Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 05:31 AM

4,070 posts, read 2,411,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Bronny got a 40.5 inch vertical, very good. Bryce at around 6'3 barefoot at least can be a backup sg, or pg. Well see if lebron plays year 24. Out of both sons probably bryce has a better shot of staying in the nba after lebron retires due to being taller. Bronny must only train to be a pg.

I really thought bronny would be at minnimum 6'2.5, bryce 6'4.
Yeah, he's got some hops to him. I am just a tad shorter than him at 6' even. I used to be able to dunk but I needed some momentum. No standing vertical dunks for me. He seems to soar through the air with ease so he has some athleticism and he can shoot lights out. What I haven't seen from him is creating his own shot. Wiggle to his game, handle. He needs that at his height. Too small for a combo or shooting guard. He should have been working on that in jr. high into high school. Well, we're here now and ESPN/NBA is forcing him down our throats so he better produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GlJZt2eksY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 05:35 AM

He's shooting threes no problem at the combine. Easy to do when no one is defending him. Looking forward to his 5 on 5 work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-06Vdbt5jwU

Old 05-14-2024, 05:38 AM

30,282 posts, read 11,924,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Bronny got a 40.5 inch vertical, very good. Bryce at around 6'3 barefoot at least can be a backup sg, or pg. Well see if lebron plays year 24. Out of both sons probably bryce has a better shot of staying in the nba after lebron retires due to being taller. Bronny must only train to be a pg.

I really thought bronny would be at minnimum 6'2.5, bryce 6'4.
Looking at mock drafts it does not look like Bronny is likely to get drafted at all. And that is before his actual height was revealed. I think the Lakers have a 2nd round pick. But if they are the only team remotely looking to bring him aboard they don't need to waste a pick on him. Just sign him as a undrafted rookie and put him in the G league. And just bring him up for a bit when a roster spot opens due to injury or whatever. Then give him 5 minutes of garbage time with his dad. Bucket list item completed. Then he is on his own to earn a spot in the league. He could end up like Gary Payton III and work hard to stay in the NBA. But my gut feeling is that won't happen.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-14-2024 at 05:48 AM..

Old 05-14-2024, 05:50 AM

I think a TJ McConnell would be a good comparison. Defensive minded short guard that hustles and creates opportunities for himself and teammates. Even McConnell has a handle which I haven't seen from Bronny. I just don't know. Heck, I would do it for my sons but I would want them to succeed, too.

Old 05-14-2024, 01:39 PM

5/14 Bronny update. 4 pts, 4 boards? Same stat line he had at USC. Not comfortable with the ball in his hands? Here's my coach talk. "Timeout! Bronny sit next to me."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...c9ccd835893102

Bronny James impressed on his first day of the NBA Combine, shooting well during the drills and reaching a 40.5-inch max vertical.

His second day, which included a 5-on-5 scrimmage, was not as successful. He started at point guard for Team St. Andrews and had four points and four rebounds across 19 minutes.

The shooting he showcased on Day 1 wasn't there as he missed a handful of open and contested shots. Furthermore, he wasn't always confident with the ball in his hands. He picked up a few turnovers trying to find teammates.

Old 05-15-2024, 06:28 AM

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/sports...lebron-in-nba/

Bronny James’ priority is just to get to the NBA — and not trying to team up with his father. While much has been made of LeBron James — the superstar father of Bronny — and his comments about wanting to play with his son in the NBA someday, the younger James doesn’t have that high as a priority. “My dream has always just been to put my name out, make a name for myself, and get to the NBA,†James told reporters at the draft combine on Tuesday in Chicago. “Which is everyone’s end goal that’s here. I never thought about just playing with my dad, but of course, he’s brought it up a couple of times. But yeah, I don’t think about it much.â€

I, truly, don't believe him. We'll see.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:59 AM

32,182 posts, read 34,866,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Yeah, he's got some hops to him. I am just a tad shorter than him at 6' even. I used to be able to dunk but I needed some momentum. No standing vertical dunks for me. He seems to soar through the air with ease so he has some athleticism and he can shoot lights out. What I haven't seen from him is creating his own shot. Wiggle to his game, handle. He needs that at his height. Too small for a combo or shooting guard. He should have been working on that in jr. high into high school. Well, we're here now and ESPN/NBA is forcing him down our throats so he better produce.
He can shoot lights out when being unguarded.

Maybe Bronny will make a fine pro but I almost never put weight on combine showings. I put more weight on game performance. Some guys perform great in drills but don't perform well under the pressure of a real game. And some guys are the opposite. People have already forgotten that Wemby was being called a bust after his first shootaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4UCunIl9Q

Old 05-15-2024, 09:31 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,595,636 times
As of 2024, why should he be drafted?
There's nothing about his game that stands out.

He feels like a possible sympathy player signing to have on your bench like Giannis' brother.
All this hype about him yet his talent is far less Lonzo Ball. Bronny's stats are sub-par and nothing about him shows elite athleticism.

He gets fast tracked to the NBA draft with previous heart issues and hasn't shown any highlights in college? Stop all this nonsense. The kid should create his own career path rather than doing it mostly for his prima donna big ego selfish Dad who said he wants to be the first to play with his on in the league. He did not say he wants his son to make it in the NBA. He wants to play with his son. This man is just selfish and wants all the attention. There's more players who were far more deserving of being McDonalds All-American. Many say his Dad worked that out for him.

LeBron James went to the Lakers to cast a shadow on Kareem with the most career points.
He's trying to cast a shadow on the great Laker, Kobe Bryant. (not gonna work).

Now he's trying to outshine Richard Williams w/ Bronny and Bryce to make it to the pros like Serena and Venus. It serves LeBron right that both likely won't make it in the pros.

Old 05-16-2024, 05:05 AM

30,282 posts, read 11,924,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post

LeBron James went to the Lakers to cast a shadow on Kareem with the most career points.
He's trying to cast a shadow on the great Laker, Kobe Bryant. (not gonna work).
I disagree. LeBron joined the Lakers because he wanted to be in LA for business reasons and wanted to play there with AD. And of course easier to sign free agents there than in Cleveland. He was going to pass Kareem no matter where he played. And do explain what Bronny has to do with Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Now he's trying to outshine Richard Williams w/ Bronny and Bryce to make it to the pros like Serena and Venus. It serves LeBron right that both likely won't make it in the pros.
Lots of siblings make the NBA together, maybe you are not aware of that. Look at the Ball Bros, Curry Bros, Rick Barry's sons, Lopez and Thompson twins. I could go on and on. Yet your example is tennis players with a father that was not a tennis great and somehow that is a connection to LeBron and his sons. If Richard Williams was near the top of the tennis world when his girls became pro you might have something there. But that was not the case. Only example even close would be Ken Griffey and his son playing baseball together. Like it or not if LeBron plays with Bronny next season it will be huge ratings for the NBA when that first game happens.

Old 05-18-2024, 01:13 PM

24,817 posts, read 9,583,652 times
Bronny will be an undrafted free agent to the Lakers, this isn't rocket science.

He's an undersized poorly shooting point guard with zero initiative to score. His ceiling is a role player like Gary Payton Jr.

Lebron clearly never taught Bronny how to shoot, but one would think he could afford personal coaches for that.

At the end of the day, nepotism wins again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball