Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM

35,012 posts, read 57,095,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Sure, but they still make a healthy profit in the billions.
Exactly and they haven’t been shy about asking for rate increases. Notice their CEO’s salary hasn’t been affected nor their executives. When they proposed the merger they said it would save money and allow them to improve infrastructure. They seem to be forgetting the promises made.

I am normally pro business and free trade but I have yet to see anything better about Connecticut companies mergeringgwith larger ones bour banks are all gone swallowed by greedy big banks that were “too big to fail”. And yet they did. Raytheon’s take over of UTC has meant Boston and now Washington decision making. Maybe it’s time our state leaders and regulators stop believing the lies being fed to them and say no to out of state takeovers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:48 AM

2,497 posts, read 4,731,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It was a big mistake to allow Connecticut based Northeast Utilities to merge with Boston based NSTAR. Bigger is never better and after their very poor preparation and response to Tropical Storm Isaias they have a lot of nerve to ask for yet another rate increase. Outside of Alaska and Hawaii, Connecticut already has the highest electric rates in the country. This adds insult to injury. Jay
And yet, we keep voting for the people who approve steep rate increases and do nothing about the gouging. For a state that loves to regulate everything, they certainly seem to let the chips fall where they may with this company. Also, we now have the highest rates in the country. The only way to stop this is to break this company up into little pieces, and we all know perfectly well that's never going to happen, though it should.

Old Today, 10:19 AM

405 posts, read 171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
And yet, we keep voting for the people who approve steep rate increases and do nothing about the gouging. For a state that loves to regulate everything, they certainly seem to let the chips fall where they may with this company. Also, we now have the highest rates in the country. The only way to stop this is to break this company up into little pieces, and we all know perfectly well that's never going to happen, though it should.
I was amazed what it cost to conservatively cool my CT house in the summer versus another property in a considerably more warm and humid area in the same months of July/August.

Both were similar in age of construction, facing east to west, use of curtains, smart thermostat, age of windows, etc so it was a pretty comparable scenario.

Old Today, 11:27 AM

8 posts, read 4,183 times
Not to mention that changing energy suppliers is a clunky process. Customers don't know if the process will even complete or for which billing cycle it will start on.

Why does it feel like these rate increases are just rubber stamped?

Old Today, 01:40 PM

6,980 posts, read 3,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW2436 View Post
I was amazed what it cost to conservatively cool my CT house in the summer versus another property in a considerably more warm and humid area in the same months of July/August.
Same, I just got my first full month electric and gas bills for my property down south that some family moved into. I was tempted to call both - "is this a mistake?"
My last CT electric bill tripled both combined.

You Nutmeggars are chomping at the bit to get back to the voting polls to vote in the same people. Some will break Olympic 100M dash records in the process.

Old Today, 06:28 PM

405 posts, read 171,516 times
Decided to look it up and the “average” rate across a state is very broad anyways, but combined with all the junk fees CT has…like delivery fees taxes and whatever lever else is in there…

https://www.energybot.com/electricity-rates/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut