Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM

328 posts, read 995,937 times

Advertisements

You crossed the border for an olive garden? Lol! you must really live close to the border or really like olive garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,280,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling View Post
You crossed the border for an olive garden? Lol! you must really live close to the border or really like olive garden.
Well, their bread sticks ARE divine! I'd probably cross over just for those!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Something amazing happened on our way to the Olive Garden on Sunday. We were already on the bridge with no way to turn around when we realized my 93 year old father in law did not have his passport with him. Now, there is no way you can get into the USA without one, right? Well, I was just blown away when the border guard let him in. I'm thinking that guard probably does not even have the authority to do that!!!!!
this happened to a young female friend of mine (like 22 years old), guess the guards have to be in a good mood

Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling View Post
Carrabas owns Olive Garden IMHO

Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 PM

328 posts, read 995,937 times
I totally agree with that! Their ministrone is out of this world.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,223,721 times
Quote:
Something amazing happened on our way to the Olive Garden on Sunday. We were already on the bridge with no way to turn around when we realized my 93 year old father in law did not have his passport with him. Now, there is no way you can get into the USA without one, right? Well, I was just blown away when the border guard let him in. I'm thinking that guard probably does not even have the authority to do that!!!!!
Someone recently got it to the US with a picture of his passport that was on his iPad. He forgot his pasport but had it scanned in to the iPad (it was in the Toronto Star). I found that hard to believe so getting in with no passport is really something.

Many years ago they separated my mom from my 84 year old grandmother (who was from Ireland and had angina) and gave her th once over, grilling her etc. My mom was so angry that they would stress out someone who is so old and obviously no threat. I guess it all depends on who you get and you lucked our lucknow.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Well, we like the Olive Garden and we were sad when they closed all their Canadian stores years ago. About 80% of the cars in the parking lot were Canadian so there must be a lot that feel the same. We went shopping later at the factory outlet mall and about half the cars were Canadian plated.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Well, we like the Olive Garden and we were sad when they closed all their Canadian stores years ago. About 80% of the cars in the parking lot were Canadian so there must be a lot that feel the same. We went shopping later at the factory outlet mall and about half the cars were Canadian plated.
well that goes without saying, that whole area relies on Canadian customers..but DON'T tell the border guards at the US border that (my girl made that mistake, he was so angry he almost didnt let us pass)

Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM

352 posts, read 1,003,693 times
Valentine's Day, Yikes. It's my lady's turn to host this year. Meeting her in Surrey and then to Downtown Vancouver for some dinner and some other surprise plans she's got prepared for me lol

Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
It's my dearest darling's birthday to day. I bought her a nice charm for her bracelet and let her have a snooze this afternoon while I minded her daycare kiddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada