Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 01:12 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

YorktownGal, thank you for posting the above news.

Prayers and thoughts of healing going up for Kate.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 02:13 PM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
She and her family are in our prayers. Hopefully the vultures are happy now.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:37 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
She and her family are in our prayers. Hopefully the vultures are happy now.
exactly some are just sheep following the trash given to them by the media dictators..

Old 03-23-2024, 06:17 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Default Princess of Wales Announces Cancer Diagnosis

I haven's participated in such threads as Kate's disappearance from public duties had become the source of a lot of often malicious rumours and controversy.

In recent weeks I have seen all kinds of nonsense from both the MSM and in relation to social media, and hopefully this statement from Kate that is being broadcast across the globe can now not put an end to a lot of this unfounded and often cruel speculation.

I wish the Princess of Wales all the best in relation to her treatment and wish her a speedy and full recovery.

In a video message released on Friday, Catherine spoke of how her condition was discovered after she underwent major abdominal surgery in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jE1j_KOZk

Kate cancer diagnosis rewrites story of past weeks - BBC News (24th March 2024)

Cancer charities praise ‘brave’ Princess of Wales for speaking about her diagnosis - The Guardian (24th March 2024)

King Charles hails Kate's courage after cancer news - BBC News (23rd March 2024)

Catherine, Princess of Wales: I am having treatment for cancer - The Telegraph (23rd March 2024)

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-23-2024 at 07:25 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 03:49 PM

7,320 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Quote:
Meghan Markle Announces Netflix Show About How Hard It’s Been Dealing With Kate Middleton’s Cancer Diagnosis

LOS ANGELES — Meghan Markle announced this morning that she would be releasing a new show on Netflix to reveal the terrible difficulties she has faced dealing with Kate Middleton's cancer diagnosis.

"I've had to deal with so, so much because of her having cancer. In many ways, it's been way harder on me than on Kate," explained Markle, wiping tears from her eyes. "Kate gets so much sympathy because she's white and has cancer. I feel like I'm just living in her shadow, forgotten. Why does the internet not spend its days thinking of wild conspiracy theories about me, Meghan? Do you know how hard it is to have people thinking she's dead and not me? It's so painful
https://babylonbee.com/news/meghan-m...ncer-diagnosis

Old 03-23-2024, 06:01 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times
Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

snipped
Sorry! I just threw up. Must be indigestion.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Sorry! I just threw up. Must be indigestion.
Sorry, I couldn't resist either, the following needs to be said for the benefit of those who don't know better.

I hope you both realize that babylon bee is a malicious satire website, it isn't a legitimate news site. The story you posted is not a real news story, it's just satirical fiction like everything else that babylon bee publishes.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't know that it's a satire website and believe all of its' stories are true.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Meghan and Harry but I think that babylon bee posting garbage lies like the above story is just plain damned vicious and it's totally uncalled for anyone to be spreading it around to gullible people who won't know that it's all fictional satire.

Last edited by Zoisite; 03-23-2024 at 08:33 PM..

Old 03-23-2024, 08:57 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
I think the Babylon Bee is really, really funny. This particular article is maybe a tad over the line, but their satire is usually spot on.

It would be too bad if no one could write satire because "some people" won't get it.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:30 AM

7,320 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Sorry, I couldn't resist either, the following needs to be said for the benefit of those who don't know better.

I hope you both realize that babylon bee is a malicious satire website, it isn't a legitimate news site. The story you posted is not a real news story, it's just satirical fiction like everything else that babylon bee publishes.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't know that it's a satire website and believe all of its' stories are true.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Meghan and Harry but I think that babylon bee posting garbage lies like the above story is just plain damned vicious and it's totally uncalled for anyone to be spreading it around to gullible people who won't know that it's all fictional satire.

Babylon Bee is well known in the USA as satire website just the "The Onion." Although, Twitter banned it for awhile over its "fake" news. Generally, most US citizens know what it's about.

The US newspaper had tons of stories last week on how Meghan was using Kate's "absence" to launch a remake of herself so this "fake" news story definitely hit a nerve in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe