Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:01 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times

Advertisements

Woodlands

Thank you for the article. I postes my comment just before you posted it. They have debunked the theft myth which makes sense to me.

Edit: There are reports from WBAL that thefts were part of the problem. I am simply confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
Speculation on top of speculation.....the norm.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:32 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Speculation on top of speculation.....the norm.

To add to the speculation and intrigue. There was a comment from the Mayors Office on some type of effort to KEEP Target in the City.... This rings of another golden incentive package which may work until the next time they are ready to pack up.. Now this is when all those taxpayer sponsored trips to the Shopping Center Conference in Vegas should pay off if we have been going for decades and spending thousands of dollars for City Staff and Politicos to attend to meet with businesses in order to lure them to the City.. We should have an nice rolodex of numbers to corporate CEO at other retailers ready to call up and tour the soon to be vacant store... Right? Yeah Right....

Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 PM

605 posts, read 669,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
To add to the speculation and intrigue. There was a comment from the Mayors Office on some type of effort to KEEP Target in the City.... This rings of another golden incentive package which may work until the next time they are ready to pack up.. Now this is when all those taxpayer sponsored trips to the Shopping Center Conference in Vegas should pay off if we have been going for decades and spending thousands of dollars for City Staff and Politicos to attend to meet with businesses in order to lure them to the City.. We should have an nice rolodex of numbers to corporate CEO at other retailers ready to call up and tour the soon to be vacant store... Right? Yeah Right....
Target isn't exactly abandoning Baltimore, they still have a store in Canton Crossing which is pretty busy. That being said I was sort of surprised they decided to open up a location in Mondawmin Mall to begin with.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:02 PM

80 posts, read 55,829 times
Very sorry to hear Target is leaving Mondawmin. I much preferred it to driving way out to the suburbs or to the congested Canton area.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:24 PM

The tale of two Targets, a Baltimore segregation story - Baltimore Sun

Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Sad to see it go.. I don't know what they can get to replace it.
How about something locally owned?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Eddies lol

Old 11-21-2017, 08:04 AM

777 posts, read 880,474 times
Quote:
K-Mart (k stands for Korea)
Four Below (and a thumb above)
Hon's (where every product has
the word Hon on it. Where every
employee ends every sentence
with Hon).

Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:

One popular idea that I heard thrown around was an entertainment complex like the Shake and Bake on Pennsy.. You could have rollerskating, bowling, video games and a movie theatre all in the same place. For one.. offering teens something to do in/close to their neighborhood may keep downtown from being overrun with teens..two, there will be security so teens can recreate safely along with other families...

If I were the City I would get Target to lease/sell it to the City for a nominal fee (they can write off the difference) and then the City contract with a credible and experience operator to run the facility and hire people from the community. Just a thought....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore