Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will be sworn in as President on January 20th 2025?
Donald Trump 45 52.33%
Joe Biden 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 05:26 PM

6,187 posts, read 5,135,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I assumed Biden wouldn't get as many votes on this poll as most posters here on POC are right wing MAGA's. Kind of shows even many posters who are right wing believe Biden has a good chance of winning for different reasons in their mind. Some say the election is rigged, and others blame Trump who is unable to go beyond his base. This poll wasn't about who you want to vote for it was who you think going to win. You could call this poll more inline with betting odds. I should have framed it that way might have gotten a better response.
I do think Biden is going to win, because elections are run on a state-by-state basis. Of the 6 battleground states, I do think he'll lose GA and AZ, maybe NV too. So he has to hold WI, MI, and PA. That's 270 right there. Of those states, I see MI at highest risk because of the high Arab American demographic and anti-Gaza war sentiment.

There is a common MAGA sentiment that tends to over weight rally size and social media followers. One of their biggest "arguments" against Biden's 81M vote tally in 2020 was, "He barely had a few folks at his rallies" or "He was living in his basement".

Thank God that's not how we elect our leaders.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:03 PM

13,520 posts, read 4,326,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I do think Biden is going to win, .

That's a shock. Joe is @ 39% approval and losing all battleground states but you think he will win. That is some bubble or TDS.

Quote:
yeah We re-elect unpopular Presidents with memory issues @ 39% approval who refuses to do press conferences and can't fill up 1/3 of a place for his speeches. That's how We elected people. LOL

Old 05-05-2024, 07:44 PM

13,345 posts, read 7,368,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I do think Biden is going to win, because elections are run on a state-by-state basis. Of the 6 battleground states, I do think he'll lose GA and AZ, maybe NV too. So he has to hold WI, MI, and PA. That's 270 right there. Of those states, I see MI at highest risk because of the high Arab American demographic and anti-Gaza war sentiment.

There is a common MAGA sentiment that tends to over weight rally size and social media followers. One of their biggest "arguments" against Biden's 81M vote tally in 2020 was, "He barely had a few folks at his rallies" or "He was living in his basement".

I remember the claims made here in 2020 like yard signs are all for Trump, or Trump trains on the highway the boats in the harbors and lakes all for Trump. They couldn't believe it when Trump lost they claimed the election was rigged.

I think Biden is going to win AZ, and GA as well. 2022 elections shows how strong democrats are when Trump has anything to do with the other side of the tickets even when Democrats running a weak candidate.

How is it GA has 2 liberal democrats as senators, but Brian Kemp won for Governor? I can tell you when Trump endorsed someone that person lost because they didn't get the turnout they needed. I can't see why those same voters who were not willing to elect Kari Lake, and Herschel Walker will turn around and vote for the man who endorsed them.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:47 PM

1,153 posts, read 621,518 times
In a fair and honest election, DJT wins, I voted for Biden in this poll. Can’t see DJT being allowed to win. The machine is not going for that. The election is already over, the result has not been released.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:16 PM

1,898 posts, read 858,361 times
joe biden 2

maybe joe need to run for pres of israel, he already telling them what to do

Old 05-05-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I remember the claims made here in 2020 like yard signs are all for Trump, or Trump trains on the highway the boats in the harbors and lakes all for Trump. They couldn't believe it when Trump lost they claimed the election was rigged.

I think Biden is going to win AZ, and GA as well. 2022 elections shows how strong democrats are when Trump has anything to do with the other side of the tickets even when Democrats running a weak candidate.

How is it GA has 2 liberal democrats as senators, but Brian Kemp won for Governor? I can tell you when Trump endorsed someone that person lost because they didn't get the turnout they needed. I can't see why those same voters who were not willing to elect Kari Lake, and Herschel Walker will turn around and vote for the man who endorsed them.

Couldn't you say the same when Democrats lost in 2000 and 2016. They cried and attacked the Supreme Court. They even pushed for war against a nuclear country to blame for the loss because their queen lost.

You think? LOL. If it was up to your wishful thinking, Joe wins by a landslide. Joe has been losing in ALL state polls in Georgia and Arizona for over 2 years and his approval rating is @ 38% and falling in those states but he is going to win them based on your feelings not data or reality. ok.

You ask how Georgia has 2 liberals senators that won by a hair? You really ask that silly question like NO Republican won a state race in a blue state and no democrat ever won a state race in a red state. The answer is LOCAL elections and all are NATIVES from the state and it was a split and the more popular candidates won by hair. Joe Biden is not from Georgia and his politics are not famous in Georgia especially when he has a 38% approval in the state. Without mentioning Trump, name 1 Biden policy that Georgia loves from Biden? Economy, inflation, crime, border, foreign policy, abortions on demand on the federal level? The answer is NONE. Joe is toast in Georgia but here you are predicting a win based on feelings not data.

You only mention the candidates Trump endorsed and lost by a hair but don't mention the candidates Trump endorsed and won, I guess that doesn't fit your narrative. How about the candidates Biden endorsed and lost, you don't mention those.

by the way, Joe is in deep trouble also in Nevada.You act like a President with a 39% approval is a mirage and he can hit the light switch and it''s done.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
joe biden 2

maybe joe need to run for pres of israel, he already telling them what to do

Yeah, Joe is so popular even in Israel that they are listening.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:05 PM

1,144 posts, read 452,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
The answer is only if the opponent is a corrupt, twice impeached felon with similar age & cognitive issues who was already defeated once in a re-election campaign.
You mean twice impeached and found not guilty. You mean accused of being corrupt but never convicted. I don't think he is a felon, but please link the conviction information and I will read it. And, I am one who is pretty dubious about Trump ever being defeated too.

But in the poll I did vote biden, because I think the results will be the same as 2020. I think the election will end with whatever democrat runs being elected after finding whatever massive number of votes they need to come up with in the middle of the night.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I think the election will end with whatever democrat runs being elected after finding whatever massive number of votes they need to come up with in the middle of the night.

It sounds a lot like what happens in Banana Republics. They keep repeating the same old broken record that illegals don't vote but they offer them sanctuary cities, protection, education, rights and a bunch of handouts and I say no politician does that for people that can't vote.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:25 PM

754 posts, read 1,497,673 times
I am putting good bet on Trump being it. Here is why: (and this really has nothing to do with my own personal preferences here, which I will not interject into this) while Trump has the problem PR of the current scandals and trials, his way of spin on it has definitely put him in a better light among a sizable amount of Republicans, and some Independents. Yes, his criminal and civil trials are a PR liability but so far, he has shown he can use it to his relative advantage (playing/or really is the victim of a persecution---take your personal pick). So, he is still very much a viable Republican candidate, as now DeSantis and Haley are out of the race.
As for Biden, he is old and failing mentally. Let's be honest here: how much of the presidential office does he actually preside over? I strongly suspect a lot more help is done behind the scenes to make him appear more put together than he actually is. I have doubts he would even live long enough to finish a second term, let alone retain any semblance of competence.

Over the last 40-odd years, there has been a very reliable pattern of party membership regarding the elected President. Starting with Regan (Republican) in 1980, each newly elected president has alternated between Republican and Democrat, not including two-consecutive term office holders like Clinton, Bush, Jr. and Obama.... if you wish to use that 45-year pattern as a crystal ball, one of two things. Either Trump or Biden, no-one else. But, given the problems this administration has faced (or caused, depending on outlook you want), Biden and Democrats in general are up against some serious issues regarding both the boarder crisis, the migrant/illegal alien humanitarian crisis as well as the campus unrest/Pro-Palestinian/antisemite problem.
None have been dealt with adequately, if at all. That poses a problem, though there are a good many die-hard Democrats that will still vote for what they see as the "lesser of two evils": questionably competent as opposed to, in their eyes, criminal behavior. Yet, many weaker democrats and independents will go for Trump or some third-party throw away vote. I predict Trump will win this election. Even if he is convicted of any of these charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.