Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:17 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,806,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I'm interested in other's thoughts, but remember this can't be a political discussion. We need to confine ourselves to discussion of Let us not get into specifics of what they want or how that fits with what party, etc. Just the principle of extending influence or control outside the in-group.

I see this as a serious and dangerous problem, based on what I observe and how it compares to what I was seeing from the inside back in the day (pre-1995 or so).
I'm afraid that the fundamentalists are ramping up their intrusiveness into what we consider a must; separation of church and state. This has a lot to do with lack of intelligence and the ignorance of the people who follow the fundamentalists.

Just watch some videos of the random questions asked of certain people on the street and who they support. All your questions will be answered when you see just how much ignorance there is. Those pushing and forcing their religious agenda, with the help of their poor ignorant sheeple who don't know any better, are pretty lowdown if you ask me.

It IS a serious and dangerous problem Mordant, and as usual I think their reasoning behind pushing so hard is that the fundamentalists believe the time is near and we're doomed. Got to save those heathens. So, they are going to force it on everyone. Full throttle until they come sliding into the pearly gates. LOL some are going to bang right into those gates and they will be burning in that hell with the rest of us.

The fact that they take delight in their fantasy that we're going to burn in hell for all of eternity if we don't listen and turn is just one more reason to not give them what they want. It's sick that they actually enjoy the thought of anyone that doesn't believe like they do is going to an eternal hell. I am so very proud of these young people who aren't buying the bull anymore, the j-i-g (why is that word not allowed?)is up and they cannot be forced into believing fairy tales are real.

Quote:
whether evangelicals, on balance, merely want an equal voice in the public square, or want more control of beliefs / behaviors outside their in-group, whether via politics or other means.
This is a very generous statement because they do not want equality, they want to rule the government and convert the entire world to Christianity. After all, it is the only one true religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism