Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 09:20 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I am looking for an alternative non-partisan candidate, given how polarized GOP and DEM politicians have become over the past decade. I will likely give RFK a try for a change. I don't think anyone would do worse than another term of Biden...

RFK Jr. argues that Biden is a bigger threat to democracy than Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/01/polit...iew/index.html
All I see with the independent candidates this year is 3 Left wing candidates who are not only competing with each other but with Biden. Ok, RFK Jr. will take a few Republicans but Jill Stein and Cornell West will take primarily take people on the Left.

So they should combine their efforts. That means Cornell West and Jill Stein will have to end their candidacies and support Kennedy, who has the name recognition that is extremely important for Third party candidates. In turn, they could be offered cabinet positions.

Personally, I think Kennedy should have offered Jill Stein the Vice Presidency in exchange for the Green Party's support. If the Green Party ever wants to replace the Democratic Party (which now more than ever has become a vast corrupt political/media machine) as the REAL Progressive Reformist party, they need to think outside the box.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:44 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,645,534 times
RFK Jr? No way.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:44 AM

3,827 posts, read 1,781,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
All I see with the independent candidates this year is 3 Left wing candidates who are not only competing with each other but with Biden. Ok, RFK Jr. will take a few Republicans but Jill Stein and Cornell West will take primarily take people on the Left.

So they should combine their efforts. That means Cornell West and Jill Stein will have to end their candidacies and support Kennedy, who has the name recognition that is extremely important for Third party candidates. In turn, they could be offered cabinet positions.

Personally, I think Kennedy should have offered Jill Stein the Vice Presidency in exchange for the Green Party's support. If the Green Party ever wants to replace the Democratic Party (which now more than ever has become a vast corrupt political/media machine) as the REAL Progressive Reformist party, they need to think outside the box.
I agree that the other 3rd party candidates should sit this one out and support RFK Jr. as an alternative to Biden and Trump.

You mentioned RFK Jr. should have chosen Jill Stein as VP, that's interesting, but I still think choosing Jesse Ventura would have been better because he has political experience.

OP, I am very much considering voting for RFK Jr.

Old 04-02-2024, 02:34 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,299,663 times
First of all we don’t know if RFK Jr will make it on all 50 State ballots.

I have considered filling in an oval for him. But, in my view, he should have poached someone from either branch of the UniParty as VP, but instead he chose a relative unknown who can help finance him. I understand, but still a disappointment.

Moderator cut: off topic/trolling
If the (non)choice were among two UniParty charlatans, say Biden/Haley, then RFK Jr hands down.

And that could still be the case if the puppet masters decide to off Trump once and for all by hook or by crook.

So I hope RFK Jr manages to make it to all 50 State ballots, it would certainly make it more interesting at the least.

Last edited by Ibginnie; Today at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-02-2024, 03:07 AM

10,451 posts, read 4,032,699 times
No, I'm sticking with Trump. RFK Jr talks a good talk, but I just don't think he has what it takes to get things done.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:04 AM

1,386 posts, read 910,368 times
As a Republican, there is no chance in hell I'm voting for either Trump or Biden. I'm not a fan of RFK Jr and his embrace of stupid conspiracy theory, but I may give him a protest vote if his campaign actually gets some momentum. Otherwise, probably whoever is on the Libertarian line. I've voted for Johnson and Jorgenson in the last two elections.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:29 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
No. I actually like Kennedy, and I think it is a good thing his liberal family isn't supporting him. He has no chance of actually winning, and I suspect he knows that.

Moderator cut: off topic

Kennedy is helping get important messages out there. His website was so helpful during the plandemic. I am sure he will remain in the public eye as we go forward, and maybe in time, he may be the person that I vote for, just not this time.

Last edited by Ibginnie; Today at 10:02 AM..

Old 04-02-2024, 09:31 AM

1,196 posts, read 528,803 times
Yes. If you haven't listened yet, listen to the interview with Joe Rogan and RFK Jr. He would be a great president - he actually has a platform of things he would do - unlike Biden or Trump who just do whatever they want with no cancern for what the country needs or constituents want.

RFK Jr. has innovative ideas and would address the important issues like homelessness, drug addiction, infrastructure (which we desperately need). He's smart and not ancient and his wife's cool too (Cheryl Hines).

Old 04-02-2024, 10:19 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
If the Left gets their dream and denies us all our Democracy and Trump is barred from running I would vote for RFK in a minute. I have a history of voting for the underdog that will shake up DC.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:28 AM

5,115 posts, read 4,963,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Yes. If you haven't listened yet, listen to the interview with Joe Rogan and RFK Jr. He would be a great president - he actually has a platform of things he would do - unlike Biden or Trump who just do whatever they want with no cancern for what the country needs or constituents want.

RFK Jr. has innovative ideas and would address the important issues like homelessness, drug addiction, infrastructure (which we desperately need). He's smart and not ancient and his wife's cool too (Cheryl Hines).
I feel RFK would be a uniting leader for the country if he gets the chance to lead; but I don’t think he has the ability to compete against the GOO/DEM party machines/bases.

When was the last time an independent won POTUS in the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections