Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,282,949 times

Advertisements

Do you use a pullup bar or the bands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 11:36 AM

25 posts, read 31,187 times
I use a pullup bar. I'm able tondo about 2-3 full unassisted pullup and use assisted (with a chair) to complete 10 per set.

I'm trying to get to 10 per set and hoping that over time, I'm able to do more unassisted than assisted, until I get to 10.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,479,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinbBlue View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Day 15.

Chest and Back... I was able to increase my reps on the pushup set, but not the pullups. I guess it'll come with time.

Day 16.

Plyometrics... My form is getting better, and I don't feel like I'm going too pass out when I finish, so that's a plus.
Pull ups are still tough for me. I feel like if I can master a true pull up without being assisted, then that's pretty much the missing piece of the puzzle for me.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Pullups are hard. I used to be able to do 27 as my max (a long time ago, lol) and I'm hoping to at least break 20 again some day.

Day 17.

Arms and Back... Complete. I'm kinda sad that I won't get to do this workout for another 5 weeks, but that just means that I am progressing right on schedule.

Day 18.

Yoga X... I'm starting to get better. I'm not huffing and puffing as much as the first day, but that can also be because some of my belly is gone and so it doesn't get in the way.

Tomorrow is Legs and Back (ugh). Sometimes, I feel like skipping this workout altogether and just going to the gym and doing some squats and weight lifting for my back. Maybe I will try that in phase 2, bit since I am a firm believer in sticking to the routine that is presented to me (otherwise I can't complain if it doesnt work), I most likely will not do that.

On the other hand, I went on my weekly trail run/hike and was able to shave an additional 8 minutes off my time. Two weeks ago I was about to die and it took me 2 hours and 7 minutes. Today, I did it in 1 hour 24 minutes. My goal for next week is still the elusive 1 hour 20 minutes.

I'll get there.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:02 PM

Day 19.

Legs and Back... Workout complete. I did a minor modification that I think will help me out in the long run. Rather than doing 2 or 3 unassisted pull ups and finish a set of 10 with chair-assisted pull ups, I hooked my trusty TRX system and did sets of 15 TRX pull ups. They are easier than regular pull ups (because you are in a hovering seated position), but waaaay harder than chair pull ups. If done correctly, you engage the same muscles as a regular pull up, but with less intensity than pulling up all of your weight (or so i've read, but from the way I feel, its true).

Day 20.

Kenpo X... Completed this workout a couple of hours ago. I love this workout. I remember when I tried to do P90X a couple of years ago (only made it to week 2), I hated this workout because I felt that I didn't get enough of a workout. Well now, I wrap my hands, use 10 oz. gloves, and do the punching exercises on a punching bag as a follow along with the video. My arms are on fire after the first sequence. I cannot do the kicks on the punching bag because its hanging from a doorframe in my apartment and space is limited, so I do them as recommended.

Tomorrow will be Day 21, which means REST DAY. This also means meal prep day. and I will change up lunch. I will switch out the turkey wrap for chicken fajitas. and Dinner will also change. No more chicken and vegetables... well, it will now be chicken and vegetable stir-fry LOL.

I seriously cannot wait for Day 30 pictures, which will be posted on May 10th. Even though I cannot see the change in the mirror, other people have asked me if I'm losing weight. Also, some of my old jeans are starting to fit again.

Measurements will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you very much for reading.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 PM

3 week weigh in!

Weight: 196.5 lbs.
Stomach: 38 in.

This week I lost 2.4 lbs and 0.5 inch off my stomach... That means that since I started three weeks ago, I've lost 9.9 lbs and 1.75 inches off my stomach... This is seriously awesome. I feel like I can do more during my workout, and I feel stronger. I've also started getting comments from people, and everyone wants to know what I'm doing. Maybe its a little bit of vanity, but I like it!

I can't wait for Day 30 pictures.

Tomorrow is the start of week 4, and final week of phase 1.

Stay tuned!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:34 AM

Great results!

Old 05-03-2016, 05:46 PM

Thanks mochamajesty!!

Day 22.

Yoga X... Getting better. I still feel like a cow trying to twist my body and turning it in so many different directions. The only poses that I seriously struggle with (read: can't really do them) are the standing splits, half moon and twisting half moon. By this time I am so spent from the previous 45 minutes that my legs yell at me and tell me to stop. I still manage to half-ass them. Maybe by the end of the program I'll get them decently enough.

Day 23.

Core Synergistics... They call this recovery week, but it doesn't mean rest week. This workout is hard. Its a combination of core and resistance. I like it. I get to do it again before week 5 begins.

So far, so good. I have a whole new wardrobe, not because I went out and bought any clothes, but because a lot of clothes I haven't worn in over a year are starting to fit again. This is the biggest motivation to continue.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:05 AM

Day 24.

Kenpo X... Complete. I'm almost at Day 30. My chest strap heart rate monitor says that I burned 937 calories. I believe it.

Day 25.

X Stretch... Today is stretch day. I hate this video. Since it is an optional workout video on weekends, I'm just going to skip it. I know it was probably not meant to be an optional video during recovery week, but I do think my body needs rest after yesterday's double workout. Besides, we do Yoga X twice this week, and I feel like that is a good enough stretch.

I went on my weekly hike/run yesterday. My goal was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I fell short of that goal. I did 1 hour and 24 minutes again... just like last week. The good thing is that according to Nike Run App, I did cut 20 seconds from last week's time. The bad thing is that while I was running I tripped on a rock and went down. I seriously started cracking up. I was laughing so hard that if anybody had walked by, they would've thought that I was crazy. I got up and continued my run, but that fall set me back about a minute. Maybe I would've done lower than 1'24". I'll try again next week.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinbBlue View Post
Day 24.

Kenpo X... Complete. I'm almost at Day 30. My chest strap heart rate monitor says that I burned 937 calories. I believe it.

Day 25.

X Stretch... Today is stretch day. I hate this video. Since it is an optional workout video on weekends, I'm just going to skip it. I know it was probably not meant to be an optional video during recovery week, but I do think my body needs rest after yesterday's double workout. Besides, we do Yoga X twice this week, and I feel like that is a good enough stretch.

I went on my weekly hike/run yesterday. My goal was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I fell short of that goal. I did 1 hour and 24 minutes again... just like last week. The good thing is that according to Nike Run App, I did cut 20 seconds from last week's time. The bad thing is that while I was running I tripped on a rock and went down. I seriously started cracking up. I was laughing so hard that if anybody had walked by, they would've thought that I was crazy. I got up and continued my run, but that fall set me back about a minute. Maybe I would've done lower than 1'24". I'll try again next week.
You are truly making me want to grab my P90x dvds. I just don't have the hour to commit.

Kenpo bored me to tears - and I agree with you re: two yoga workouts as a substitute for the stretch dvd.

Good job on the run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals