Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 04:50 PM

679 posts, read 272,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Yeah, we all know you can't actually read. Or understand context already.
That was both ignorant and uncalled for.

Still waiting to see your examples of 300 square foot apartments and 300 square foot restaurants. I’ll wait right here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2023, 06:24 PM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Where are these supposed 300 square foot restaurants? I'm happy for Dallas that it has food courts etc., but I have no idea of the relevance of that fact. What's your point?

Okay, so an imaginary 400 square foot restaurant is large when compared to an imaginary 300 square foot restaurant. Ya got me.

Food Court restaurants are generally larger than 300 square feet and larger than 400 square feet. So even if this were going to be a food court, there is no way there will be 22 restaurants in the 7,300 available square feet. Especially when you consider that his square footage allocation only allows for the restaurants themselves, no "court", no tables, no passageways to and from the "restaurants.

Please show me a 300 square foot restaurant in North Texas. LOL

There will NOT be 22 restaurants in this building. Take that to the bank.

I'll finish off with a few inconvenient (for you and dallasboi) facts:

-- An average Sonic is 1,740 square feet.
-- The smallest food hall I've ever been in was about 7,000 square feet (about the size of the space being discussed here; it has 5 vendors. FIVE, not twenty!
-- Exchange Hall, right here in downtown Dallas, is 26,700 square feet - 3 1/2 times the size of the subject space: 12 vendors. TWELVE, in 3 1/2 times the space as that in which dallasboi thinks there's room for 22. I'll do the math for you: If Exchange Hall were as populated with restaurants as dallasboi's imaginary food hall, it would have more than 77 restaurants!
-- Apartments.com tells us that efficiency apartments average 500-600 square feet (not 300).
Preach. It's very difficult teaching people who don't understand much about anything really. 300 square feet lol.

The bane of all of our existence, really. I wish people would stop and take some time to understand things before they go spouting off about them.

Old 09-26-2023, 07:33 PM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I mean, your thread was the inspiration lol
Yes, ParaguaneroSwag is a very innovative poster.

Old 09-28-2023, 12:51 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,399,224 times
Quote:
Still waiting to see your examples of 300 square foot apartments and 300 square foot restaurants.
I already gave them to you. 300 sq ft apartments exist everywhere in the world. So do small restaurants. I already gave you examples of those too. Carriage House advertises 343 sq ft. A place in Ft Worth has 250 sq ft studios. For someone making grand pronouncements, you should learn to read and google. Do you need me to hold your hand and walk you to them?

Old 09-28-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I already gave them to you. 300 sq ft apartments exist everywhere in the world. So do small restaurants. I already gave you examples of those too. Carriage House advertises 343 sq ft. A place in Ft Worth has 250 sq ft studios. For someone making grand pronouncements, you should learn to read and google. Do you need me to hold your hand and walk you to them?

LOL Just saying they exist is not giving examples. This post was the first time you gave any examples of < 300 square foot apartments (and you only gave one, and that is only a generalized statement without a link or evidence. As you say, Carriage House has 354 square foot efficiencies, but that doesn't clear the bar. 354 is not 300.

You have yet to give a single example of a 300 square foot restaurant.

Links would make your examples a whole lot more believable.

300 square foot apartments may exist "everywhere in the world", but we're talking about North Texas. A few may exist in North Texas, but even if they exist, they are far from being the the standard size, as was claimed. It just misleading, to put it lightly to say that "300 square feet is the size of an efficiency apartment".

More to the point of the conversation, there is simply no way there will be 22 restaurants in the 7,300 square feet allocated to retail on the ground floor of this proposed apartment building. Ive seen a lot of preposterous and delusional posts on city forums over the years; this might have set a new mark. The very idea doesn't even pass the giggle test. IF the building gets built, be sure to check on that.

Old 09-28-2023, 02:49 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
Jaxon didn’t close because of lack of popularity. They simply didn’t renew the lease. They’ve said they have a new restaurant coming soon.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Jaxon didn’t close because of lack of popularity. They simply didn’t renew the lease. They’ve said they have a new restaurant coming soon.

Riiiigghhttt... No doubt a new restaurant in a location where they can stay in business. There have been multiple reports of the restaurants and vendors in the Discovery District not getting enough business.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Riiiigghhttt... No doubt a new restaurant in a location where they can stay in business. There have been multiple reports of the restaurants and vendors in the Discovery District not getting enough business.
That’s a known fact. Jerry Jones’s hospitality team took over operations. Jaxon wasn’t struggling and was always packed. BTW that’s the food hall which is a dying trend around the country. It was a short lived fad.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/r...owntown-close/

Quote:
"We were unable to come to an agreement with the landlord and are moving to a new location that we think we will be a better fit for us," the spokesperson said. "We'll have more information soon."

Last edited by Dallaz; 09-28-2023 at 03:36 PM..

Old 09-28-2023, 04:16 PM

Dallas high-rise development planned for KERA Uptown site

Quote:

The developer of one of Uptown Dallas’ newest office towers is teaming up with broadcaster KERA on a major project.

Kaizen Development Partners says it has formed a partnership with KERA to build a mixed-use high-rise project north of downtown.

KERA is selling 2.4 acres of its campus between North Harwood Street and Harry Hines Boulevard where Kaizen plans new residential and office towers.

KERA will also build a new headquarters on part of the site. Construction is planned to start late next year.

Kaizen plans to build a 400,000-square-foot office tower, a residential high-rise and about 20,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space on the size. The buildings would open in 2027.
Renderings

Old 09-28-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
That’s a known fact. Jerry Jones’s hospitality team took over operations. Jaxon wasn’t struggling and was always packed. BTW that’s the food hall which is a dying trend around the country. It was a short lived fad.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/r...owntown-close/
ahhh, a known fact. If I had nickel for every "known fact" I've read about on these forums . . . Another "known fact" in your post (that Jerry Jones's hospitality team took over operations) is also a stretch. Yes, one of his companies is involved: "Legends, a premium experiences company co-founded by YGE Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of the New York Yankees, and Jones Concessions LP, an affiliate of the Dallas Cowboys and majority-owned by Sixth Street."

So . . . Jerry Jones's company has (presumably) 1/2 of a minority interest in the company that is now running the Discovery District restaurant spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas