Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 05:52 PM

679 posts, read 272,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Go to any Food-Court in any of the buildings in the Tunnels in Houston and they look like this:
Are we talking about a food court? or Houston? NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 06:52 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Are we talking about a food court? or Houston? NO.
We're talking about the smallest denomination to be considered a restaurant......which is what I broke that 7,300 sq ft. into.

Old 09-23-2023, 09:34 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
A few more....

Deep Ellum

The Assembly - Planned

Oak Cliff

The Victor Prosper phase II (Bishop Arts) - U?C

Bishop Canopy - U/C but no renderings yet

Old 09-23-2023, 09:44 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
ROFL Just when I thought you'd reached the peak of cluelessness . . . In brief, you need to redo your math. For a point of reference, Jaxon, one of the restaurants that has closed in Discovery District, was 10,000 square feet. 300 square feet is smaller than my bedroom.
300 sq ft is the size of an efficiency apartment....Then add YOUR 100 sq ft. bedroom and it turns into a small 1 bdr apartment...Which would be a large restaurant in an aptartment building retail space.

Old 09-25-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
300 sq ft is the size of an efficiency apartment....Then add YOUR 100 sq ft. bedroom and it turns into a small 1 bdr apartment...Which would be a large restaurant in an aptartment building retail space.

400 square feet would be a large restaurant? Only in an imaginary world.

400 square feet is about the size of a ghost kitchen (i.e., kitchen only, not a restaurant). That's not even big enough for a food court "restaurant". The Subway sandwich shop at the the corner of Elm and Field is 1,400 square feet. There is no location in Texas where 400 square feet would be considered a large restaurant.
That doesn't even pass the giggle test.

Dallasboi, your schtick has gotten beyond tiresome. You seem to be just throwing out random factoids and numbers; anything at all that will support your preferred narrative.

Old 09-25-2023, 02:43 PM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
400 square feet would be a large restaurant? Only in an imaginary world.

400 square feet is about the size of a ghost kitchen (i.e., kitchen only, not a restaurant). That's not even big enough for a food court "restaurant". The Subway sandwich shop at the the corner of Elm and Field is 1,400 square feet. There is no location in Texas where 400 square feet would be considered a large restaurant.
That doesn't even pass the giggle test.

Dallasboi, your schtick has gotten beyond tiresome. You seem to be just throwing out random factoids and numbers; anything at all that will support your preferred narrative.
lol he's pure entertainment - the type you can't take seriously but also have to rebut from time to time because some people will read and believe that nonsense...

Old 09-25-2023, 03:18 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,399,224 times
400sq ft is pretty large for a take-out restaurant. A food truck is about 120 sq ft. I think if your only definition of 'restaurant' is a freeway side Olive Garden, then imagining that a restaurant can be 100 sq ft of kitchen and 300 sq ft of dining is nearly impossible.

Also, his definition of 'large' was only in comparison of the smaller 300 sq ft ones, not in absolute terms. It wasn't that hard to figure out from the context. Also Dallas has both food courts, underground tunnel restaurants, and food trucks.

Old 09-25-2023, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
400sq ft is pretty large for a take-out restaurant. A food truck is about 120 sq ft. I think if your only definition of 'restaurant' is a freeway side Olive Garden, then imagining that a restaurant can be 100 sq ft of kitchen and 300 sq ft of dining is nearly impossible.

Also, his definition of 'large' was only in comparison of the smaller 300 sq ft ones, not in absolute terms. It wasn't that hard to figure out from the context. Also Dallas has both food courts, underground tunnel restaurants, and food trucks.
Where are these supposed 300 square foot restaurants? I'm happy for Dallas that it has food courts etc., but I have no idea of the relevance of that fact. What's your point?

Okay, so an imaginary 400 square foot restaurant is large when compared to an imaginary 300 square foot restaurant. Ya got me.

Food Court restaurants are generally larger than 300 square feet and larger than 400 square feet. So even if this were going to be a food court, there is no way there will be 22 restaurants in the 7,300 available square feet. Especially when you consider that his square footage allocation only allows for the restaurants themselves, no "court", no tables, no passageways to and from the "restaurants.

Please show me a 300 square foot restaurant in North Texas. LOL

There will NOT be 22 restaurants in this building. Take that to the bank.

I'll finish off with a few inconvenient (for you and dallasboi) facts:

-- An average Sonic is 1,740 square feet.
-- The smallest food hall I've ever been in was about 7,000 square feet (about the size of the space being discussed here; it has 5 vendors. FIVE, not twenty!
-- Exchange Hall, right here in downtown Dallas, is 26,700 square feet - 3 1/2 times the size of the subject space: 12 vendors. TWELVE, in 3 1/2 times the space as that in which dallasboi thinks there's room for 22. I'll do the math for you: If Exchange Hall were as populated with restaurants as dallasboi's imaginary food hall, it would have more than 77 restaurants!
-- Apartments.com tells us that efficiency apartments average 500-600 square feet (not 300).

Last edited by oil capital; 09-25-2023 at 05:51 PM..

Old 09-26-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post

And BTW, there is no way to read what he said in context, or otherwise, to make it say 400 square feet is large only in comparison to 300 square feet. He absolutely said 400 square feet . . . " would be a large restaurant in an apartment building retail space. Here is the quote for all to see:

"300 sq ft is the size of an efficiency apartment....Then add YOUR 100 sq ft. bedroom and it turns into a small 1 bdr apartment...Which would be a large restaurant in an aptartment building retail space."

False. In or out of context.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:15 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,399,224 times
Quote:
"300 sq ft is the size of an efficiency apartment....Then add YOUR 100 sq ft. bedroom and it turns into a small 1 bdr apartment...Which would be a large restaurant in an aptartment building retail space

Yeah, we all know you can't actually read. Or understand context already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas