Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 09:59 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I'm not sure what the issue is. Why wouldn't a celebrity photo posted online for promotional purposes be edited? They're all edited.
Of course all photos are edited - double chins are erased, pores are airbrushed, teeth are whitened. Those photos aren't going to get killed by the AP.

There's a reason why the palace comms team deliberately used the term "edited" because it obscures what is actually the problem. The appropriate term is "manipulated." The photo does not depict a real event, and pretty obviously so for that matter. And any real parts to the image were not taken last week as claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 07:05 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,118,283 times
Unless she is sooooooo haggard, worn and gaunt from the surgery, weeks later -- that not even her usual makeup could make her "look like herself"...(and let's face it, she's thin as it is) -- just take a current picture with the kids.

I don't see why they felt the need to fake a picture.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:58 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Somebody felt the need to contradict the gloomy but blurry picture of her in the car with her mother. Dark glasses, dark clothing, both staring straight ahead. They both looked depressed.
That photo was banned in the UK. Whoever stitched the fake picture together overdid it when there was no need to do anything. People would have been satisfied just to see a long distance photo of her, maybe in a chair, just relaxing and recovering.
To make up for that fiasco, the firm? allowed a picture of her in a car with William. Too bad you can only see the back of her head. What is she trying to hide? Some say plastic surgery

There's a whole rumor mill going which was not helped by William pulling out of a memorial service where he was supposed to make a speech. Who's running the ship over there anyway? The ship is in danger of sinking.

Old 03-15-2024, 11:40 PM

61,655 posts, read 87,023,434 times
She definitely doesn't need the speculations the photo has caused.
The mistrust is here and now every photo that comes from The Royals will be scrutinized.

https://www.etonline.com/kate-middle...leading-221675

https://www.today.com/popculture/kat...rsy-rcna142849

Old 03-16-2024, 02:24 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
I think they should all stop releasing any photos to the press. The only reason that photo of her and the kids was released was because there was public pressure on Kate to show herself and demonstrate that she's okay and alive, and what did she get for it? A stupid witch hunt, recriminations, accusations and complaints about photo editing from ingrates about a blurry cardigan sleeve, that's what. And no thank you from anyone for her effort to ease the minds and demands of the public to let them know that she's okay. Just complaints. So what's the point of even trying?

So they all should just stop releasing family photos to the public. It's not as though the press and lots of other people won't be taking pictures of them anyway when they're out in public and at events that they have to attend.

The Royals should also take a page out of Queen Elizabeth's book and do what she did. All of them should stay private and keep their mouthes shut about their personal states of health or their hospital visits. They should know better by now because all it does is lead to speculations and conspiracy theories and complaints from the press and an ungrateful public. It's nobody else's business what kind of surgery Kate had or what kind of cancer Charles is being treated for.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think they should all stop releasing any photos to the press.
They can't. Royal Family uses photography to shape their public image, to bring public awareness to important issues. Each member of the Royal Family uses social media to give updates on their charities and patronages as well as a means to share more personal moments.
They are dependent on public support and positive image is very important to them, as they are taxpayer-funded "public property."
The public needs to see them as good people, relevant to society, hardworking, selfless, charitable, a strong and model family.
The media is central to the monarchy's survival.

And when they get some negative press (Royalty has always attracted gossip, rumor and conspiracy theories) their usual attitude is to never complain and never explain. Media and people have short memory. They will get over it and move on.
However, this incident with edited picture fueled public speculation and damaged the monarchy's trustworthiness. They will have to work hard to restore public trust in the monarchy. They owe it to the public to be transparent about the images they use to promote themselves.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:26 AM

Yup, like l said - now every Royal photo will get examined

Photo of late Queen Elizabeth and great-grandkids altered, photo agency says.

The photo agency is now reviewing all handout images from the palace.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...queen-victoria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7148193

Old 03-21-2024, 12:51 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Just wish the lady well... I couldnt put up with all the criticism and stories flying around.... she s never stepped out of line and now over a photo.. the World is falling apart and the media nitpicked this ... sad to have nothing worthwhile to write about... Now they have someone in the hospital where Kate had her operation .. prying into her records... Three people have been suspended for allegedly accessing the Princess of Wales’s medical records while she was undergoing abdominal surgery.

They could potentially face disciplinary action for any breach of data, and may be charged with a criminal offence by the data-protection watchdog and face an unlimited fine if they are found to have unlawfully accessed her records.

Old 03-22-2024, 08:44 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
I find this whole speculation to be distasteful. She needs a rest! Leave her alone!

I hope the hospital workers are disciplined and fired for their attempt to breach medical records. I wouldn't want my records out there! Why should Kate be different?

Old 03-22-2024, 12:17 PM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
BREAKING NEWS Kate reveals she has cancer: Princess of Wales, 42, bravely announces she is battling disease and undergoing 'preventative chemotherapy' - but reassures nation 'I am going to be ok' in highly emotional and unprecedented video message

NEW In a deeply emotional video message, filmed at Windsor on Wednesday, Catherine revealed the news had come as a 'huge shock' and that she and William 'have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family'.

The diagnosis came days after she was seen smiling with Prince William as they left their favourite farm shop close to their Windsor home. Speaking from a bench surrounded by daffodils and spring blossom, she said: 'It has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok. As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.

Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.' Catherine's cancer was discovered only after she underwent major abdominal surgery at The London Clinic in January. Kensington Palace has said it will not be sharing details of what kind of cancer the princess has, or what stage of cancer it is and has asked people not to speculate. It is understood that the King - who is also currently undergoing cancer treatment himself - and the Queen have both been informed of the news.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe