Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,417,008 times

Advertisements

From a brief scan of your many posts i dont think lack of activity is your problem i suspect your lack of weight loss is more due to your diet.
Keep a journal of everything you eat and it may become apparent where your problems may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 09:56 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,721,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From a brief scan of your many posts i dont think lack of activity is your problem i suspect your lack of weight loss is more due to your diet.
Keep a journal of everything you eat and it may become apparent where your problems may be.
Thank you, I did not know anyone was reading this. This is encouragement as I feel like I am active but the scale is not moving. I will start food journal and write the summary here per week

Old 11-07-2016, 02:30 PM

Per jambo101's comment.. I started food journaling last week. Didn't capture properly until Wednesday but even then still not perfect. I sat & reviewed my food from wed-->sat. This is what I saw:
  • Donut sucks. We had lots of donut for breakfast meeting & that day not only did I have donut for breakfast, I had donut for lunch & snack. Ohh I hate myself
  • Between Halloween& donut, my snack has been bad last week. On top of that I had chips 2 days. I did have apple for snack one time/day
  • Too much white rice. Rice is what my diet is based on but generally I limit it to one meal a day but now I am having it 2x. Goal cut down to one meal rice for now. Future goal is to eat brown rice
  • Brealfast is no existing for me unless its free food at work or me nibbling dinner at breakfast but I am not ready to change that

I will continue to list what I eat & try my best to replace rice out of dinner & resist free food.

Workout on other hand has been ok, not best as we skipped gym due to car shopping. 45k steps in 5 days, 3.5hr of gym including yoga, kickboxing & toning class.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:46 AM

2nd week of Nov: Food review

THE GOOD- snack everyday is an apple. You know what they say about an apple a day . I did over eat one night (weekend) because I stayed up till 4 am and I was dehydrated

THE OK- breakfast 5/7 days involved taking a bite or 2 of lunch I am packing or it is a banana. I messed up one day by having kit at for breakfast lol. Dinner also is ok most days, if I have heavy lunch I skip dinner and if I have bad lunch I overdose on vegy at dinner. So far I want to keep it this way

THE UGLY- lunch omg every day I had something bad. Whether its pasta and bread on same meal or popcorn/candy/ice cream. I had cake 2x in this week at work & pasta 2x in this week along with tuna melt. I thought I planned my week well but I guess I didn't do as well as I thought.

WORKOUT REVIEW- gym 3 days totaling 4.5 hours. Not doing 2 full class like before. Steps in 11-17k zone.

GOAL for this week is to manage lunch by planning/packing. Also stay hydrated. Seems like some of my over eating is hydration issue. Continue moving

Old 11-21-2016, 09:39 AM

3rd week of Nov: This is so strange, I feel like I am playing a jigsaw puzzle. I work on fixing my lunch and I screw up my already perfect dinner plan. I improve one area and I mess up another area. ARGGG

Review: Breakfast On point, Lunch 50/50, dinner completely F**Ed up, snack on point. Gym Awesome

• Breakfast - most day it is herbal tea with 1 gram sugar. sometimes add banana to it. Two days I had boiled egg & 1 day I had junk but I will allow one day mess up
  • Lunch - I made big batch of chickpea salad which I had for 3 days & had chicken salad another day. I took Wednesday off work & surely enough that is the day I had yellow rice with fried chicken. I knew I shouldn't, I went to gym that morning for 3 hours. Then met up hubby during his lunch break & he suggested to get quick lunch. I was craving for some vegetable but I gave in. I didn't even enjoy the meal yet I put so much calories in. No more, hubby is ban from quick lunch
  • Dinner - My trusty yogurt parfait was not my meal everyday. I had Chicken 65 (which is fried curried chicken, it was indulgence allow it) but I had double meal because I stopped at my mom who won't let me leave without eating even if I already ate. I had cheese bread, again another one of hubby's influence although he did pick up chicken salad for me but how can I resist pizza and cheese bread at home. I NEED TO, I HAVE TO. I had bread several times & again food I didn't enjoy but ate because someone served it to me.
  • Snack - good: apple, tea, sunflower seed, puff rice. I did have sweet one day but I will allow it
  • Gym - 7 hours last week due to Wednesday being an off day. I did great
LESSON: DO NOT EAT FOOD YOU ARE NOT ENJOYING THAT ARE HEAVY IN CALORIES JUST BECAUSE IT IS CONVINENT. List to my guts, if it says go for vegy go out of the way for that vegy.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:50 AM

4th week of Nov:

Thanks giving, happy holiday, Shopping/chilling. Sorry didn't keep track of my food intake, it was too much and I was off schedule. I attended gym once and ate a lot. I did not even check my weight.

I will update next week

Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 AM

4th week of food journeying and consciously trying to improve my eating habit
5 weeks of attending gym religiously for 3-4days/week for 1.5hr/day

YET I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND. How is this possible? I know I am eating better than before, at least I am more conscious. Yes I make mistakes, yes I give into temptation (like I had chips and cake few days and thanksgiving week is not even counted here) but I must be doing better, I am putting more effort in. This is very frustrating. All I wanted was to lose 3 lbs in this month & I didn't and I hope I lose this 3 lb by end of year. I need to lose 30lbs but I am focusing on this 3.

Food Review
THE BAD - skipping breakfast is not working for me. I notice, I give into temptation most on the days I skip breakfast. Even a banana is good. The next item surprised me as I thought I had no rice last week but as I reviewed my "food journal" I noticed I had rice everyday (all 5 days at work). Then why did I feel like I was restraining myself from rice, just because I did that at dinner. I didn't notice everyday I had some type of rice meal. Terrible

The GOOD: Dinner I have been enjoying yogurt, awesome granola some great fruits. Other days I have hummus with whole wheat bread. I did good by shopping last week for healthy food I will eat. I had raspberry, hummus, whole wheat bread & some fruits. I am also drinking 2 cups of herbal tea/green tea and have a fruit per day.

On right track, I just wish the number showed it. This week I will continue dinner as before but maybe have rice one day so I don't feel like I am depriving myself & have extra at different meal as it was last week. I will make large batch of salad, some sandwich. Continue with tea, fruits, breakfast, oats, yogurt.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 AM

HAPPY LATE NEW YEAR. I was on 3 weeks vacation and finally getting back to my goal and normal life. Before I jump into 2017, here is a review of my weight loss progress in 2016.

2016 REVIEW - Started the year at 177lbs and ended the year at 162lbs. Total loss of 15 lbs. I aimed for 20lbs but I will happily take 15lbs. Additionally, I joined gym, have a pedometer watch & learned to drink tea. I have played with food prep & brown rice & healthy eating but I have not mastered it. I do enjoy my vegy now & sometimes crave it.

2017 GOAL - I would like to lose at least 7% of my current weight = 12 lbs. 1lb/month at low end. I am starting off with basics this week:
  • Have breakfast every morning
  • Weight myself every morning while brushing teeth
  • Track my food intake in my phone
  • Wear my pedometer to track my steps. Try to get to 10K steps/day

HERE IS TO NEW START

Old 02-07-2017, 08:19 AM

Update - stuck at same weight, can't seem to shake it but reading my last post I notice my goal was 1lb/month which I have managed. I was hoping for more. I lose weight middle of week but by weekend it is back to square one. I re-started prevent program which has 30 minute healthy lesson per week focused on a specific area. This helped me last year so I am re-doing it on my own without a group/community.

Week 1 was tracking as mentioned in my last post. Track steps, weight, food intake. Made goal to analyze my weekly activity every Monday but I failed to do that. Tracking on the other hand became 2nd nature until this weekend when I am starting to slack off. It has been over 2 weeks & 2 week tend to be my limit of motivation

Week 2 was Nutrition 101 which focused on cutting out empty calories: chips, pastry & fried food are my weakness. I decided to include carrot, broccoli, berries, apple & beans in my meal plan. I also made plans to include good fat such as avocados, salmon, almond, small amount of dairy & chicken, and focus on whole wheat. I did very good in week 2 and while keeping up with week one. one day I even saw my weight go down to 159.8lb. My regular dinner is overnight oats now, which I still enjoy.

Week 3 was Shopping Healthy which gave tips on how to shop better such as not shopping on empty stomach, paying attention to serving size. Also importance of eating breakfast & outside perimeter of grocery has most healthy food. It is ironic that I started this thread discussing my attempt at delaying breakfast as long as possible & now 4 page later, I testify the importance of breakfast.

To be honest week 3 did not go well. I didn't give importance to this week lesson & after 2 days I jumped to week 4 to get ahead. I think that ruined it. I need to take my time & go one step at a time even if the lesson seems simple.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:37 AM

Weight 160.0 this morning. I have been in 160s for almost 2 weeks. It is always bouncing between 160.8 - 160.2 lb with one day I hit 159.8 but never saw that 159 number yet. Still trying to
  • keep track of everything I eat
  • Weekly shopping specifically for healthy food.
  • Think & eat healthy food but I go for lazy unhealthy options time to time, little too many times
  • Aiming for 10K steps per day. I don't think I had a day below 8K steps so doing good
  • Aiming to workout 3 days a week for 90 min/day = 4.5 hrs/week. But cold temperature
Although I am frustrated at not losing weight fast enough, I am also happy for the progress I made so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals