Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:23 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,758 posts, read 58,150,330 times

Advertisements

Cop could have offered her to join an evasive driver training course, or a bit more material assistance than... "It's not my job". Cop-out.

Lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 09:35 AM

5,247 posts, read 6,170,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Cop could have offered her to join an evasive driver training course, or a bit more material assistance than... "It's not my job". Cop-out.

Lesson learned.
Everyone has a good point and they're right celebrity status doesn't give her any extra privileges but if that was a regular woman being chased by a photographer and then the photographer is interfering with the traffic stop it would have been a different story. Like I said once you cross that line into celebrity status stalking is a very gray area.

I could not imagine having to deal with this 24/7. There must have been 12 photographers there.
https://youtu.be/9_z1EJBUAtg?si=s8pTgqH96cdJoQb1

Old 04-29-2024, 10:36 AM

36,586 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

Lesson learned.
material assistance? She was speeding or something and claimed she thought a stalker was following her and she was trying to stay away from that guy.
Did she describe that guy or the vehicle he was driving? Details on how far, and how long she was being stalked.

He is not her personal bodyguard which she could easily afford with a net worth of 400 million. He advised her to file a report. If she pulled into the police station I'm sure "that guy" would not follow her in there.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:10 AM

17,277 posts, read 15,467,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
material assistance? She was speeding or something and claimed she thought a stalker was following her and she was trying to stay away from that guy.
Did she describe that guy or the vehicle he was driving? Details on how far, and how long she was being stalked.

He is not her personal bodyguard which she could easily afford with a net worth of 400 million. He advised her to file a report. If she pulled into the police station I'm sure "that guy" would not follow her in there.
Why wouldn't he? What makes you think he wouldn't?

Old 04-29-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Why wouldn't he? What makes you think he wouldn't?
Because stalkers/antagonizes dont generally follow their victims into police stations where they would likely be arrested.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Because stalkers/antagonizes dont generally follow their victims into police stations where they would likely be arrested.
They aren't committing any crime. The law unfortunately makes it perfectly legal for them to do what they do, as long as it is within public spaces. The police station is a public building.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
They aren't committing any crime. The law unfortunately makes it perfectly legal for them to do what they do, as long as it is within public spaces. The police station is a public building.
Ok. You follow some hysteric woman into a police station with her crying and telling them she fears for her life and see how far you get.
Come back and tell us what happened.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Ok. You follow some hysteric woman into a police station with her crying and telling them she fears for her life and see how far you get.
Come back and tell us what happened.
I mean, he'd get kicked out eventually, sure, but not before getting inside and snapping some awesome tabloid-worthy shots.
And he wouldn't get arrested, unless he remained inside after being told to leave.

Look no further than all of those stupid "police auditors" on Youtube, who make a living off of antagonizing random people, including the police, in public places.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:56 PM

22,361 posts, read 29,481,224 times
She isn't crying because she got pulled over. She's losing her shyt from constantly being followed and videoed/photographed. Unless you've been in her situation, then none of you can understand. Could you imagine EVERYTIME you left your house you were accosted by paps??? I'm sure you'd be over it as well and at some point, break down over it.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:13 PM

17,361 posts, read 22,115,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Agreed. The mayor was out of line for calling out that officer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I just don't feel bad for her. She also wasn't treated badly by the cop.

Cop gave a warning, he was stopping her for speeding 20 MPH over. She was upset about the paparazzi not the cop stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events