Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,709,792 times

Advertisements

Well Thursday and Friday were terrible for me weight wise. Thursday wasn't so bad as I felt skinny & light but I had no energy at gym to workout. I just could not get myself to stick to a workout & go hard. I dabbled in this for 10 min, in that for 10 min until I finally quit and spent rest of my time walking outside. Friday was even worst that i did't even get 10K steps. I had half day meeting on both days. Sitting in meeting ruined my walk & had above average lunch which really did it for me. I have been staying away from chips and Friday lunch was Mexican. Of course I gave in & had some chips and salsa. After that all i could think about is having chips/more chips. I came home and drowned myself in a large bowl of fruits just to fill myself up & get rid of my craving. This morning my weight went up to 159. I feel bit defeated & no point.

I am going to pick back up but its been 2 weeks and my timeline generally is 2 weeks before i give up. So i won't give up & won't let this weight gain ruin the progress i was making
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:54 AM

Last Thursday my brother had his 2nd baby. We are very close family & being one of the elder kid in family, I am always throwing in everyone else's event. So I gave up gym, tracking my food intake, & living lean training video since last Wednesday when I got the news my SIL is in hospital. Between hospital visit & taking care of their toddler, I dont think I had much time for healthy me.

I did go to gym Sunday & went to mall for some TLC time on Friday. In the mall I picked up several top in size L & took few in size M. To my surprise none of the L fit me. I am actually size M again. To be normal again is such a blessing. Start of 2016 I went up to XL. I am happy but I need to get back on track. Not listening to video, not tracking my food, not going to gym & making excuse for bad food habit on "special event" until every other day turns out "special event".... All these excuse are killing my momentum.

On side note, its beena while since I been drinking apple cider vinegar. To my surprise I actually like it & it has become part of my life. I didn't drink it last 2 days and now my digestive system is going crazy. After I drank some this morning, my stomach calmed down. This is worth it. In terms of weight loss, it supplements healthy eating habit. Its good reminder early morning & helps me stay on track.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:40 PM

157.8lb last I checked. i still bounce between 157-159#

It is Ramadan. So no workout on my side but lack of food/drink during day time is helping. But all these family dinner (by everyone i know) is not helping. My weight goes up after every dinner party vs. when I eat at home. Aside from incorporating fruits and vegy and water as much as I can while trying my best to resist yummy sweet & fried food. I am going

Old 06-05-2017, 06:37 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
Great thread OP!
Very inspirational.
I think pretty much everyone gains weight around holidays.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 AM

154.8lb wow but to be honest this was after 14 hours of not eating or drinking. I did check my weight after eating and after not eating for 14 hours and the weight difference is almost 5lbs. So this is not special but one can still celebrate for seeing a number on scale I have not seen since 2013. I am hoping after the holiday season my weight doesn't go back up. I am really loving the weight I am seeing on scale. I started this thread by talking about intermittent fasting, it didn't work for me back then. Missing breakfast was terrible idea and I was never discipline enough to eat super early dinner. and I guess not eating during sleep shouldn't count either. Maybe I will think about it and continue part of it afterward

Old 07-03-2017, 11:31 AM

157 lb consistently. Now that fasting season is over, this is my normal weight. I am 20lb lighter than where I started off but I did see weight as low as 153lbs. It fluctuates, I need to step up my game to lose another 5lb atleast. I am still overweight/obese borderline. When will I ever be normal

On a side note, one of the reason I took on this endeavor of losing weight starting 2016 was because I wanted to have a baby. We were not using any protection and after over 1 year of casually trying nothing was happening. I was starting to get worried but not enough to see a doctor. I decided I need to lose weight & be outside of obese weight range before I take steps toward infertility treatment or anything. Because weight can have negative impact on getting pregnant. So that was one of my motivation. Last month I found out I am pregnant after 2 years of trying. I am sure losing the weight helped significantly

Old 07-03-2017, 12:11 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
OMG! Congratulations!!!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 PM

Thank you Charlygal! keep me in your prayers.

156.4 - 157.0 has been my weight. Is it bad that I am not even making attempt at losing weight. I am happy that my weight didn't go up. I am still doing my 10K steps per day and eating healthy. Although lately salad has been feeling bit blaaaaa, which is surprising because salad always been my go to healthy food and I didn't feel blaaa until 3rd day of having same salad. But time is different, things are changing

I am going to make priority to go to gym. I haven't gone much because of the nice weather. I take walk outside and I get tired. The heat is draining. When I do go to gym, I have not worked out as hard as I used to. But I need to keep the gym habit. I can't throw my hands up in air and jump on "I am pregnant, so all bets are off" bandwagon. I am trying. Since I am over weight I shouldn't be gaining too many pounds and definitely none at this stage.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:45 PM

158.8#

Bad news, my pregnancy has been declared not viable. I am waiting for miscarriage, nothing happened yet. It is so funny, while i was pregnant I got tired after 20 minute of cardio & really felt the need to lie down. After getting the confirmation from my doctor, I still felt tired but today (maybe because I woke up determine to get my body & energy back) I feel much more energized. I actually got 10K steps after a week & i can see myself picking up on my journey to weight loss again. I do hope to get pregnant again (with in this year) but i also hope to be 149# by end of this year. Here is to hope

Old 08-07-2017, 10:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck on the rest of your path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals