Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 06:25 PM

6,087 posts, read 2,871,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't have to understand. Her body, her choice. Although that does seem to be a dying philosophy these days. And what does her being "attractive" have to do with anything? She doesn't owe anyone her looks.
Her body. Her choice. My opinion. And my opinion is that most tattoos and women should not mix. As a man, women are the most beautiful things on this planet, physically, intellectually, and personality. Women, particularly whom we've chosen as our life partners are like a Ferrari. Rare, exotic, unique, perfect as they are. You don't put bumper stickers and graphics on a Ferrari, as it detracts from it's natural beauty. Most men like at least some level of femininity in their woman, naturally as most women want at least some level of masculinity in their man, and women covering themselves in artifacts that detract from that is a depressing thought to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980
Maybe they're not concerned about being attractive to other people, let alone men. Do you feel the same about handsome men with tattoos?
Well, I've never been attracted to men. So, naturally, tattoos on men bother me significantly less. That said, I'm not a fan of any tattoos on men or women. Growing up, I always thought tattoos were for men who were in prison or the army. I never thought of them as cool. I always thought of them as dirty. My opinion has not changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 06:27 PM

6,087 posts, read 2,871,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I've seen this too, in real life. They should just bypass getting all the tattoos and go for full ink sleeves on both arms and legs to save all the hassle ahead of time. Coming soon, face black outs? Ugh.

The ink sleeves look like a birth defect or a disease. I saw a young guy at the beach pull off his sweatshirt and it warranted a double take. Skin mutation or inked? He was inked, and from 20 feet away all I could see was this lily white torso with two purple arms attached to it. LOL. Totally hot...NOT.

Wait until the weird cancers start developing in the next few decades. That'll end the tattoo fad, and all that ink coming from China.
I posted an article in the Health subsection of this forum, showing that 85% of tattoo inks tested contain carcinogenic ingredients not listed on their respective ingredient list, found predominantly in blue and green inks.

I have never thought injecting your skin with a permanent solution sounded healthy or a good idea, regardless of my issues with tattoos, themselves.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:55 PM

2,111 posts, read 1,039,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
And my opinion is that most tattoos and women should not mix. As a man, women are the most beautiful things on this planet, physically, intellectually, and personality. Women, particularly whom we've chosen as our life partners are like a Ferrari. Rare, exotic, unique, perfect as they are.
I agree with you about tattoos (on men and women both), but you're getting into personal attraction toward the opposite sex. I've encountered several guys who think women with lots of tats are hot (probably because they're associated with strippers). The hotness won't last once it's realized that these heavily inked women are pretty much limited to either being strippers or bartenders, maybe an "influencer", because no one else wants to hire them.

By age 40-50 all of these women are going to look hideous and nobody will want them for personal or business relationships. I foresee a lot of laser surgery happening because of this, because nobody will be interested in financially supporting a 45 year old with cryptic ink stains all over her aging face and body.

Old 04-27-2024, 03:16 AM

4,881 posts, read 3,303,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Well that's just not true at all. The Daily Mail is not center-right, it's firmly right. It's not toned down at all, it's deliberately incendiary, designed for outrage. It's been banned as a Wikipedia source because of its sensationalist and unreliable reporting. It pretends to be respectable because it doesn't have a red top, but it's just a trashy tabloid for people who think they are better than everyone else. Every overblown rightwing story comes out of the Mail, it's clickbait on paper and the web.

Interesting that you paint DM with such a broad brush. I scroll through the entirety of DM every morning. I don't look at it for 'news', rather for what's going on. Because they're not making stuff up, they're passing it on from what you might call 'legit' sources around the world. The things they post about what happens in this country isn't 'sensational and unreliable reporting', it's the real life lunacy of today... as previously reported by American press.

I also look at CNN headlines daily, but only rarely go beyond that, because they have proven time and again that they wouldn't exist without a catchy headline. And whether or not that headline has any basis in truth isn't important.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:11 AM

17,361 posts, read 22,115,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post

Wait until the weird cancers start developing in the next few decades. That'll end the tattoo fad, and all that ink coming from China.
You think some of these people are going to be around in decades? Nah, tattoos are the exterior damage but consider the interior damage their bodies are experiences due to poor life choices.

Old 04-27-2024, 06:44 AM

27,225 posts, read 13,514,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Interesting that you paint DM with such a broad brush. I scroll through the entirety of DM every morning. I don't look at it for 'news', rather for what's going on. Because they're not making stuff up, they're passing it on from what you might call 'legit' sources around the world. The things they post about what happens in this country isn't 'sensational and unreliable reporting', it's the real life lunacy of today... as previously reported by American press.

I also look at CNN headlines daily, but only rarely go beyond that, because they have proven time and again that they wouldn't exist without a catchy headline. And whether or not that headline has any basis in truth isn't important.
Whilst the DM wouldn't be my paper or news source of choice, that's not to say everything in it is untrue, and in terms of current events it carries the same type of stories as most other media outlets and the same is true of sports coverage etc. The DM is a bit over the top in terms of celebrity coverage and the Royals etc.

The DM has a few articles and opinion pieces that may require further scrutiny, but so do most newspapers including those aligned to the left, and in recent years The New York Times has become a bit of a joke, as have a host of other US media outlets from CNN to MSNBC through to Fox, and even programmes such as 'The View', and the US also has similar newspapers to the DM as well as the Red Top tabloids, so to pick on the DM seems rather unfair.

I recall The New York Times stating in one of it's articles that the British staple diet is “porridge and boiled mutton†in what later became known s Mutton-gate. The paper then offered an apology for misstating the name of a London neighbourhood they visited, and that it was not called Mayfield but was known as Mayfair. Although on the plus side according to NYT we no longer consume as many jellied eels, which is high praise indeed. This being just wont example of the Anti-British sentiment that the NYT's has become famous for in more recent years.

As for the Daily Mail is basically the type of middle class newspaper that you thumb through in a Dentists or Doctors waiting, along with other publications with lots of celebrity pics such as Hello Magazine or OK etc and it has a decent enough sports section.

The Daily Mail is actually the most popular and most widely sold newspaper in the UK, whilst the MailOnline plus Daily Mail websites in the US and Australia have a combined global reach in excess of 191m visits per month, making it the most widely-read newspaper website in the entire world.

It's certainly not a go to paper or news source in terms of in-depth political analysis however that's not to say global current events reported in the DM are fictitious or untrue, and that includes the OP's story.

As for the same story it's carried in The Independent and other British and Global News Outlets.

Heavily tattooed woman laments not being able to find a job - The Independent

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-27-2024 at 07:18 AM..

Old 04-27-2024, 06:54 AM

147 posts, read 49,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You think some of these people are going to be around in decades? Nah, tattoos are the exterior damage but consider the interior damage their bodies are experiences due to poor life choices.
I know some heavily tattooed people who are productive, tax-paying citizens and take care of business.

I also know some people without tattoos who are lazy bums who survive off others and/or the taxpayers.

I still think tattoos look bad, but I judge people as individuals. I dated girls in the past with some pretty bad tattoos ... neither were bad people, just knuckleheads who made life hard on themselves. The tattoos didn't help ...

Old 04-27-2024, 07:23 AM

24,682 posts, read 9,499,679 times
The only people who can get away with disturbingly stupid tattoos, piercings, and hairstyles are self employed business owners or entrepreneurs who don't have to apply for a job because they are the job.

Perception is reality, and the perception is that most people who get these face tattoos, neck tattoos, sleeve tattoos, nose piercing are criminals, idiots, unprofessional, impulsive, or all four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Excessive tattoos indicate exterior stupidity, not interior stupidity. Interior stupidity would be people who are obese, drug abusers, alcohol abusers, and chain smokers. Travis Barker and Machine Gun Kelly are heavily tattooed and seem to be in fine health.

Do people with excessive tattoos suffer from mental insecurity? Mayne. Is there a correlation between excessive tattoos and interior harm to the body? I haven't seen it. I know plenty of people with zero tattoos who are morbidly obese, have diabetes, and chain smoke all day knowing they could have a stroke or heart attack at any moment.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-27-2024 at 07:35 AM..

Old 04-27-2024, 11:05 AM

32,671 posts, read 48,139,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
........... neither were bad people, just knuckleheads who made life hard on themselves. The tattoos didn't help ...
This is down to the very basics of why these people can' t get hired and can't find an apartment. They are knuckleheads who can't figure out that they are making life hard on themselves. The trouble with hanging out with people who make life hard on themselves is that there is always blowback that makes life hard on the people around them just by association.

If people can't get the loose ends of their lives together sufficiently to tie the knots, then the people around them are surrounded by untied knots and often have to go in afterwards and try to tie the knots that are all tangled up, or even cut, and that have to be straightened out. It's tiresome to be around people that you must clean up after and if you have a business your employees do not want to work with a person who just can't seem to get it together.

Sure, probably some people with a circus tattooed on their faces might be smart and organized, but no one wants to test a dozen employees, hoping to find the person with the tattooed face who is really on top of life and can get it done. It's more efficient to simply reject all of them, even with the very slim chance that one of them is a real winner.

Old 04-27-2024, 10:43 PM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I wouldn't hire her for a warehouse job where she never sees the public. Face tattoos and piercings are not in one of the categories you aren't allowed to consider for hiring.
For what? Any job? I am not a fan of this but it depends on the employer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events