Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times

Advertisements

I mainly use it in a diffuser to scent my house, but have also scented lotion with it and put it in my bath. My favorites are lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and any citrus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 10:20 PM

97 posts, read 209,966 times
lavender and lemongrass......also sandalwood and a little patchouli and tangerine.

A really nice oil blend perfume is called, "LOVE". It smells so nice. It's Egyptian Goddess with white musk and something else, not sure. It's from a brand called Auric.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:14 PM

7 posts, read 40,121 times
I use essential oils in my massage practice and in my home all the time. They key is making sure you are using pure oils, most store bought oils are not 100% pure and contain alchool or filler oils.
I get mine online at Organic Essential Oils Snow Lotus Aromatherapy they have great organic essential oils I love them!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,673,781 times
Default i mix together peppermint oil and cypress essential

oil along with salt and water to deter roaches. works pretty good so far

Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Spring is right around the corner I would recommend peppermint in strategic areas to deter ants from coming in.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Agreed I am a massage therapist and have been using EOs for about 3 years now. I have tried a lot of different brands but nothing comes close to real 100% pure oils. Young Living is good,Snow Lotus is the best I have found. They have real organic essential oils from around the world, they are a small company based in Cali. Great people. snowlotus.org

Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,428,112 times
Certain oils should be used with caution if someone has a medical history or is pregnant.

I would recommend buying a good book by a reputable aromatherapist.

I use "The fragrant Pharmacy" by Valerie Ann Worwood.It's available on Amazon UK new , but only seems to be available used on Amazon.com

Looks like she wrote several other books, one called "The fragrant heavens"

Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic411 View Post
Agreed I am a massage therapist and have been using EOs for about 3 years now. I have tried a lot of different brands but nothing comes close to real 100% pure oils. Young Living is good,Snow Lotus is the best I have found. They have real organic essential oils from around the world, they are a small company based in Cali. Great people. snowlotus.org
I have an ethical problem buying from Young Living, google the owner to see why.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Here's a link to one person's collection of information about Gary Young and Young Living:
A Critical Look at Gary Young, Young Living Essential Oils, and Raindrop Therapy

It is claimed that Young is a quack who murdered his first child by keeping her underwater after birth for an hour, who killed one of his workers by making unsafe distilleries that had not even been tested for safety, let alone passed any such tests. Whose product comes from questionable sources, whose marketing strategy is more dubious than most MLMs, and who has defrauded and extorted money from victims worldwide.

The browser froze in mid-post; I had added this line:
Young & Young Living are to aromatherapy what Wyle E. Coyote and Acme are to rocket science.
Aromatherapy IS a valid adjunct treatment for many physical and emotional problems. But you'd be better off looking elsewhere for your products.

Also - Valerie Worwood's book is awesome. It is one of the books in my collection from when I studied with the Pacific Institute and Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 03-07-2011 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: edited for libel reasons

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have an ethical problem buying from Young Living, google the owner to see why.
Are we not allowed to link to him? If not; a mod can remove it. His name- Gary Young, Young Living Essential Oils

I wouldn't buy from him either.

Quack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine