Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 03:23 PM

25 posts, read 31,122 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I started P90X a week ago and wanted to keep a journal of my activities and progress. Today is Day 8.

On April 10th, I weighed myself and took measurements.

Starting weight 206.3 lbs
Stomach 39.75 inches
BF% (calipers) 24%

I will be weighing myself and taking stomach measurements every week, and will be measuring BF every 30 days.

My stats on April 17th
Weight 202.9 lbs
Stomach 39 inches

My goal for this round of P90X is 175 lbs. I know that it seems a little ambitious, but I like to shoot for high numbers. I will be updating this journal every 2 or 3 days with my progress on the exercises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Days 8 and 9 are in the books.

It was definitely "less difficult" than last week. I was able to complete Chest and Back and increase my push up reps by 5. I felt less sore the day after, which is good because last week I was having trouble moving my arms.

Plyometrics is one of my favorite. It certainly kicks my butt, but I'm already seeing results from doing it and pushing the limit. Last week, I went on a 5 mile hike that includes some steep climbs. It took me 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. I just completed the same hike in 1 hour and 32 minutes. Of course I added some running today, but that is something I could not do last week.

Today is day 10, Shoulder and Arms and I cannot wait to get started.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:44 PM

Day 10.

Shoulders and Arms... I love this workout. I was able to increase the weight by 5 lbs on most exercises, and I love the "pump" that you get after working biceps and shoulders.

Day 11.

Yoga... I like this workout. I would have never thought that something that seems so boring and static could be so challenging. 15 minutes in, I am dripping in sweat and ready to give up. If it wasn't for the fact that Tony Horton calls Yoga "the fountain of youth" I would probably not be so excited about it. Besides the obvious benefit of flexibility (because I seriously look like a deformed pretzel, at times), I feel less sore the day after.

Day 12.

Legs and Back... This is, by far, my least favorite workout. My legs are getting stronger, and it includes a bunch of pullups, but it is the only workout where I find myself yawning at times.

Today is day 13, Kenpo X. I will be doing this workout a little later in the day, and that will be the end of Week 2. I don't do the optional X Stretch, so tomorrow will be a rest day for me.

Weigh in and measurements will be Monday, for Day 15. I will post progress pictures on day 30.

If anyone else is doing P90X, I would like to hear about your experiences and challenges. I am NOT a Beachbody coach, so don't worry, I will not try to sell you Shakeology or any other of their expensive products.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:29 AM

Day 13.

Kenpo X... I find that this workout is all about the individual's intensity. You can do the whole thing and barely break a sweat of you don't put effort into it. I'm lucky enough that I have a punching bag in my apt and I'm able to use it during the punching parts of the workout. It is a very fun workout and after the hour goes by, my shirt is completely soaked.

Day 14.

Rest... Taking a rest day from the program doesn't mean taking a rest from nutrition. It is tough to go out with friends and have everyone indulge in bar food and beer, and to order a water and just enjoy the company.

Day 15.

I will be doing today's workout a little later on the day, but today I had my 15 day weigh in.

Weight 198.9 lbs
Stomach 38.5 in.

I am very happy (if not thrilled) with my results so far. This week i lost 4 lbs and 0.5 inch from my stomach.

Since I started the program 2 weeks ago, I've lost 7.4 lbs, and 1.75 inches off my stomach. I can't wait for Day 30 BF% measurement. I will also be posting Day 30 pictures (and Day 0 pictures for comparison).

Old 04-25-2016, 11:46 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Great progress! What is your diet like?

Old 04-25-2016, 12:52 PM

I'm following the P90X nutrition guide. It recommends a 50/30/20 ratio of Protein/Carbs/Fat. I am keeping my caloric intake at around 1800-2000 calories per day. I shoot for 2000, but some days I fall short. When you eat like the guide says, 2000 calories is a massive amount of food.

Breakfast is typically the same, consisting of 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg, with some chicken or turkey breast mixed in along with bell peppers and onions. And coffee. I like my coffee black anyway, so not adding creamer or sugar is not a big deal for me.

Lunch is usually a wrap with chicken or turkey, a little bit of mayo or chipotle mayo dressing and a bunch of veggies. Sometimes I will add half a slice of cheddar.

Dinner is chicken, salmon, or tuna and vegetables.

There is more variety in the guide, but keeping it simple allows me to not have to shop for too many ingredients at the same time. I also have a protein shake before and after workouts, and a shake before bed.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
That's awesome!

I loved P90x, but hated the one hour workouts. I have P90X3, but am disappointed with it. I thought it was going to be a 30 minute version of p90x (weight training split) but it is not.

I'll keep following... this is very motivating.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:24 AM

@mochamajesty- Thank you very much for the support! I agree that the 1-hour workouts can seem like a bit much, especially since the only one-hour workouts are Plyo and Kenpo... All the others are at leat 1 hour 15 minutes (after Ab Ripper) and Yoga is 1.5 hours.

I did P90X back in 2011. After I left the military I gained a lot of weight within the first 6 months. I liked the fact that P90X spoon fed me my exercise and nutrition for three months. I got awesome results and was able to maintain for a while. Then school happened and I became sedentary again.

I am doing this round to get back on track and become fit again. This time, I will not go back to my same routine as last time after completing the program.

And thank you so much for checking out my thread and commenting. It helps keep me accountable.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
I'm a big fan of P90X as well! I got in super shape with it back in 2009! I'm doing the gym thing now, but I might actually do P90X tonight since my wife is going to be in a meeting and I have to watch our son. So I might have to workout at home tonight.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Day 15.

Chest and Back... I was able to increase my reps on the pushup set, but not the pullups. I guess it'll come with time.

Day 16.

Plyometrics... My form is getting better, and I don't feel like I'm going too pass out when I finish, so that's a plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals