Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 05:15 AM

23,584 posts, read 17,262,317 times

Advertisements

Trump will choose the right person as opposed to the VP that was bestowed upon Biden by his handlers.

Likely a trustworthy intermediary, could be Pence, might be haley or blackburn or stephanic from NY. Could even be desantis.

CC or Cruz for usag.... this is a critical position required to sweep the DOJ agencies clean! Critical, critical, as critical as a VP.

Name calling to Trump is part of the game, it is not rooted in hate. Used in sports all the time to get an opponent off his game. So pence or desantis might have a shot????

Trump wants the job done, no tolerance for those who do not deliver and given we are talking the highest levels of government, life and death, 4 years to deliver....Trump cannot waste any time coddling an incompetent. Tolerating a slow learner or bumbling fool might work in your bro-in-law's plumbing supply store but not on the stage with china, iran, russia, NK barking at the door!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2023, 02:12 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,472,228 times
He'll probably pick a woman. The writing is on the wall that he would need a "balanced" ticket this time around.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:55 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,992,040 times
I'm surprised to see Tulsi Gabbard's name being thrown out there. Her position on issues was pretty liberal when she ran for president, on abortion for example. May as well advocate for Hillary as VP if Trump wants to go in that direction.

Mike Lee would be a good pick, but I believe he'll select Nikki Haley or another woman hoping to appeal to the female vote.

Old 12-10-2023, 05:55 PM

13,640 posts, read 4,954,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The post you responded to mentioned Tulsi Gabbard as a VP possibility. She was born in American Samoa. That's a US Territory, but I'm not sure she'd be eligible either. From this article, the fact could certainly be an issue in Congress. https://escholarship.org/uc/item/4nn7x5fw

I like her and her ability to speak in an erudite manner, but had assumed she was born in Hawaii until I Googled it.
I’m sorry to hear that; I was hoping she might have a shot at the White House some day. I wonder why her citizenship didn’t come up when she ran in 2020?

Old 12-10-2023, 06:15 PM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I'm surprised to see Tulsi Gabbard's name being thrown out there. Her position on issues was pretty liberal when she ran for president, on abortion for example. May as well advocate for Hillary as VP if Trump wants to go in that direction.

Mike Lee would be a good pick, but I believe he'll select Nikki Haley or another woman hoping to appeal to the female vote.
What would Mike Lee bring to the ticket? Anyone who likes Lee is going to vote for Trump with or without Lee on the ticket.

Old 12-10-2023, 06:35 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,992,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
What would Mike Lee bring to the ticket? Anyone who likes Lee is going to vote for Trump with or without Lee on the ticket.
Mike Lee is a pretty solid conservative and he'd give Trump a credible, experienced, serious minded running mate. Unfortunately, people vote for candidates they believe look the part, as if they could be cast in a Hollywood television series. Which is why I don't believe Trump will consider Ted Cruz as VP, and why Cruz will probably never get elected president. I voted for Cruz during the '16 primaries in Ohio, but it was obvious people were not drawn to him, for whatever reason(s).

Old 12-12-2023, 10:28 AM

1,839 posts, read 679,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post

I don't see him selecting Haley as she is a neocon, but maybe Elise Stefanik. Stefanik's visibility has increased and favorably with the those in the center and the Left that are against antisemitism.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:03 PM

334 posts, read 663,726 times
In an interview with Hannity, Tulsi said she would be very interested in being Trump's VP.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:52 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I’m sorry to hear that; I was hoping she might have a shot at the White House some day. I wonder why her citizenship didn’t come up when she ran in 2020?
If Tulsi had been born in American Samoa to two parents who have that unusual 'American Samoa national rather than citizen' status....or if she had been born in American Samoa to one parent with that unusual status and one U.S. citizen parent, then that other poster's point might be more of an issue.....but she wasn't.

She was born in American Samoa to two U.S. citizen parents who were both U.S. citizens at birth. Her mother was born in Indiana. Her father was born in American Samoa and had U.S. citizenship at birth re his parentage. Tulsi = a U.S. citizen at birth.

The only path I could see that could deny her the Presidency would be if some was able to force our government to adopt a specific definition of Natural Born Citizen with a definition that would happen to exclude her. Even if that definition happened, I have doubts that she would fall under it. The reason I say that is re people falling under what the rules were (what the U.S. Code (law) was) when they were born. The rules for this 'subject/area' for Ted Cruz fall under what the U.S. Code was when he was born, not what the U.S. code was when he ran for President. If our government ended up formally defining the parameters of what constitutes a Natural Born Citizen, and that went 'against her facts/bio/situation', then it would prevent someone with the same situation born after that formal definition from becoming POTUS, but she was already born during a period before a formal definition.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:50 PM

9,996 posts, read 5,703,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
There's no way she'd serve in a Trump administration.
Huh. Well, I stand corrected:

"If that call came, I would say yes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections