Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 02:05 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times

Advertisements

Cookeville's PBS station has started a series called Wish You Were Here where they explore some of the people, places, and events in the Upper Cumberland region.

Here's Episode 1 which features Rockabilly coffee shop in Carthage, the Alvin C. York State Historical Park near Jamestown, the Dale Hollow National Fish Hatchery near Celina, the Black History Museum in McMinnville, Red Silo Brewing Company in Cookeville, and the Appalachian Center for Craft on Center Hill Lake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKznXX-Yc0&t=1378s

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 02:18 PM

25 posts, read 34,407 times
Cool, thank you

Old 06-24-2022, 08:40 AM

Here's Episode 2 which features the 1806 General Store in Livingston, Short Mountain Distillery in Woodbury, Pickett CCC Memorial State Park in Byrdstown, Lost Creek State Natural Area in Sparta, and several delicious restaurants in Gainesboro. (Side note: little Gainesboro probably has more good restaurants per capita than any other town in the state. There are fewer than 1000 people in Gainesboro yet they have some of the best restaurants in the region.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0UIwXQujg0

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 06-24-2022 at 08:54 AM..

Old 06-24-2022, 10:21 AM

25 posts, read 34,407 times
thank you.

Just bought tickets to Cookeville, will be there to visit at the end of next month. Pretty excited!

Old 06-24-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen_Rider View Post
thank you.

Just bought tickets to Cookeville, will be there to visit at the end of next month. Pretty excited!
The end of July is typically the hottest and muggiest time of the year, so if you're able to endure the weather during your visit, then you'll do just fine here. Taking a dip in some area lakes or waterfalls might be something to consider while you're here.

As time approaches, be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-24-2022, 12:43 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The end of July is typically the hottest and muggiest time of the year, so if you're able to endure the weather during your visit, then you'll do just fine here. Taking a dip in some area lakes or waterfalls might be something to consider while you're here.

As time approaches, be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Kind of a funny story about July weather here. When we were considering Cookeville for retirement, I wanted my wife to get a real taste of hot and humid summer weather here. So I rented a house for the last week of July. Got here on a Sunday and it was really miserable. A bad thunderstorm came through that night and the weather was beautiful for the rest of our stay; reasonable temps and comfortable humidity. Everyone kept telling us how unusual that was.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:41 AM

Episode 3 is now posted. They eat some delicious food at Crawdaddy's West Side Grill in Cookeville, go rock climbing at Fall Creek Falls, visit Button Willow General Store in Smithville, eat and jet ski at Sunset Marina on Dale Hollow Lake, and play some golf at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tReSfiasPYM

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-20-2022, 07:05 PM

Episode 4 includes visits to some of my favorite places: Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs, historic Granville, the Smithville Fiddlers Jamboree, kayaking on Center Hill Lake to the base of Burgess Falls, and Tennessee's oldest winery, Highland Manor Winery in Jamestown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voB0A_93Sso&t=15s

Episode 5 takes us to some more beautiful areas of the Upper Cumberland: the luxury treehouse at Sulfur Ridge in Bloomington Springs, Calfkiller Brewing Company in Sparta, fishing on Dale Hollow Lake in Celina, the Overton County Heritage Museum in Livingston, and Half Hill Farm Wellness Emporium in Woodbury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PRNKbNRcrU&t=1020s

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 09-20-2022 at 07:14 PM..

Old 09-22-2022, 01:16 PM

1,292 posts, read 5,004,104 times
I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread until now, but thanks for posting these! I just watched all 5 episodes. I always enjoy visiting the area, and these give me more reason to come back.

WKNO here in Memphis has carried the Nashville PBS series "Tennessee Crossroads" for years, and I've always enjoyed those. I look forward to watching "Wish You Were Here" in the future.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCartpath View Post
I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread until now, but thanks for posting these! I just watched all 5 episodes. I always enjoy visiting the area, and these give me more reason to come back.

WKNO here in Memphis has carried the Nashville PBS series "Tennessee Crossroads" for years, and I've always enjoyed those. I look forward to watching "Wish You Were Here" in the future.
Tennessee Crossroads is a wonderful series as well.

Episode 6 is now up and running. It includes visits to a pumpkin patch and restaurant in McMinnville, the Charit Creek Lodge at Big South Fork National Recreation Area (accessible only by hiking or on horseback), Harmony Lane Farm and Creamery in Smithville (super cute goats!), the Rolley Hole Marbles Championship at Standing Stone State Park, and hiking part of the beautiful Cumberland Trail that's in Cumberland County.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpgvvcp41l4

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville