Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 05:21 PM

820 posts, read 448,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
My money is on South Dakoka Governor Kristi Noem, U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), or Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY). Elise Stefanik has been solidly pro-Trump and is a good communicator. The others have promoted their own messages as well without alienating Trump or his supporters.
He would be wise to pick a smart strong woman to go at Giggles in debates, making her look dumber than she does already. If he picked a guy and he did that, it may turn off Independents, who will undoubtedly decide this election.

Plus, if something happens where he gets removed from office, the voting public would feel better with a Tulsi, Stefanik, Noem, etc. as next in line over useless Harris. Because, in reality, this may be the first election where the VP's in either party stand a very strong chance of taking over.

I think the #2 post is what more voters will be looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2023, 05:43 PM

13,786 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Maybe...

Quote:
Nikki Haley. Of anyone on the list, the former South Carolina governor has been the most critical of Trump. But that doesn’t mean Trump won’t tap her to be his running mate. He chose her to be his ambassador to the United Nations (even if it was to help supporter Henry McMaster become governor), and she was the rare appointee to leave his administration unscathed.

Haley would bring multiple layers of diversity to the ticket (potentially setting up a historic vice presidential debate between two Indian American women) and foreign policy experience. Even though Haley criticized elderly politicians, Trump has not responded directly or sparred with her like he has with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, opening the door to another alliance.
https://rollcall.com/2023/09/21/one-...-running-mate/
Or...

Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard has reportedly made the short list of possible Trump running mates. The renegade ex-Democrat from Hawaii stands out as perhaps the most plausible choice—even if her selection would spell trouble for both Donald Trump and the conservative movement.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-his-next-veep

Old 11-14-2023, 07:03 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,303,818 times
Lake is too inexperienced and too similar to Trump. I think Gabbard is the obvious pick but it’ll be someone none of us are thinking of probably

Old 11-14-2023, 07:08 AM

4,552 posts, read 2,275,418 times
I would love for it to be Tucker. My only concern is that we really need Tucker's voice to get out the deep state information to the people.

Old 11-14-2023, 07:13 AM

35,097 posts, read 31,339,345 times
Vivek. There needs to be a younger contrast and someone able to take over.

Old 11-14-2023, 08:34 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Vivek. There needs to be a younger contrast and someone able to take over.
Ramaswamy would not be my choice. The last thing I would want is two snake oil salesmen who do not understand or care to understand how government works to be in the top two spots of leadership. While I was no fan whatsoever of Pence, I would have felt better about him taking over if needed than I would of Ramaswamy in the same situation.

Old 11-14-2023, 09:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I personally can't even guess, but I think it will need to be someone who is a masochist.

Seriously, I cannot think of a single political favorite of his who has retained Trump's good opinion of him or her for longer than six years -- and that is probably stretching it. (Feel free to correct me on that, of course.)

Or do you think the RNC will pick someone for him? And if that is the case, who do you think they might pick who would actually agree to be Trump's running mate?
It won’t be Nikki Haley IMO who is the only one that could probably bring him some voters from the middle/undecided block

Old 11-14-2023, 10:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Ramaswamy would not be my choice. The last thing I would want is two snake oil salesmen who do not understand or care to understand how government works to be in the top two spots of leadership. While I was no fan whatsoever of Pence, I would have felt better about him taking over if needed than I would of Ramaswamy in the same situation.
I agree with you on Pence, and I loathe his politics. But he proved he understood the constitution and would abide by it. We have seen some of the clips of Jenna Ellis's proffer in Georgia where she admits the stated goal of Trump and his toadies was to not leave the office, no matter what. When she pushed back and said, "You know that's not how this works, right?" their answer was, "We don't care."

Mike Pence wouldn't go along with that. Ramaswamy is so slimy I wouldn't be confident he wouldn't.

Old 11-14-2023, 04:35 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,667,654 times
If he were smart he would pick Nikki Haley, but smart was never one of his attributes, he plays well with the dumbest of the party.

Old 11-14-2023, 05:09 PM

1,355 posts, read 475,727 times
I'm thinking Kari Lake or Tucker Carlson. Tulsi Gabbard would be an interesting pick and could perhaps draw in more centrists and left of centre moderates but she reminds me a little too much of Kamala Harris in the sense that she's an ethnic woman pick paired up with an old white man; mind you, someone who is also of Indian heritage which would drive home the similarities a bit more, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections