Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 06:21 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times

Advertisements

Spectrum just stopped showing Florida vs Utah right before kickoff on ESPN.

ALL ESPN content is now dark on Wrecktum!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 06:23 PM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'll be watching Florida/Utah & my UConn Huskies tonight.

Hawaii tomorrow night, and Duke/Clemson Monday night. I'll turn on LSU/Florida State on Sunday night when I get home from work assuming it's still on as scheduled.
UConn looks decent so far.

Old 08-31-2023, 06:51 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Spectrum just stopped showing Florida vs Utah right before kickoff on ESPN.

ALL ESPN content is now dark on Wrecktum!

I just discovered that the hard way! I am fairly pissed!

Old 08-31-2023, 06:52 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I just discovered that the hard way! I am fairly pissed!
SEC channel is dark as well.

Old 09-01-2023, 05:33 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I am! Just turned the Utah/Florida game on. Super pumped for tomorrow night's games and Saturday!!!
Watched the first quarter and it seemed Utah had the game in control so I walked away. Utah 24, Florida 11. Can the Gators turn it around in SEC play? Utah is not a bad team, but PSU destroyed them in the Rose Bowl. Not impressed. Yet. If they run the table in the Pac 12, the Utes will get my attention.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:05 AM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Watched the first quarter and it seemed Utah had the game in control so I walked away. Utah 24, Florida 11. Can the Gators turn it around in SEC play? Utah is not a bad team, but PSU destroyed them in the Rose Bowl. Not impressed. Yet. If they run the table in the Pac 12, the Utes will get my attention.
It was an embarrassment for the SEC. Florida was never really in the game. Too many costly mistakes. Their players were clearly not on the same page. A lot of communication errors too. It looks to be a year full of growing pains for the Gators. Napier isn't even that great of a coach, so the outlook might not be positive.

Utah won convincingly without its #1 QB and best WR. They are one of the favorites to win the PAC-12.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:08 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Default UCF vs Kent State

I watched the State of Kent State Golden Zips lose to UCF

Now a few things. First, the Kent State team had a couple of chances to make a big play and half were called by on a penalty. The team showed a few FLASHES of brilliance, but they did not execute and it shows that they have a new coach who still has the team in learning mode.

In the end, they made a few too many mistakes and failed to connect on some big plays that could have kept them in the game

On the other side of the ball, the Golden Knights controlled the line and the tempo, and made a statement that they are ready for the season. Other Big 16 teams like Baylor, Tech and dare I say Oklahoma are in for a very tough schedule with UCF as an opponent. This is a good looking team, well balanced and talented, and I predict good things for UCF this season

Old 09-01-2023, 11:26 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,463,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 4-1
Overall: 4-1

NC State (8-5 last year) @ UConn (6-7 last year) (Thursday 7:30). Jim Mora had a great year 1 for the Huskies, even at home on a Thursday night I just think the Wolfpack have too much for the Huskies.
Florida (6-7 last year) @ Utah (10-4 last year) (Thursday 8:00). Florida beat them in the swamp last year. Even with Cam Rising out or questionable, I can't see how Florida gets them again this year.
Nebraska (4-8, 3-6 last year) @ Minnesota (9-4, 5-4 last year) (Thursday 8:00). Minnesota I think had the best record of that Big 10 West quagmire last year, but fell apart once conference play started. Nebraska will want to get the Matt Rhule era off to the flying start. I see this coming down to the end, with the Gophers winning by 3.
Louisville & Stanford for tonight.

Old 09-01-2023, 11:56 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Miami will beat Miami tonight, unless they tie. I am looking forward to that game. It is being played in Miami. Both teams are predicted to do well and finish high in their respective divisions and probably see a bowl game. Could this be a PREMATCH the FIMA Emergency Bowl game of December? Or perhaps the Skid Row Homeless awareness bowl?

Either way, Miami has to play Texas A&M next week while Miami has to travel to New England to play U MESS who won big in week zero after a close game against perineal powerhouse New Mexico State, who has already been eliminated from Bowl Contention for this year.

Anyway, look for lots of plays from scrimmage, a mix of runs and passes, lots of tacklig, loud fans, bands at halftime and someone walking away with the win.

Those are my predictions for tonite, for the MUST SEE game .

If I am still awake, I will look at Hawaii for the night cap.

Old 09-01-2023, 12:54 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,017,880 times
NY Times is posting what it thinks are 6 Questions for the college football season. Here are excerpts:

1. What's the best game of the weekend?
Their answer: LSU-Florida State on Sunday night. Both teams could be CFP contenders, but a loss puts pressure on FSU to run the table from there.

2. What's the best game of the year, right now?
Their answer: Ohio State’s road game at Michigan. ...two teams people view as legitimate national title contenders, and it just happens to be the most bitter rivalry, which Michigan has taken back the last two years by spanking the Buckeyes. Ohio State is built like Alabama and Georgia, while Michigan has done a tremendous job of developing lower-ranked recruits into NFL Draft picks.

3. How weird is this year going to be in light of conference realignment?
Their answer: it really is going to be an odd season, the last of its kind considering just how much conference movement will be finalized next summer — in addition to the CFP expanding next year. So, let's treasure the rivalries and the history and all that jazz.

4. Colorado will have one of the brightest spotlights and maybe one of the worst rosters. What's our realistic expectation?
Their answer: the surest bet will be “improvement.” That said, I’ve talked to a lot of coaches around the country who have scoffed at the idea that adding 69 scholarship newcomers in one offseason can work. But talent is talent, and they’re using a cousin of the Baylor power spread on offense and Alabama’s 3-4 on defense. It may look messy at times. A bowl game would be a monumental achievement, but the schedule is brutal, and three to five wins seems more realistic

5.What transfer makes the biggest impact this year?
Their answer: We put Notre Dame quarterback Sam Hartman No. 1 in our transfer portal top 100 last week, and his Week 0 debut certainly made us feel good about that.

6. What's the funniest possible outcome this year?
Their answer: Oregon State, left behind by realignment, wins the final (probably) Pac-12 Championship against the Big Ten's USC, beats Georgia or whoever in a Playoff semifinal and beats Clemson — former home of Beavs quarterback DJ Uiagalelei — in the title game.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football