Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 12:42 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,948 times

Advertisements

I will be. And I'm a staunch right-leaning libertarian. I've listened to him a lot, and I like what he has to say. As I get older (I'm 40), I'm really starting to get sick of the division in this country. It is tearing us apart.

I suggest you listed to the Lex Friedman and/or Joe Rogan podcast that had RFK Jr as their guest. Incredibly insightful.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:08 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times
No way

Old 04-02-2024, 01:48 PM

5,650 posts, read 6,208,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Probably not, although I’m definitely going for someone not from the major corrupt parties.
+1. I'm currently planning a write-in vote although I haven't decided whose name is going in there yet. If I am going to vote for someone outside the major two parties, the likelihood is that the candidate will not win. So I might as well pick someone I like more than RFK Jr. I am not interested in more conspiracy theorists of any strip in government.

Old 04-02-2024, 05:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
will you vote for RFK Jr.?

No.

I'm voting for the candidate that wants to put America and Americans First, demand respect from our Allies and Enemies once again, end unnecessary foreign wars and put an end to Woke Identity Garbage.

That only describes one man (and it ain't RFK Jr.). Disillusioned Dems will vote for Bobby or one of the other minor candidates (that black guy or the white haired woman - I don't remember their names) which will only hurt Bedpan Joe (who I doubt will be vertical on Election Day).

But everyone should be more concerned about POLICIES not party or personality. I happen to like Trump's policies and always have. I've always considered myself an independent voter who occasionally switches parties to vote in a primary or two over the years in different states. I've voted for candidates in both major parties aka Uniparty.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:21 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That only describes one man (and it ain't RFK Jr.). Disillusioned Dems will vote for Bobby or one of the other minor candidates (that black guy or the white haired woman - I don't remember their names) which will only hurt Bedpan Joe (who I doubt will be vertical on Election Day).

But everyone should be more concerned about POLICIES not party or personality.I happen to like Trump's policies and always have. I've always considered myself an independent voter who occasionally switches parties to vote in a primary or two over the years in different states. I've voted for candidates in both major parties aka Uniparty.
A rationalization for his extreme lack of character.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:29 PM

6,592 posts, read 7,084,533 times
No not a chance

Old 04-02-2024, 07:36 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,266,021 times
Nope. Especially not since he chose a radical Soros sponsored VP. I’m voting for Trump.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:57 PM

1,601 posts, read 865,016 times
I would have seriously considered it if Nikki Haley had won the Republican nomination. With Trump available, he's the only choice.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:28 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,241,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I will be. And I'm a staunch right-leaning libertarian. I've listened to him a lot, and I like what he has to say. As I get older (I'm 40), I'm really starting to get sick of the division in this country. It is tearing us apart.

I suggest you listed to the Lex Friedman and/or Joe Rogan podcast that had RFK Jr as their guest. Incredibly insightful.
RFK Jr. does address issues no one else is talking about. He is very well-versed in foreign affairs and is intelligent. I find his interviews interesting and informative. I do think he could unify people to some degree, and he is attractive to those who are weary of the bipolar whiplash we get with the two current corrupt “parties.” But, I think he turned off his chances of gaining any meaningful following by his VP pick. A voter must consider the ticket as a whole.

VP is not an insignificant role, even though the position itself may lack real responsibilities (compared to POTUS), the VP role accomplishes two tasks. First, it sets up a potential President, should something happen to the sitting one. Secondly, it sets the agenda and tone of the campaign and its ticket. His VP pick is too left-leaning and wacky for many middle-of-the-road voters, and I DO think many were waiting to see who RFK Jr would pick before committing a future vote to his ticket. His VP pick does have bankroll, and I would venture that is why he ultimately settled on her among his other considerations. But ultimately, she does nothing for the ticket. RFK Jr needs to bring in Independents, and that won’t happen with this VP pick.

What WOULD have been interesting is he was seriously considering Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch personality). Even though Rowe is a guest contributor on Fox News, so far as I can tell, he has never verbally declared himself on “one side or the other” and appears somewhat apolitical. We need that. He seems fairly independent minded, doesn’t fall for gotcha questions, is articulate, is a big proponent of the trades and trying to build manufacturing, etc. These are all issues RFK Jr has spoken about. Mike Rowe would have been an interesting addition. And why not a TV personality? He can be no worse than the “career politicians” and other charlatans in DC. Rowe is very involved in programs that get young people into the trades. He is raising awareness that a four-year degree in many cases is a road to debt without a value-added payoff. And this country NEEDS skilled workers in the trades. I think that combination and that messaging would have pulled in Independents and maybe people from either side who are just fed up. But, that didn’t happen, so here we are.

Last edited by cobolt; 04-03-2024 at 09:43 AM..

Old 04-03-2024, 10:49 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,004 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections