Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 11:29 AM

653 posts, read 781,365 times

Advertisements

A few months ago I read about a Carnivore Diet study conducted by Harvard University where approximately 2100 people participated. The study provided incredible insights into the benefits of the Carnivore Diet and at the time, I weighed in at 313 pounds. After reading about the study and the results, I decided to try the Carnivore Diet as a means to lose weight and get healthier overall. Today, coming up on 11 weeks on this diet, I have lost 43 pounds and feel amazing!! I plan to continue this journey until I reach my goal weight of 225 pounds.

At first, I was very skeptical about this diet. I worried about how it would impact my cholesterol and I always suffered from Gout, for which I avoided red meat. After starting the diet, I consume mostly red meat, and have even started eating organ meat again (I love beef liver), and have not suffered a Gout flareup yet. There are Doctors online who swear by this diet and it's benefits. I feel like this diet has helped me sleep better at night. I wake up more energized, and the body aches and pains that plagued me before are good. I used to think the lower back pain in the morning was muscular, but I'm convinced that it was inflammation caused by all the carbohydrates and sugars that I was consuming. Since eliminating Carbs and Sugars, I feel amazing, and plan on adopting this diet as my way of life.

This diet is not necessarily for everyone, but I feel like it's the one diet I can stick to and I'm seeing great results. Best of all, when I had my recent physical all of my lab results were either in the normal range or closing in on normal range when compared to my previous physical results.

Today, I am 270 pounds. I have not been this "lite" since around 2012 when my wife and I welcomed our first born, and I can't wait to reach my goal weight of 225 pounds, which is what I weighed when I was in college.

Below is the link to the Harvard study that was conducted. The results will amaze you, especially for those out there who suffer from Diabetes. Removing Carbs and Sugars from your diet may lead to you getting off the meds.

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/the-harv...re-diet-study/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 11:38 AM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
I'm reading "The Carnivore Code". It makes a lot of claims, including helping with Crohn's disease. I'm debating giving it a try.

But I hate beef liver, not gonna eat it.

Old 12-06-2023, 11:42 AM

Hey, I don't blame you man. I was skeptical myself before I started, but I am really amazed at how the weight is coming off without me having to work myself to death in the gym. I don't do cardio, only light weight lifting, but the diet has me burning fat rapidly.

Carbs and Sugars are terrible for us. Especially Sugars!! I went all-in on this and am loving my results.

Old 12-06-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I'm reading "The Carnivore Code". It makes a lot of claims, including helping with Crohn's disease. I'm debating giving it a try.

I can promise you one thing, this diet got rid of my Gout. Before the diet, if I ate red meat I would get a Gout flare up, and that pain is like HELL!! Now, since giving up Sugars and Carbs, I'm eating more red meat than ever and no Gout flare up!!

Old 12-06-2023, 01:31 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
I could not do it. I tried and got sick of all the meat. I need variety. Plus, I don't eat pork or beef. Only chicken, turkey and fish (religious beliefs). I'm on keto but I don't lose anymore. I only lost 15 lbs.

Don't you have problems with constipation?

You lost a lot of weight. Good for you!

Old 12-06-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
I could not do it. I tried and got sick of all the meat. I need variety. Plus, I don't eat pork or beef. Only chicken, turkey and fish (religious beliefs). I'm on keto but I don't lose anymore. I only lost 15 lbs.

Don't you have problems with constipation?

You lost a lot of weight. Good for you!
Yeah, I can see how that can be hard if you don't eat Pork or Beef. I eat all Meats.

I did have an episode of constipation, but that was because I was not eating enough fat. Since I increased my fat intake I have not had constipation again. Plus, you can take over the counter stool softeners to help with constipation.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm excited man! I was resigned to just being obese the rest of my life, but so far so good on Carnivore.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:50 PM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post

Liver is just an option. You don't have to eat liver to do Carnivore.

Old 12-06-2023, 01:53 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Be careful with fad diets, because once you resume eating as normal, you may regain the weight. Carnivore is a very restrictive diet and I cannot see you lasting on this diet forever.

However, if it's working for you, and you're morbidly obese, I'd suggest stay with it until your target weight but have a concrete plan how to transition back to a normal diet so you don't put all the weight back.

Old 12-06-2023, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Liver is just an option. You don't have to eat liver to do Carnivore.
Oh for sure. Liver is not a must. It’s just that I personally love it.

Old 12-06-2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Be careful with fad diets, because once you resume eating as normal, you may regain the weight. Carnivore is a very restrictive diet and I cannot see you lasting on this diet forever.

However, if it's working for you, and you're morbidly obese, I'd suggest stay with it until your target weight but have a concrete plan how to transition back to a normal diet so you don't put all the weight back.
Thank you! I honestly want to make this a lifestyle. It is very restrictive, but I have many reasons to stay away from all the harmful sugars and carbs. So far I’m doing great. I know other guys who do Carnivore for 6-8 weeks and then go back to normal eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss