immediately adjacent to the Cavile Place site [to] be purchased and assembled for new housing development. Total development proposed on these blocks, the plan says, would be 293 residential units.

• Create an East Rosedale “gateway.” The blocks on the south side of East Rosedale at South Tierney Road are “significant gateway sites” that should include mixed-use buildings with commercial uses on the ground floor and apartments above. The plan calls for 53 rental units on these blocks.

• Build single-family houses on infill lots. The plan calls for 193 single-family houses on existing vacant infill lots. The houses should be mixed-income, Bivens says. She plans to approach “high-end” builders to gauge their interest in building homes that would accommodate, for example, pastors of the many churches in the district and Southeast Fort Worth. And she wants to use existing incentive programs to encourage police officers, firefighters and other public employees to buy into the neighborhoods.

• Improve Fort Worth T routes. Current bus routes are inconvenient to portions of the neighborhoods, creating what Bivens says one person with whom she’s consulted calls “barriers to employment.” Some of the streets in the neighborhoods will also need to be improved to allow bus access, she said.
Read more at http://fwbusinesspress.com/fwbp/arti...ral-years.aspx

Old 07-31-2014, 10:28 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
Since it is actually moving forward (ie. road work being done), I guess I might as well add:

Walsh Ranch

Description: The Walsh Companies has master planned, designed and will implement a quality mixed-use community on 7,275 ± acres in Tarrant and Parker Counties, Texas. The community incorporates state-of-the-art planning techniques, creating a strong sense of place that will be a sustainable asset to the City of Fort Worth, the Region, and the State.

Image:
Additional image:

7,275 ± Acres
11.4 square miles
1,698.5 acres in Tarrant County
5,576.5 acres in Parker County
Property annexed for limited purpose within the City of Forth Worth
Property is 3.6 miles across from east to west; property is 6.8 miles from north to south
Over 7 miles of Interstate frontage along I-30, and I-20
Property surrounds intersection of I-20 with I-30

Walsh Ranch - introduction

Other links:
Fort Worth Walsh Ranch Development Could Be Home For 50,000 | The Buyer's Choice Blog
The Fort Worth Chamberletter » Walsh Ranch
Walsh Ranch interchange set for 2015 finish » Aledo ExtrA » Weatherford Democrat
Medical facilities planned for Walsh Ranch development | TrinityCountry.com
Interesting, Fort Worth expanding westward into Parker County.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Mixed-Use

- "Stop Six: Cavile Place"
Cavile Place, Eastside
Mixed Use projects part of Fort Worth's Urban Village program (which saw the rebirth of West 7th and rebuilding of Near South) which would include new housing, office, and retail which is much, MUCH needed for that part of town.
Should take several years to come into full completion.

Yes, to this development. This is much needed for historic Stop 6 area.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:50 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Yes, to this development. This is much needed for historic Stop 6 area.
I don't know who in their right mind that has any money that would move to that area. Worst area of Fort Worth in terms of violence and crime.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
I don't know who in their right mind that has any money that would move to that area. Worst area of Fort Worth in terms of violence and crime.
And there's no reason to try and IMPROVE it?

The reason for this development is to turn Stop Six around. Just like Sundance Square when, before the mid-90s, was not a place you'd want to be after 5pm...

Old 08-05-2014, 03:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,355,399 times
Except caville is surrounded by more and more ghettos. It won't work. Your not getting the bass family to live over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth