Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 09:51 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

I just returned from Vegas. 5 Pounds heavier, in spite of walking 5 to 7 miles a day.

Now everyone asks, did you win any money? Yes, we won more than we lost, because we are very low stakes sporadic bettors, but we spent more in food and the arcade

That being said, HARRAHs (Caesars) sports book has the early 2024 College Football Championship odds and the ALMA MATER is DEAD LAST at 200,000 to 1 Dead Last

Last team printed in the sheet that I photographed but left there as not to carry around something so disrespectful of the Mean Green on St Patrick's Day even

SO COnsidering a few factors
One Scheduling

The team has potential with an easy schedule to be bowl eligible. Early home game vs Wyoming (which the cat will be attending as well as a road game to Mepmphis will be challenging. As well as conference rival UTSA

But past that, there are some winnable games.
The problem is
Two
Poor defense THe Not so mean defense has not made any notable changes. Matt Caproni has been less than impressive in 2023, and has not signed or transferred the talent where needed on defense.

On offense however, depth abounds and a "next man up" roster can keep the ball moving at least as easily as last season.

Problem is, while the mean Green Move the ball with ease, they seem to have no ability to prevent the opponents from doing the same. And they do not have depth at defense to run the "next man up" defense which got them their last Bowl win a long long time ago.

So yeah 200,000 to 1 odds are about right. A 5 loss season is all but guaranteed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 03:44 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
I woulda bought a minimum bet just to have the 200,000/1 ticket as a souvenir.

Am a Longhorn fan, but got lucky in the summer of 2005 when I went to Bally’s and put down a Benjamin for the Horns to win it all at 6/1 odds.
Wasn’t so lucky in 2009 when doing the same, and Colt McCoy was knocked out of the Rose Bowl game in the 1st quarter.

Old 03-21-2024, 05:59 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I woulda bought a minimum bet just to have the 200,000/1 ticket as a souvenir.

Am a Longhorn fan, but got lucky in the summer of 2005 when I went to Bally’s and put down a Benjamin for the Horns to win it all at 6/1 odds.
Wasn’t so lucky in 2009 when doing the same, and Colt McCoy was knocked out of the Rose Bowl game in the 1st quarter.
I do not know what the minimum bet was, but being that we walked the strip trying to find $1 roulette to no avail, it was probably more than I wanted to pay.

I found that the Mean Green are 115 out of 134 on CBS preseason poll..... Honestly, they got a few potentially good defense transfers but I am concerned with the lack of a scheme by the defensive coach last year. Methinks he may be in way over his head as a defensive coordinator. He has very little experience as a defensive back coach, and very little at that...mostly as a grad assistant coach.
I had hoped for a new meaner defense but not this year.

Maybe what they need to do is get the two meanest defensive players the mean Green ever had, I am talking about Mean Joe Greene and Stone COld Steve Austin to show up at practice and give the players a little "Motivational" talk

Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
I, along with many others, was very surprised Todd Dodge was totally unable to produce a single winning season during his tenure at NT.
Some guys apparently are just not cut out to be head coaches at the college level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football