Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 09:16 AM

22,390 posts, read 29,512,450 times

Advertisements

Lexus GX or TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 08:31 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,272,199 times
Acura MDX is the way to go. Transmission issues are yesterday’s news I believe. I’ve owned nothing but Honda vehicles since 1990 and never had a tranny issue! Same with my current MDX.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:50 AM

19,103 posts, read 27,690,868 times
QX 60 or QX 80. My neighbor, a celebrity, is on the third one, and that's after Escalades and the standard rapper SUV toys. Reliable. Tanks. I own QX 56, never had a car that felt that solid.

Old 05-06-2024, 10:58 AM

345 posts, read 804,560 times
Lexus GX460 (last generation). Sometimes I get to drive my brother's GX 470, it is so quiet and settle. I want to buy a new one, but the V6 is a big thumbs down. 280,000 miles, it doesn't feel like a high mileage SUV and with TRD wheels, it looks like an off-roader. I believe it is full-time AWD, but just the quietness really make me want this SUV. Avoid Macan, stay as far as possible. My co-worker had 1, it gave her constant problems that she traded it for a Lexus. The best and most important thing about German cars is that they are built really tough, strong metal. If you want to have fun and thrill, go German because they are built very close to race cars, ride on rail. If money isn't a problem, go with you want. For my money, I get a GX460.

Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM

354 posts, read 273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
Lexus GX460 (last generation). Sometimes I get to drive my brother's GX 470, it is so quiet and settle. I want to buy a new one, but the V6 is a big thumbs down. 280,000 miles, it doesn't feel like a high mileage SUV and with TRD wheels, it looks like an off-roader. I believe it is full-time AWD, but just the quietness really make me want this SUV. Avoid Macan, stay as far as possible. My co-worker had 1, it gave her constant problems that she traded it for a Lexus. The best and most important thing about German cars is that they are built really tough, strong metal. If you want to have fun and thrill, go German because they are built very close to race cars, ride on rail. If money isn't a problem, go with you want. For my money, I get a GX460.
Lexus is not German. Lexus is Japanese.

Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM

354 posts, read 273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
I don't recommend the Porsche Macan. It drove great until 40k miles than something felt off with the handling/suspension. The Macan is very small, I couldn't even fit all my shopping bags in the trunk let alone luggage.

I drove the Cayenne several times. It drove great, it definitely felt more heavier than the Macan and is more spacious. I just couldn't justify the price for it as the interior feels/looks cheaply made as well as the back bumper was black plastic trim very strange.

I suggest Audi sQ5, Audi sQ8 BMW x3m, BMW x5, Mercedes-Benz GLC or GLE the AMG versions. Range Rover Sport or Velar, Jaguar F-Pace. I wish we had more options in high end luxury suvs but sadly we don't. Also, it's better to lease and get out of it before the warranty is up and into something new. I like leasing because when the cars get too old things start to break so I'm out of it way before that happens.
Edit to my previous post: I have to put the Cayenne back on the list. After being constantly contacted by many Porsche dealers I was wheeled in, convinced, and couldn't resist a deal they gave me on a brand new 2024 Porsche Cayenne. It is beautiful! Absolutely fantastic, super comfortable, and really fun to drive! It honestly drives so great, I can't even explain the joy I get every time I drive it. The MSRP was over $100k but definitely worth it. You get what you pay for. The Cayenne is a thousand times better than my old Macan, it is literally like night and day. Drives much better, more powerful engine, and more space. Definitely can feel it's a level up.

Also, I want to mention that Porsche really improved/upgraded the 2024 Cayenne a lot from the previous model year. The 2024 model year has been redesigned and I didn't realize before that the 2024 Cayenne has a lot of new safety driving features too. I'm sorry to say but it really beats out everything else. The interior in the newly updated/redesigned 2024 Cayenne resembles a lot of the 911. You won't understand unless you test drive the 2024 model year Cayenne. The front passenger side even has it's very own screen that can watch stream videos/movies on, it's very fun, super cool, great performance suv. I highly recommend a 2024 Porsche Cayenne. Increase your budget and get one LOL, they hold their values pretty well too!

Old Today, 07:26 AM

10,945 posts, read 4,610,728 times
late to the game and whiney, but dont spend 60-75k on ANY depreciating 'asset'.

unless you got spare money to **** away.

and if you MUST **** it away, send it to me, want to repaint the squarebody...

Old Today, 06:25 PM

1,503 posts, read 805,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
late to the game and whiney, but dont spend 60-75k on ANY depreciating 'asset'.

unless you got spare money to **** away.

and if you MUST **** it away, send it to me, want to repaint the squarebody...
Many people enjoy owning a fine vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive