Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'd go somewhere between 91-95 when it's all said and done. Definitely above 90.
Agreed especially if they can stay healthier than they were last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 12:04 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
AND give the starters a couple runs to work with as well would be a big help. It seemed like through August, Stras would only give up 2 runs, but the team would still lose because they'd do nothing on offense, and the defense would commit 2 or 3 errors behind him.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:34 AM

Time to give this thread a much needed boost in uptick.

2014 NL East division champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet, and fun ride this has been this year. To celebrate on the field of our arch-nemesis even better! And to accomplish this feat, with 87 wins, playing with our projected opening day lineup together for all of about 20 games this year (Ramos got hurt opening day, out until early May. Ryan Zimmerman got hurt the fist time mid April out until early June. Harper was on the DL from late April to the last day of June. LaRoche was out for 2.5 weeks in May, Ramos got hurt again; out from mid may-late June. And just when we got the whole gang back together Zimmerman suffered a quad injury on July 22 which will likely keep him out until the final series of the regular season vs. the Marlins if not longer) may have been the biggest accomplishment of all. I've been down on Matty at some times this year (mainly his horrible use of the bullpen early on) but really he's done a pretty good job. Hasn't let the players lose track of the ultimate goal this year. Sure, winning the division was the first step and likely a lot of regulars get a much needed, and deserved day off tomorrow, but Matty & Steve McCatty will have the gang ready to go, and back to business Thursday in Miami. We need this NL best record I want absolutely no part of the Cardinals or the Dodgers in the short 5 game series.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Reading through this year. They would have easily surpassed 90 by now if they were healthy all year. I'm thinking loss tomorrow, win 3/4 in Miami, sweep the Mets, and split 2/4 with the Marlins to end the season. That would still leave them at 95 wins.....pretty good considering where they were on May 29 (25-27, had lost 8 of their last 11 games. Just got laRoche back, were about to get Zim back, still a month of getting Harper back and Ramos had gotten hurt again).

Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Congratulations to the Nationals on winning the National League East Division title. Teams that step up to play in all facets of the game do great things. Winning the division is one of them.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:39 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
Rizzo should get Executive of the Year for stealing Fister and for the Span acquisition, which wasn't fully appreciated at the time since Nats already had the most over-hyped professional player in history this side of Brian Bosworth in CF. While Fister did what he was capable of, IMO, Span really changed the offensive and defensive dynamics of the team. I like their team makeup, although they could still use a better bench and I'm not certain Asdrubel really fixes the SS position.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
after last year's beaning war and the braves pretty much owning us and laughing at us and making fun of us, I was waiting, just waiting for a chance for sweet revenge! And to take the division crown in their own backyard was SWEEEETTT!!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
after last year's beaning war and the braves pretty much owning us and laughing at us and making fun of us, I was waiting, just waiting for a chance for sweet revenge! And to take the division crown in their own backyard was SWEEEETTT!!
About the only thing that could come close to this is the Syracuse Chiefs beating them as well tonight to all but eliminate them from the Wildcard.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:43 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
I guess it was too much to ask, a bunch of minor leaguers vs. a bunch of starters on a team who still has hope (albeit a slim one) to make the playoffs

Old 09-25-2014, 01:52 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
Do you think we'll know the start times of the divisional series by tomorrow or Saturday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball