Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will you be doing ?
I will be voting for one of two major parties. 45 72.58%
I will be leaving blank. 8 12.90%
I will be voting for 3rd party. 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:09 AM

33,320 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Anyone who does, should be deported!
This isn't Australia. There isn't any penalty for not voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Voting for Trump, best President in our nations history and also anointed by God to be President. We are living in a time of history, and I would love to be part of it.

Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
If one doesn't vote, they shouldn't say a word about nothing. NOTHING.
You're actually saying they should say a word rather than not (you used a double negative).

Old Yesterday, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
All of the above and more.

We used to have a system where our Elected worked together to Make America Great. There was always compromises and concessions to be made by the party that was not in power BUT they still managed to work together. What we have now is the Democrat party is ruling this country and trying to ram every progressive scheme they have down our throats. Take the last Border bill that had more money in it for Ukraine than it did for our own Border plus it allowed up to 5000 "migrants" in per day. How dumb but when the Reps denied it the Left screamed that they didn't want to "close the border" because Trump told them not to.

The way many of us see it is that the Dems are running this country off a cliff and the unorganized constantly bickering Reps are holding on for their dear lives and dear jobs.

We need Trump in 2024 because we cannot handle another 4 years of Lies, Bidenomics, Build Back Better, a WW3 and 10 Million more Illegal Aliens.

The Democrats have divided this country like never before and their end game is keep us divided and squabbling while they usher in a new order. Leaving the ballot blank as a protest is allowing the Dems to continue the dismantling of our Freedoms.

Old Yesterday, 04:44 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,284,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The problem is not that we need to hold the hand of a politician to have him help us figure **** out, we hold their hands to keep them out of our pockets and away from our money.

The biggest threat to this country is the Open Border and Biden is all for it. The Dems are all for it. Biden broke it on day one of his term and he refuses to fix it. Illegal Aliens are costing every State hundreds of millions of dollars. In my state, MA. the admit that the Illegals are costing us $70 Million per month. The actual number may be closer to $100 Million with more of the "migrants" arriving everyday. Where is that money coming from? The answer is tax increases and services to citizens being cut. Okay you don't get welfare but how about the road/ bridge in your town that is being pushed back due to lack of funding? Perhaps the Police and Fire departments can't get new equipment because there is no money? The schools need translators so there will be a proposition 2 1/2 over ride and it goes on and on.

A third party vote may be a protest vote but what chance does that candidate really have? There can be only one choice come Election day and the question is, do you think America is worth saving?
You must be under the impression that I believe Trump was strong on his border policies. He has a clear record we can review and his administration was filled with failures and broken promises when it comes to limiting and enforcing the law on illegal crossings. The Cato institute acrually published a great study on how weak he was. I don’t give a flying ship on who has the better rhetoric on the matter, I’m a numbers person.

Does this mean Biden is any better? Of course not and that is why he should be shipped out as well. Also don’t get me started on inflation and moronic policies when it comes to deficits, over spending and tariffs that both losers support.

I have accepted the fact we are stuck with one of the two at the end of the day and will adjust and go about my business accordingly, but don’t expect me to contribute to the cluster **** with my vote.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish78 View Post
I understand and actually agree with you. But I just utterly despise two main candidates. To me, it would be akin to choosing what type of cancer to get. I know it’s a cliche, but that’s just how I feel.

Another poster suggested that write-in is an option. I didn’t know that.
"Another poster suggested that write-in is an option. I didn’t know that?

Says a lot about your, or LACK OF, knowledge about how our voting system works.

I suggest you do some research BEFORE posting on the issue.

Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
He or she can say whatever they want!

We are not "in the fix we are in" because people don't care. We are in the fix that we are in because the two party system is broken. We have a system that selects otherwise unwinnable candidates and on election day we're forced to choose between an elderly man on the cognitive decline wearing a blue tie and another elderly man on the cognitive decline wearing a red tie. THIS is the reason we are in the fix we are in.
"He or she can say whatever they want"

Never claimed otherwise.

Try reading a little slower next time.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Two points:

First, I have read -- although I don't know if that is true or not, as I don't remember where I read it -- that write-in votes take up a lot of time for those in charge of tallying the votes of each precinct. Although that might not be much of an argument for not writing in names, after the delays in vote counting in 2020, I can understand why a barrage of write-in votes might lead to more questioning/suspicion of the results.

Second, I think that not voting IS expressing an opinion. Having said that, however, I admit that in past election years, I sometimes expressed the opinion "don't complain if you don't vote", but never before have we been forced to choose between an 81-year-old man who frequently has trouble articulating a coherent thought and a man who is now facing so many criminal charges that it is difficult to keep up with all of them.

That being the case, I think people can be excused for not wanting to participate in this election, which is actually a farce, in my opinion.
"

"If you are NOT part of the solution, then you ARE part of the problem", as they say.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
We are still a 2 party system. There is no independent who can win. It will be Biden or Trump.

IMO, we are stuck with the worst candidates from city council to POTUS because not enough of us participate in primaries. By the time the general election rolls around the choices have been made by primary voters. And that's why the nutcases are on the ballot.

This year we have a whole bunch of high level Trump party people who are on video telling us what a nit wit Trump is. But they support him anyway. That tells me they care more for their party than they care for the USA. Voting one's best interest is, IMO, selfish. we are supposed to vote for the country.

Having read Project 2025 the only choice I have is Biden. At least he is not setting up to undo the nation. I suspect the congress will not permit it. But should Trump and the Trump party take the congress America as we know it is done.

Last edited by crone; Yesterday at 08:02 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I doubt I actually will, but it's my sentiment.

Both have obvious age-related cognitive issues. Both are way out of touch with today's times and needed solutions. Neither really represent what common people go through.

We need another option, badly. Biden is better than Trump, but that isn't saying a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections