Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 10:44 AM

13,029 posts, read 9,555,821 times

Advertisements

I've only been to the local one a couple to times, but I like their pizzas. I don't remember the specific type, but I believe it has a fried crust of some type. Doesn't sound good, but it is. I may drop by there again next time I'm in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 10:46 AM

13,029 posts, read 9,555,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I forgot about those! Much better quality than Reese's, IMO.
It's impossible for anything to taste better than a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:17 AM

43,717 posts, read 44,480,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kung Pao Chicken and Roquefort cheese at a very reasonable price as well as a good wine selection..
Is the Kung Pao Chicken very spicy and salty? I have been thinking of trying it but have been hesitant to do so.

I like the TJ frozen blueberries and their plain goat cheese. I also find their individual plain nonfat Greek yogurts good.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:19 AM

37,652 posts, read 46,067,796 times
My complete list would be way too long, but here are a few.

Nuts. Great prices and excellent selection
Pasta sauce, pasta. Good and inexpensive.
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Almond croissants
Frozen hashbrowns (I hate when I run out of these!)
Tandoori Naan
Mini samosas (so so good)
Cookie butter (I can't buy this anymore because I can't stay out of it)
Brown Butter Salted Caramel Mini Biscotti (probably the best biscotti I have ever tasted)
Corn puffs (white cheddar or sour cream and onion - both are fabulous)
Triple Ginger cookies (another thing I don't buy anymore because they are TOO good)
Frozen beef & broccoli
5 Cheese Greek Spiral (OMG)

Lots more but those are the ones I can think of as all-time faves.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:45 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,667,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
kibbeh

unexpected cheddar
Dang! You beat me to it. We buy several of those "Unexpected Cheddar" when we're in CA. And those round cheese crackers in a long tube, don't know the name. They go perfectly together.

We have a plate of those for a whole meal in front of TV.

It's a real treat for us, coming from way down here. And cheaper than our local supermarket (due to import costs).

Old 04-30-2024, 12:06 PM

22,290 posts, read 19,267,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Trader Joe's Truffle Mousse Pate
Frozen pork gyoza
Fresh flowers weekly (usually stargazer lillies)
Navel oranges
Charlee Bear dog treats

DH goes insane if there aren't any Ghost Pepper potato chips in our house. He gets cranky if I don't buy the Mexican Elote corn chips. His internist blames those two things for his increased blood pressure.
i have tried various chips from trader joes over the years, and every single bag bar none has been stale. i keep trying and it keeps happening.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:08 PM

22,290 posts, read 19,267,501 times
oh and i love the vanilla almond granola at Trader Joe's yummy.

(can't eat it anymore, off wheat completely now, but still it was a favorite for many years )

Old 04-30-2024, 12:28 PM

12,530 posts, read 9,615,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I've only been to the local one a couple to times, but I like their pizzas. I don't remember the specific type, but I believe it has a fried crust of some type. Doesn't sound good, but it is. I may drop by there again next time I'm in the area.
Not everything Trader Joe's makes is good, but probably 3/4 is (IMO), which is a very good hit rate.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:34 PM

37,652 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i have tried various chips from trader joes over the years, and every single bag bar none has been stale. i keep trying and it keeps happening.
Not sure what you mean there...

Old 04-30-2024, 02:02 PM

23,356 posts, read 18,943,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
TJ's Dark Chocolate Mint Creams. Sometimes you can find them on Amazon, but IME they don't ship too well except in winter. They arrive melted into a lump. Gnawing away at that lump is messy!

Haven't been to a TJ in person in years. The stores I shopped at used to offer one brand of really good fresh baked Tandoori Naan bread.
Forgot a more recent discovery: TJ's Peppermint Hot Chocolate mix. Seems to be a seasonal/holiday item. The instructions suggest mixing with hot milk, but I try to save a step and calories (yeah, who am I trying to kid? ) and use hot water. Still great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink