Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 06:44 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,637,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtotown2023 View Post
Anyone know what’s being built at the old Norwalk parking lot on the corner of willow?
My best guess would be that because there hasn't been any grading at the old Norwalk site, and because the local Hyundai dealership only up until recently parked inventory there, and also because the new Hyundai site is being constructed just down the road...maybe it's a staging site for the new dealership's construction? So, really...who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 07:24 AM

13,381 posts, read 40,168,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
My best guess would be that because there hasn't been any grading at the old Norwalk site, and because the local Hyundai dealership only up until recently parked inventory there, and also because the new Hyundai site is being constructed just down the road...maybe it's a staging site for the new dealership's construction? So, really...who knows?
I was wondering the same thing. But on the other hand, the new Hyundai dealership is a couple of miles away down I-40 and is on over 80 acres where there's plenty of room for a staging site immediately adjacent to the new dealership. No need to use the old Norwalk site. Plus, the new Hyundai dealership is almost all dried in.

I did talk to a friend of mine yesterday who was involved with the surveying of the Norwalk site a couple of years ago, and at the time the surveying company referred to it as the "Target site." I asked him yesterday if Target is still coming, and he said he's no longer with that surveying company, but from what he's heard, yes, and they're getting close to starting construction. He said he's heard that all that equipment is part of the proposed shopping center, but of course at this point it's still just rumors.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-15-2024, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
Is there a sewer line running down Ditty road?
There's not. The closest is probably the line from Baxter that goes to the new Portobello ceramics plant on Ditty Rd.

I was puzzled by how the developers plan to build 850 homes on 560 acres--including an elementary school--with no sewer. Well a friend of mine who lives close to there found the site plan, and apparently the developers are going to include a water plant as part of the development. I guess that would be cheaper than extending a sewer line? I don't know. I can't imagine living in a neighborhood that has a sewage plant right there in the neighborhood even if it's a small one.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-16-2024, 03:54 AM

674 posts, read 777,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
There's not. The closest is probably the line from Baxter that goes to the new Portobello ceramics plant on Ditty Rd.

I was puzzled by how the developers plan to build 850 homes on 560 acres--including an elementary school--with no sewer. Well a friend of mine who lives close to there found the site plan, and apparently the developers are going to include a water plant as part of the development. I guess that would be cheaper than extending a sewer line? I don't know. I can't imagine living in a neighborhood that has a sewage plant right there in the neighborhood even if it's a small one.
I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEPTntzSWQ

Old 04-16-2024, 01:28 PM

262 posts, read 528,809 times
Thanks for posting the video on small wastewater systems. They actually appear to make sense for certain areas.

Old 04-24-2024, 02:43 AM

674 posts, read 777,170 times
I passed the Norwalk site and its pretty obvious its a staging site and not a construction site.

Old 05-06-2024, 04:55 PM

734 posts, read 834,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
I passed the Norwalk site and its pretty obvious its a staging site and not a construction site.
It is a staging site as confirmed in today's paper. But it's not for the new Hyundai dealership but for something being built in the Highlands Business Park.

Old Today, 06:20 AM

The Skechers store in Jackson Plaza (Belk, TJMaxx, HomeGoods, etc.) is now open. I have to admit that I've been looking forward to this one.

https://local.skechers.com/tn/cookeville/1334/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville