Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 05:46 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
That's an attraction to pre puberty children.
Are you joking? A 17 year old male is anything but a pre-puberty child. Still a child legally for a short period of time, but certainly not pre-puberty.
They had the hots for each other and decided the risk was worth it. They were wrong, gambled and lost.

Last edited by marino760; 04-16-2024 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 05:49 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The age of consent in Nebraska is 16. Meaning, the crime of statutory rape did not occur in this instance.
Oops. My mistake. I should have said "sexual abuse" since that is the alleged crime in this case.

"His wife, Erin Ward, faces felony charges for sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy" from the OP's link.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:51 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Oops. My mistake. I should have said "sexual abuse" since that is the alleged crime in this case.

"His wife, Erin Ward, faces felony charges for sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy" from the OP's link.

And we all know that it's highly unlikely that 17 year old felt "sexually abused".

Who is kidding who here ?

Old 04-16-2024, 05:55 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So there must be something happening in our society that is causing it, but I am not sure what the answer is.
Undiagnosed mental illness, Bipolar disorder, along with loneliness in the marriage.
Ticking time bomb when you combine those two

Old 04-16-2024, 05:59 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And we all know that it's highly unlikely that 17 year old felt "sexually abused".

Who is kidding who here ?
Right. No one is claiming that the 17-year-old felt sexually abused. It's simply a matter of applying the law equally regardless of the gender of the 17-year-old.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:47 PM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
When i was in high schools the boys were interested in the hot high school girls...maaybe college. No one was interested in anyone's mothers....i also think mothers look different today than i was in high school (90's). There's a lot more effort that women put into their appearance to look younger it seems.
“Interested” isn’t the right term.. The males are pursued and being hormonal teens, agree for a variety of reasons. By sixth grade boys were talking about which teachers were attractive (albeit typically young ones,) and discussion about attractive mothers of peers wasn’t uncommon by high school. This isn’t a new phenomenon. While perhaps not common, one seemingly hears about it every year or so.

FWIW, the song “Stacy’s mom” came out over 20 years ago. “The Graduate” with Dustin Hoffman is almost 60 years old. In Ana Karennina, isn’t Vronsky portrayed as being younger than Ana? Emmanuel Macron married his teacher he met when he was 16 (she was 40.) Newt Gingrich married his HS teacher though the age difference was far from scandalous.

My broader point is that while rare enough to incite voyeuristic interest and discussion, it’s far from unheard of.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 606,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
“Interested” isn’t the right term.. The males are pursued and being hormonal teens, agree for a variety of reasons. By sixth grade boys were talking about which teachers were attractive (albeit typically young ones,) and discussion about attractive mothers of peers wasn’t uncommon by high school. This isn’t a new phenomenon. While perhaps not common, one seemingly hears about it every year or so.

FWIW, the song “Stacy’s mom” came out over 20 years ago. “The Graduate” with Dustin Hoffman is almost 60 years old. In Ana Karennina, isn’t Vronsky portrayed as being younger than Ana? Emmanuel Macron married his teacher he met when he was 16 (she was 40.) Newt Gingrich married his HS teacher though the age difference was far from scandalous.

My broader point is that while rare enough to incite voyeuristic interest and discussion, it’s far from unheard of.
100% accurate.

Teen boys have always talked about women teachers / staff. And yes they also talked about their peer's mom's and older sisters.

It's pretty much the culture of how boys are in our society.

I'm not saying all boys are crude about it. But you have to be deaf and blind not to see it in the typical high school setting.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I've head of guys being with 'older women' but they were usually like 5-10 years older. This woman is 28 years older. Just weird...

if older women were men's fantasies playboy and other men's magazines would be filled with women in their 40's/40's etc. Men tend to end up with younger woman...men often leave their wives for younger women. Women spend their lives trying to look...younger. Let's not pretend that old women are want men really want.

Old 04-17-2024, 05:42 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I just dont think most normal 17 year old boys would be interested in a 45 year old woman. The same could be said for a 17 year old girl and a 45 year old man. Does it happen? Yes...but thankfully it's not the norm.
a 17 year old boy wants to use his "equipment" so he is less likely to pull out the age chart.

a 17 year old girl wants the attention and likely the presents that brings from a 45 year old man.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:00 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Oh, so you're telling us that when a woman who is in her 30's or 40's has sex with a juvenile male, it's because she is IN LOVE with him and that makes it OK. Got it.

Thats what you said, not what I said.
Ill say it again maybe that will help.
I'm saying generallyyoung girls (teens not 30-40 year olds) and teen boys view sex differently. Teenage girls tend to equate sex with love while boys just see sex. Generally. Bonding vs. lust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events