Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:02 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

We have a NEW #1 and it is NORTH TEXAS !!!!!

Bottom 10: Made-up rivalries and Monday meet the Bottom 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 11:15 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
We have a NEW #1 and it is NORTH TEXAS !!!!!

Bottom 10: Made-up rivalries and Monday meet the Bottom 10
I've always enjoyed the Bottom Ten! I've especially grown fond of their Pillow Fight of the Week, and the Byes of Open Date University, which I-Duh-Ho just lost to last week.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:00 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I've always enjoyed the Bottom Ten! I've especially grown fond of their Pillow Fight of the Week, and the Byes of Open Date University, which I-Duh-Ho just lost to last week.
I personally find the Bottom 25 better.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I personally find the Bottom 25 better.
Thanks, I'll stick it in a brown paper bag and peruse it later!

Old 10-19-2015, 04:15 PM

I would guess that UNT will be FIRST in the POLL again this week, after all, Kansas had a legitimate top 25 opponent
North Texas was number one in the bottom 25 too.....

The problem is not just the coaching, it goes deeper than that, but it does wind like a fecal tributary through Athletic director Rick Villareal's office. He may build semi nice stadiums and good bathrooms for the weightlifting facility, but he does not know anything about winning on the sports field.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:13 PM

THE MEAN GREEN are here in Florida this weekend the play the ALLIGATORS in Gainesville. This is akin to jobbing in Professional Wrestling, where one gets $25 to go out and lose to a far better, more popular opponent. In the Wrestling business, this is referred to as a job, or if it it totally one sided, then it is called a "Squash Match". Not sure how much North Texas gets, but it had better be worth something.
On a far better note, at least North Texas WON Their "Squash match" last week against the lower tiered school. WHich is good, because last year, Division 4 C Portland State came in and beat the green snot out of North Texas .....right there in Apology Stadium in Denton

For the Florida Alligators, This amounts to more or less a practice game. They will be blocked by 260 pound linemen, will be chasing a freshman QB (Who seems better than the transfer from Alabama) and will probably not have a repeat of week one's slow game VS UMass.

However, I would love to see North Texas come in playing hard nose ball, and make this into a game. North Texas needs to get back to playing Mean Green Ball, like they did a few seasons ago when they won a bolw game. That season, they played a very mean, aggressive game. Sadly, sine=ce then, they have been the "Not so Mean Green"

Either way, I am at least glad to have a chance to see them on TV For once. As for the local rednecks who follow SEC Football and say , through their toothless mouths "Well, Conference USA Aint no thang in football" I can point out that at least I finished college, even if it was At North Texas*

*Although, after graduating there, I went on and pursued other educational studies at other colleges.....

Old 11-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Wow. Bottom10 last year. And then this year looking at a bowl
IF. The MeanGreencan win on the road against csua power house UTEP
Then one of those 124 bowl games will feature THE MEANGREEN. Of North Texas![/color]

Old 11-22-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Wow. Bottom10 last year. And then this year looking at a bowl
IF. The MeanGreencan win on the road against csua power house UTEP
Then one of those 124 bowl games will feature THE MEANGREEN. Of North Texas![/color]
Hmmm...

I wonder if the Cat Man is back from his travels?

Old 11-23-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Hmmm...

I wonder if the Cat Man is back from his travels?
no
I have LIMITED Computer access here and limited time so I will be back home LATE LATE FRiday night
But the travels are going well

Old 11-24-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
no
I have LIMITED Computer access here and limited time so I will be back home LATE LATE FRiday night
But the travels are going well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football