Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times

Advertisements

NY NY & the Purple Onion & Katmandu, etc. I lived in Augusta when ex-wife was at Ft Gordon. Anyone know what places are still around? Been almost 25 yrs since was in Augusta. But I do miss my early 20s & the parties we had. Just talking w/ a friend about the good times I had back then. I worked at both Augusta & Regency malls in my 1 yr there. I loved Augusta people, though I hear alot has changed & crime has gone way up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 AM

I guess no one remembers.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 AM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Well, a lot has changed in Augusta in the past 25 years, many things for the better, some for the worse. I don't really think that crime has gone way up, but it likely has increased some, but that comes hand in hand with increase in population. Of those places that you mentioned, I don't think that any of them are still around to be honest.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks Dave. I've not found any of those places even talked of online. I guess they, like Regency Mall, have long since gone. Oh well, I do wish it was those days rather than 25 yrs later though. Thanks for replying.

I worked w/ a girl at Augusta Mall, that I'd like to get in touch w/ but have no idea how. I tried online searches but her name is way too common, thus too many names come up.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 PM

11 posts, read 31,726 times
I worked in Augusta Mall for 5 years during the early 90s.... what store did she work at??

Old 02-13-2014, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 8,787 times
Default I know what you're talkin about!

I was stationed at Ft Gordon between 1984 and 1986. I was there when Hogies was out the back gate. I was there to drink Long Island Iced Tea at the Bull Dog at I worked at the Purple Onion. I can't remember the old lady's name who owned it but she was ok... remember the happy hour buffet of little finger sandwiches and ranch dressing? Lets go back to Regency Mall... the mexican restaurant ... they had the best tostadas! Those were the days... Oh heck.. I was 20 years old! Good days

Old 03-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyabellelee View Post
I was stationed at Ft Gordon between 1984 and 1986. I was there when Hogies was out the back gate. I was there to drink Long Island Iced Tea at the Bull Dog at I worked at the Purple Onion. I can't remember the old lady's name who owned it but she was ok... remember the happy hour buffet of little finger sandwiches and ranch dressing? Lets go back to Regency Mall... the mexican restaurant ... they had the best tostadas! Those were the days... Oh heck.. I was 20 years old! Good days
Haha, reviving a thousand yr old thread!

Yes, Onion, NY NY, Katman's -- was drunk at 'em all! LOL

Wow, still trying to find a girl, named Dianne D, I worked w/ at Augusta mall shoe store with her. Have no idea how to rekindle an OLD relationship/we were friends, but she was w/ me when I was going thru divorce w/ ex-Army wife stationed at Ft Gordon.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 16,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
NY NY & the Purple Onion & Katmandu, etc. I lived in Augusta when ex-wife was at Ft Gordon. Anyone know what places are still around? Been almost 25 yrs since was in Augusta. But I do miss my early 20s & the parties we had. Just talking w/ a friend about the good times I had back then. I worked at both Augusta & Regency malls in my 1 yr there. I loved Augusta people, though I hear alot has changed & crime has gone way up.
I know this is late, just came across it. I was in Ft. Gordon in 1984. Used to spend lots of time at Katmandu's and a country bar that was not far from it. Also in either Regency Mall or Augusta mall there was a bar called the Bulldog that we would hang at. It was of course a college bar. I was 18-19 and drinking age in GA was 18 then.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:39 PM

3 posts, read 16,805 times
Also, do you remember a club in town called The Discotech?

Old 06-04-2017, 05:38 AM

450 posts, read 596,759 times
The Wooden Barrel, Cuz's Place with the black crock pot with free food. Only thing one rarely knew what was cooking in it. The Morning Calm lounge with disco and friendly ladies. Richard's place with the nastiest drunks in town. VFW 649 with the best Halloween parties in town. Charlie's bird store whose motto was "I sell swallows" Best cheeseburgers available at the time.
Sorry about rambling but the memories just came flooding back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area