Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will you be doing ?
I will be voting for one of two major parties. 44 74.58%
I will be leaving blank. 6 10.17%
I will be voting for 3rd party. 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 03:10 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish78 View Post
I understand and actually agree with you. But I just utterly despise two main candidates. To me, it would be akin to choosing what type of cancer to get. I know it’s a cliche, but that’s just how I feel.

Another poster suggested that write-in is an option. I didn’t know that.
It's not just the main candidates, it's the policies they enact and the people they appoint to run the different departments.

Are you happy with the status quo, an administration that has gotten us involved in wars and let immigrants flood the borders and our cities?

Vote them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 03:12 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
I certainly will be leaving the Biden choice blank.

Old 04-17-2024, 03:21 PM

7,237 posts, read 3,776,807 times
lol OP

Old 04-17-2024, 03:37 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I will almost definitely vote for the Libertarian unless the Libertarian candidate is Chase Oliver, in which case I will not vote for anyone for POTUS -- for the first time ever since my first POTUS vote in 1972.
I'm supporting Jacob Hornberger in 2024. He's the closest thing to Ron Paul since... Ron Paul.

I'm curious, though. Why don't you like Chase Oliver?

Old 04-17-2024, 03:45 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
I suspect large number of Arab-American voters who are out to punish Joe B will leave the top of the ticket blank. This will likely cost him WI and MI
https://www.city-data.com/forum/66615188-post38.html

Old 04-17-2024, 03:46 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I'm supporting Jacob Hornberger in 2024. He's the closest thing to Ron Paul since... Ron Paul.

I'm curious, though. Why don't you like Chase Oliver?
He's too young (imo), has almost no political experience, and supports ranked choice voting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Oliver There is no mention of his education, and as for his past background, 13 years in the restaurant business is mentioned, along with the positions as an HR rep and sales account executive. Hardly presidential material, in my opinion.

P.S. Btw, I only mentioned Oliver because he has been in the most primaries this year, although Ballay received almost 22,000 votes in the California primary. I would be happier with either Ballay or Hornberger, although Ballay doesn't seem to hve any real political experience, either, and Hornberger is too old (74) for my liking. (I don't know anything about the other Libertarian candidates.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_L...tial_primaries

Let's face it -- ALL the current candidates for POTUS are horrible (imo). Why there aren't any politically experienced and sane candidates between the ages of 45 and 65 is beyond my understanding.

Last edited by katharsis; 04-17-2024 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-17-2024, 05:04 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I would never leave my vote blank, but this round I will be picking the best 3rd party candidate for my ballot.

I am not afraid of another 4 years of either Biden or Trump, even though I think they both contributed to the mess we are in now, so I wont reward either of these losers for terrible job performance.

My vote will be a protest vote, because at the end of the day, whether it is Biden or Trump I will still find a way to live my life and be successful. Unlike these whiny retards that have to rely on a politician to hold their hand and figure **** out.

The problem is not that we need to hold the hand of a politician to have him help us figure **** out, we hold their hands to keep them out of our pockets and away from our money.

The biggest threat to this country is the Open Border and Biden is all for it. The Dems are all for it. Biden broke it on day one of his term and he refuses to fix it. Illegal Aliens are costing every State hundreds of millions of dollars. In my state, MA. the admit that the Illegals are costing us $70 Million per month. The actual number may be closer to $100 Million with more of the "migrants" arriving everyday. Where is that money coming from? The answer is tax increases and services to citizens being cut. Okay you don't get welfare but how about the road/ bridge in your town that is being pushed back due to lack of funding? Perhaps the Police and Fire departments can't get new equipment because there is no money? The schools need translators so there will be a proposition 2 1/2 over ride and it goes on and on.

A third party vote may be a protest vote but what chance does that candidate really have? There can be only one choice come Election day and the question is, do you think America is worth saving?

Old 04-17-2024, 08:39 PM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I've chosen not to vote in the past when the choice came down to 2 unpleasant candidates (Clinton and Trump in 2016). While I am appalled that either Biden or Trump are their party's nominees this year and would prefer not to vote for either one of them, there is no way we can take another 4 years of Biden. He has been an unequivocal disaster. The damage he's done - and continues to do - may take decades to unwind. As such, I'm voting for Trump. He was a decent President, but his childish antics are growing tiresome. I'll take childish antics over complete incompetence and a relentless anti-American attitude any day of the week. Biden has got to go, even it requires voting for Trump.
Ditto. Well said.

Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
As a Democrat, I'm sitting this one out, and on election day I'm going to dream, dream, dream that we break this country up into 4 or 5 countries, and there'll be 4 or 5 Presidential races to watch.

Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Leaving the ballot blank will actually become a vote for Biden because when the pollsters are tallying the results they will be sure to fill in the spot that you missed and that will be next to Biden.

Love, Loathe or Lump him we all need to vote for Trump. This country cannot take another 4 years of Biden and his Ilk.
You don't.

Who you yourself vote for isn't going to make a material difference.

You live in MA.

Whether you vote for Trump or vote for your cat, Biden is still going to win MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections