Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 01:12 PM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
If the roles were reversed, what makes you think that a 17-year-old girl would be hurt by a similar situation? And I'll bet that the 17-year-old girl would be giggling and bragging to her friends too.

Why is it that females support a double standard in this type of situation? Oh, I know the answer to my question. It's because males are ALWAYS to blame regardless the age or sex of either party in the relationship... at least that the view of many (perhaps most) females. It's never their fault.

No one is supporting this.

Generally, girls equate sex with love whereas generally, boys do not. They tend to view a sexual relationship differently. That is why people assume a girl would be hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 01:13 PM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Cool let me know when 45 year old men can bang 17 year old girls and not get a 15 year sentence.
What was the case where a 45 year old teacher got 15 years for having sex witha 17 year old female student?

Old 04-16-2024, 02:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I just dont think most normal 17 year old boys would be interested in a 45 year old woman. The same could be said for a 17 year old girl and a 45 year old man. Does it happen? Yes...but thankfully it's not the norm.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:22 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
When i was in high schools the boys were interested in the hot high school girls...maaybe college. No one was interested in anyone's mothers....i also think mothers look different today than i was in high school (90's). There's a lot more effort that women put into their appearance to look younger it seems.
I wouldn't say that "no one" was interested in their friends' mothers. There's a reason why this song resonated with some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4

Old 04-16-2024, 03:26 PM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
no one's mom looked like that when i was in high school.

People are having kids older these days...again 17 year old boy and 45 year old woman is not normal.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:38 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one is supporting this.

Generally, girls equate sex with love whereas generally, boys do not. They tend to view a sexual relationship differently. That is why people assume a girl would be hurt.
Oh, so you're telling us that when a woman who is in her 30's or 40's has sex with a juvenile male, it's because she is IN LOVE with him and that makes it OK. Got it.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:15 PM

1,111 posts, read 606,309 times
Quote:
Oh, so you're telling us that when a woman who is in her 30's or 40's has sex with a juvenile male, it's because she is IN LOVE with him and that makes it OK. Got it.

She is referring to the 17 yr old girls and how they think.

You like to twist people's comments to fit your own narrative.

Either you rush read the comments or just unintelligent.

Either case, not worth the time to "debate" with.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:38 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Why do they continue to do this knowing how much trouble it can get them into? And why are the teachers always good looking?
If the teachers weren’t good looking, there wouldn’t be a story because a student wouldn’t go near them. Good thing most teachers look like teachers.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:10 PM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
She is referring to the 17 yr old girls and how they think.

You like to twist people's comments to fit your own narrative.

Either you rush read the comments or just unintelligent.

Either case, not worth the time to "debate" with.
Here is the part that you are failing to understand. The law is not based on what the 17-year-old THINKS! The law ASSUMES that 17-year-olds (male or female) are incapable of CONSENTING to having sex with a much older person. Therefore, the law DECLARES that a much older person who is having sex with a 17-year-old, is guilty of statutory RAPE regardless of what the 17-year-old THINKS about the relationship.

The fact that some 17-year-old girls are IN LOVE with their older paramour has ZERO to do with it. It's still a crime for ANY older adult to take advantage of 17-year-olds regardless of whether the 17-year-old enjoys the sex or how the 17-year-old feels about their sex partner.

If you don't feel capable of debating the issues with this "unintelligent" male, then feel free to drop out of the discussion at any time. We'll understand.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:26 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Here is the part that you are failing to understand. The law is not based on what the 17-year-old THINKS! The law ASSUMES that 17-year-olds (male or female) are incapable of CONSENTING to having sex with a much older person. Therefore, the law DECLARES that a much older person who is having sex with a 17-year-old, is guilty of statutory RAPE regardless of what the 17-year-old THINKS about the relationship.

The fact that some 17-year-old girls are IN LOVE with their older paramour has ZERO to do with it. It's still a crime for ANY older adult to take advantage of 17-year-olds regardless of whether the 17-year-old enjoys the sex or how the 17-year-old feels about their sex partner.

If you don't feel capable of debating the issues with this "unintelligent" male, then feel free to drop out of the discussion at any time. We'll understand.

The age of consent in Nebraska is 16. Meaning, the crime of statutory rape did not occur in this instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events