Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 07:56 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Kind of a funny story about July weather here. When we were considering Cookeville for retirement, I wanted my wife to get a real taste of hot and humid summer weather here. So I rented a house for the last week of July. Got here on a Sunday and it was really miserable. A bad thunderstorm came through that night and the weather was beautiful for the rest of our stay; reasonable temps and comfortable humidity. Everyone kept telling us how unusual that was.
I'd take hot and humid over 6 months of winter at this point. That said, though, today is our first snow day in VT. November 16th! We're late.

Tennessee is at the top of the list of places we are considering (again).
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 05:26 AM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Episode 7 of Wish You Were Here aired this week and is now on YouTube. In this episode they visit Wildwood Resort and Marina on Cordell Hull Lake in Granville, they catch a 50+ pound "river monster" (striper) on the Cumberland River in Celina (hint: the bait weighs 3 pounds), they learn how to make sorghum at the Muddy Pond Mennonite community outside of Monterey, they visit the regional airport between Cookeville and Sparta for its annual Air Fair including a ride in a hot air balloon and a 1940s-era DC-3, and then they tour the log cabin birthplace of Cordell Hull--the "Father of the United Nations"--in Byrdstown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJFDDOlJTk

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-19-2022, 04:38 AM

667 posts, read 764,534 times
I need to try Striper fishing.

I did try Calfkiller Brewing Company in Sparta. It's a hidden gem.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:48 AM

Episode 8 is now available. They start out visiting the stunning new lodge at Fall Creek Falls, then Ebel's Tavern in historic Carthage, then the Wildwood Christmas Tree Farm in Woodbury, then John's Place (first integrated bar/restaurant) in Cookeville, and end up at Gibson's Cafe in downtown Lafayette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usy2aMre4gU

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-01-2023, 06:43 AM

Season 2 has started, and the first episode aired this week. In it, they visit Forbus General Store in Pall Mall (pronounced "pal mal"), which has been operating uninterrupted since 1892, then Campfire Coffee in nearby Jamestown, then beautiful Rock Island State Park between Sparta and McMinnville, then the Cannon County Arts Center in Woodbury, and end up at Marioochi's Pizza in historic downtown Sparta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItQqDR1HUkg

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-24-2023, 06:54 PM

Episode 2 of Season 2 is now online. In this episode they visit Evins Mill Resort near Smithville, the Park Theater in downtown McMinnville, Cryptid Cafe in Moss, Roaring River Distillery in Gainesboro, and they end up at 37 Cedar in Cookeville's historic WestSide Cultural District.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6H0gNvtzVE

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-03-2023, 06:37 AM

Season 2, Episode 3: Butterfly Hollow in Smith County, Virgin Falls in White County, Cumberland Caverns in Warren County, Lazy G bison ranch in Putnam County, and the Cumberland County Playhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40S...3KJo5&index=12

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-03-2023, 10:47 AM

67 posts, read 107,925 times
Thank you for posting these! I'm not sure how I missed them before now, but I've subscribed and will be watching them all.

Visiting company and I were just at Rock Falls State Park a few weeks ago and unfortunately, with all the rain we've been having, the path to the falls was closed. Instead we went to the beach area and checked that out for the future. Got to see the Falls from a distance, and saw the Dam when we left - the amount of water being released was insane! Absolutely beautiful park.

I'm going to make a list from the videos of places hubs and I need to check out. When we have company we always take them to Sunset Rock - everyone just 'ooohs and aaaahs' as the sun sets below the horizon. A winner if the weather cooperates!

LOVE Putnam County, Cumberland and White County too. Lots to do and see!

Old 07-18-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaloo View Post
Thank you for posting these! I'm not sure how I missed them before now, but I've subscribed and will be watching them all.

Visiting company and I were just at Rock Falls State Park a few weeks ago and unfortunately, with all the rain we've been having, the path to the falls was closed. Instead we went to the beach area and checked that out for the future. Got to see the Falls from a distance, and saw the Dam when we left - the amount of water being released was insane! Absolutely beautiful park.

I'm going to make a list from the videos of places hubs and I need to check out. When we have company we always take them to Sunset Rock - everyone just 'ooohs and aaaahs' as the sun sets below the horizon. A winner if the weather cooperates!

LOVE Putnam County, Cumberland and White County too. Lots to do and see!
It's great living around here, isn't it?

Episode 4 of Season 2 is out. It features the Isha Institute of Inner Sciences in McMinnville, the Farmers' Storehouse in Sparta, Grinder House Coffee Shop in Crossville, Tuscany Inn in Hickman, and Waterloo Falls in Cookeville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mo...3KJo5&index=13

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-31-2023, 04:57 AM

Episode 5 of Season 2 has us visiting Getaway Cabins on the site of an old logging camp in Moss, Hurricane Marina on Center Hill Lake, Happy Trails Brewing Company in Sparta, Smooth Rapids Outfitters in McMinnville, and SheBrews Coffee in Lafayette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDYR...3KJo5&index=14

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville